It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miley Cyrus: Sex tapes v. Get Your Good On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Can we really know what's behind a celebrity's actions?

Does Dan Marino really like Nutrisystems? Does Bill Gates give billions of dollars to be nice, or just to control the lives of some people?

Miley Cyrus's website Get Ur Good On.org seems to say she's trying to make a positive difference for the kids, but do we really know??

Take a look...

The first things I noticed were Cyrus's warm smile and the great choice of background music: Waiting for the world to change by John Mayer with lyrics, "Hard to beat the system when we're standing at a distance"

Is she just another teenage superstar with a future of drugs, arrogance, sex videos, and a few failed movies? I don't know but here's more about her website.

After a little research I found that Cyrus is a big participant in the Make-A-Wish Foundation, helping more than 100 children realize their dream, and that she won the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award in 2009 [Miley Cyrus wikipedia page]. Any celeb can do this stuff, specially if connected with the right agenda-making groups and elite money....read on.

On Cyrus's Get Ur Good On page there are plenty of videos by teens about how to help people and what they do to help the community, as well as a whole section on community support and Getting Ur Good On:

100 Ways to Get Ur Good On

Full list

When I saw she offers grants to teachers to help the community I knew I had to share this!

I never did find much about her that's negative and it seems she really is behind what she's selling! Nice to see a celebrity stand up and help the world!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So glad I can count on ATS for all of my Miley Cyrus updates.
Does she tweet too?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just a gut feeling but I think when she turns 18 and can control her life on her own she's going to make Lindsey Lohan look like a Nun.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I thought I was coming here for sex tapes. Where are the Miley sex tapes?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Eh, she's cute. That's about all I can say about her. I really haven't a clue who she is, and don't want to know. Yes, I know she's a celebrity, but as far as what she has to say. . . I don't care. When you reach high celebrity status, you've got people telling you what to say and what not to say.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Yeah, pretty misleading.
Worst thread ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lol, nice to know she is so upstanding...but I figured for a story on her to be on ATS she must be secretly funneling booty shorts to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard... How did you decide which forum to post this?....I guess Id of been stumped

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The government does a lot of "GOOD" # too, in order to appease the masses and maintain an acceptable image.

If Cyrus wasn't doing good stuff also, people would just accuse her of selling sexuality to kids.

Inversely, if she weren't shaking her ass for the camera and wearing skimpy clothes, she wouldn't attract the same fan base that is making her a billionaire.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised at the immediacy of the responses... do most people just get into a frenzy at the mention of a celebrity?

I'm 40 years old, I couldn't care less about who Miley Cyrus is... but I DO care about my community, the world, and how our children react to celebrities.

My reason for writing this is that I happened across a youtube vid of Miley talking about doing good for the community and checked it out. I didn't know a thing about her before today, but I can say I'm really happy I made this thread! Despite the response, I feel that her actions (whether decided by her or her agents) is having a positive impact on our world.

peace

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Eh, she's cute. That's about all I can say about her. I really haven't a clue who she is, and don't want to know. Yes, I know she's a celebrity, but as far as what she has to say. . . I don't care. When you reach high celebrity status, you've got people telling you what to say and what not to say.

well some celebs have nice, conscientious people telling them what to say... interesting you don't care but you were one of the first to comment on a Miley Cyrus thread

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Yeah, pretty misleading.
Worst thread ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys even read the thread??

V. (in the thread title) means versus, like a comparison - is she gonna be a typical sex-tape style celeb or actually help people with her deeds.

from the OP
Is she just another teenage superstar with a future of drugs, arrogance, sex videos, and a few failed movies? I don't know but here's more about her website.

If you want sex tapes there are plenty of places to find them besides ATS/BTS...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

well some celebs have nice, conscientious people telling them what to say... interesting you don't care but you were one of the first to comment on a Miley Cyrus thread

Who cares? The point is that they don't think for their selves, and people take this junk at face value. I came here to voice my opinion about celebrities in general. It had little to do with MC.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Who cares? The point is that they don't think for their selves, and people take this junk at face value. I came here to voice my opinion about celebrities in general. It had little to do with MC.

ok, but "celebrity status" is not the point of the thread, the point is that some people make a difference. If Miley Cyrus is making a positive impact on our society then I appreciate that - not because of who she is (or even pretends to be), but because of the end result for humanity. What you call "this junk" actually makes a huge difference to people!

She's telling kids to tutor younger kids, help elderly people clean their house gutters, make food for homeless people... feeling, interactive, caring activities which make our world a better place.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Give it about 143 days.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am with you on that one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

Give it about 143 days.

TheAssoc.

That's hilarious. I'm all for people having fun

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Of course she'd be doing this stuff.

It's all part of IMAGE. Celebrities want people to revere them in more ways than one (other than the folks wanting sex tapes of a minor).

I just have trouble buying it. My b.s detector goes off at stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Shes DAYUMMMM fine,

That website is just A&R Public relations Bull#

You know she likes it rough from behind

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

top topics

join