It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Bank poverty 'worse than Gaza'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Children living in the poorest parts of the West Bank face significantly worse conditions than their counterparts in Gaza, a study conducted by an international youth charity has found.

The report by Save the Children UK, due to be released on Wednesday, says that families forced from their homes in the West Bank are suffering the effects of grinding poverty, often lacking food, medicine and humanitarian assistance.

Those individuals who argued that the fighting against Israel has no meaning and hasn't accomplished anything are ultimately wrong. Especially when they gave West Bank as an example, and said, hey look at West Bank, they are doing sooo well because they haven't been fighting the Zionist regime similar to Hamas.

The Palestinian need Political and military force to defend them and their rights and to ultimately force Israel to come and join the peace process.

If Israel doesn't face any worrying security threat, and doesn't gain anything from peace, then why should it ultimately pursue peace? It has no interest in acquiring peace . It has no interest in allowing the Palestinians to unite and build a nation, like promised.

The European Commission funded study found that in "Area C"- the 60 per cent of the West Bank under direct Israeli control - the poorest sections of society are suffering disproportionately because basic infrastructure is not being repaired due to Israel's refusal to approve the work.

Homes, schools, drainage systems and roads are in urgent need of repair, but instead of work being allowed, families are being forced to live in tents and do not have access to clean water.

Restrictions on the use of land for agriculture have left thousands of Palestinian children without enough food and many are becoming ill as a result, the study found.

This is because Israel continues to expand its settlements towards West Bank.

While Israel has been forced to stop settlement expansion towards Gaza, and Gaza is ruled by Palestinian elected government.

Fatha being corrupt is forced to do the dirty work of the empire, just to help it stay in power.

Fatha is used to divide the Palestinians, therefore giving the Zionist regime the privilege of continuing the ill treatment of the Palestinians, and continuing its illegal activities.

The resistance has worked, but until Fatha join Hamas and until Palestinians truly pose a security threat to Israel, peace will not be accomplished.

As long as Palestinians are weak and divided, Israel will feel free to do what ever it can, knowing the VETO power it has gained.

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah just goes to show. I've heard the argument 'but look at the West Bank, they're ok' many times.

Israel is robbing these children of their future and holding them accountable for crimes they did not commit.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Israel has been bending the West Bank and East Jerusalem over a barrel since '01.

I look back at my own people's history. We let outrselves be moved. Move over that hill, Red Man, and we will not bother you there. Move across that river, Indian, and that place will be yours forever. March into the plains, chief, we don't want it, you can have it.

We got tired of moving over the next hill, across the next river, into the lands of other people. We finally stood where we were, and started to shove back. By then it was too late, of course, and we lost. But we fought, and we fought like total M'Fers and not a damn person in this country or any other can blame us for doing so. We gave he United States its longest running war, and its most casualties per capita. We lost, but we made the Europeans bleed and be buried across the breadth of a continent for every inch they took.

I can't blame the Palestinians when they fight back. I don't think it will help them... But I can't blame them for doing it.

new topics

top topics

join