It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell and Thanks for all the Shrimp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
As many of the good folks who live in and around the Gulf of Mexico will not live to see the rest of us ring in the New Year in January 2011; this is for you...

Thank you for all the wonderful seafood and culture that you have blessed the rest of us with over the past 200 years.

We are sorry to see you and your way of life die, but are helpless to prevent it.

If you have the means to evacuate the region before the hurricanes whip up toxic gasses and spread them over your lands, then by all means please leave now while you still have time.

God Bless and Good Luck.

—Your Fellow Americans

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Gold_Bug]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
WTF ???
I don't get this or maybe
I'm just ignernt !!!

Is there a reason why this was posted???
Fear tactic maybe???

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Look at the 27 thread titles Gold_Bug has posted, and you tell me. I don't recall a member in recent history who had such a high "asterisks and caps"-to-thread title ratio.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I dunno. I cant't attest to the honesty of the OP.
But isn't the GoM a mess? People no longer having jobs. Is tis a scare tacitic? From who?

I buy seafood here in Kentucky and the folks that sell me the food assure me that the goods aren't from the GoM and is safe. Why's that?

But, yeah, so long and thanks for the shrimp, and the oysters as well,

Maybe I'm just ingnernt.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Thank you for thread OP, I feel heart break for the people of the Gulf states, I hope people don't put them selves in extreem risk to exposure
to these Chemicals. See this Link to this Documentry at 7.5min VERY FRIGHTNING Movie doesn't have right click options, so link is to page with the 1 movie. Needs to be viewd by and considered by other ATS'S.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Who would thaught.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

. .
You are my new friend, whether you like it or not.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Personally I’m still not sold on the idea of an oil gusher out there.
I am sold on the thought that everything else that is going into the water is bad though.
Whether it is a mud volcano, asphalt or whatever, I think if the gusher were spewing hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude it would be a bit more apparent.
But we do see the red streaks out there though.
It is some “Must see TV” though.
All the world is a stage.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hurricane Alex has given us a small taste of what will happen when a hurricane come into the GoM and pushes oil inland. If we had doubts before, this should dispell them. This blowout is disasterous and a hurricane in that area could be catestrophic.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
where's Kanye West to say that Barack Obama doesn't care about black people? I mean this could be worse than Katrina

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Don't say goodbye yet, we're NOT dead and we won't end up that way. Southerners tend to be resilient and resourceful by nature.

And fear-mongering won't change that. Yes, this is bad. Yes, it will completely change our way of life. Yes, this will pass and we will carry on.

GBD

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The only thing that repeats itself in history is - stupidity!

That is the one leak that never stops!

Combined with GoM leak, it spells = catastrophe!

It is fear mongering to even think about such possibility, but when reality hits, there will be an outcry: Why has no one warned us?

Stupidity marches its own Glory Road...

Humankind is a monument to Stupidity.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Poison Gas Death Clouds?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think he's refering to the quote "so long and thanks for all the fish"

In the movie: "Hitchhicker's guide to the galaxy"

edit:

[edit on 1-7-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

That looks like those colors in the sky that people have reported seeing shortly before an earthquake. Run for your lives!!! RUN!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi! Since I've moved around all my life, if I were in the coastal area, I would move. Pick a place that you've always wanted to see and buy a forclosed propery. Fix up the forclosed property, and take any job in that area. You could rent your old home to the BP clean up workers, or maybe take a tax loss on it this year. If you wait until everyone is forced to move/ evacuate you would lose out on opportunities for a forclosed
property deal available today. If nothing happens move back and sell the fixed up forclosed property for a profit. My father died of cancer seventeen years ago, and I personally would move away before I lost any family members to any disease or casuality from this horrible disaster.
The Wal-mart shrimp here on the east coast comes from Thialand. Our
shrimp on the east coast was always very expensive.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i think the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy quote is "so long, and thanks for all the fish!"

haha

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thank you kyred, can always accept another friend, Who would have thought NOSTADAMUS would have predicted this RED RIVER HERE......

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

From the 7.m 40 s Mark, Just drag slider.

regards robbo.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Robbo2006]

top topics

join