It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's inflatable decoy weapons and military hardware in pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Russia's inflatable decoy weapons and military hardware in pictures

www .telegraph.co.uk

Any enemy surveillance of this site would result in the conclusion that it was a heavily-fortified area, with fighter planes ready to scramble at any moment. But look closer...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Inflatable decoys are nothing new. If only our sensors were more advanced enough to detect fake from real, such as IR sensors to detect engine heat or just analyzing the density of the object to determine if it is a genuine fighting vehicle or just a decoy.

Remember, decoys can have a maximizing effect on satellites and low-flying enemy aircraft, whose pilots can hardly determine if it is a real or a fake target.

www .telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Nothing new, It was done in WW2. It is interesting that its still being used though. especially since everything is high tech.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i remember seeing pictures of some inflatable tanks used in ww2 when i was a kid and now with the internet everything can be found again
www.generalpatton.org...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I wonder how long it would take before the FBI showed up at your door if you parked that missile launcher decoy out in one of your fields far from any road.

You know someone from the air would eventually look down and soil their shorts!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Nothing new, It was done in WW2. It is interesting that its still being used though. especially since everything is high tech.

indeed it was and i knew a guy that worked on making blow up tanks but today they would also use fake electronic signals to make it look like more was going on to add to the ilusion.

Russia is not backwards when it comes to warfare and if your not watching hollywood movies then you would know it was Russia that stopped hittler and won WWII.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Cool pictures,

I wondered about Thermal-imaging, and I quickly found something on it:

Design features can include any level of visual fidelity as well as special radar reflective materials and thermal heating systems. Decoys are specially designed to simulate the actual military equipment as closely as possible for thermal image and can be enhanced to simulate engines, mufflers, drivers and jet exhausts.

So in other words, giving you a real hard time to figure whats real and whats not.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sir! I just fired one shot from my rifle at that tank, and then it melted! What type of ammo is this!?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by eennoo]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
AWESOME. I wish I had an inflatable T-90... I would take it for a walk down the street just to see what stupid civilians would do to get away from it

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i can just picture Iran with loads of these dotted around the country

would be fun to see the reactions of the israelis if they finaly do decide to go trigger happy

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I need an inflatable nuclear missile launcher.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

So in other words, giving you a real hard time to figure whats real and whats not.

You pay $200 for a decoy like this, your enemy blows 1 Million on a missile to take it out.

You essentially let your enemy lose the war for you economically.

Russia is about to surpass us in both air and ground combat shortly if it has not already.

new topics

top topics

join