It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An embarrassing day for Pakistan + A great step for Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Scores of Pakistani politicians could lose their seats in parliament after authorities opened an inquiry into claims 10 per cent of federal and provincial legislators had lied about their qualifications.

Up to 160 elected officials have been accused of faking their degrees in order to meet a requirement for holding office.

This is not surprising especially knowing the extent of corruption which exists in Pakistan.

This is embarrassing, but also a great step for Pakistan to hire people who will pursue policies for the best Interest of Pakistani people and pursue policies based on the Pakistani belief.

Critics said that the law was undemocratic because only 50 per cent of adults in the country of 180 million people are literate.

Well, it doesn't matter whether 50% of the population is literate or not, if you want people to have a good understanding of the world, and have good wisdom, the least they should have is knowledge.

Here is the weirdest defense I have seen from politicians:

"A degree is a degree! Whether fake or genuine, it's a degree! It makes no difference!" Nawab Aslam Raisani, the chief minister from Baluchistan province who claims to have a master's degree in political science, shouted at reporters.

A great stop towards a better future.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Doesn't really surprise me to be honest.

Some claim it happens in the USA too, perhaps even in the White House...

Most people get rich thanks to high connections in the old boys network nowadays.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, fake degrees....fake birth certificates.....who cares? TPTB don't...after all, who needs a degree to be a criminal, a liar and a murderer? No problems there, folks!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes, fake degrees....fake birth certificates.....who cares? TPTB don't...after all, who needs a degree to be a criminal, a liar and a murderer? No problems there, folks!

Democracy mixed with ignorance is worse mix than Vodka mixed with MILK.

I hope you understand what I mean.

top topics

join