It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Naval Movements NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

i'm not sure what all this means, or how common it is for so many Naval Movements to be happening all at once by the Worlds Powers, but there sure is lots of activity right now.

RUSSIAN

Warships from three Russian fleets ply the Sea of Japan

“The Pyotr Veliky (Peter the Great) guided missile cruiser, the flagship of the Northern Fleet, and the Moskva cruiser, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, were alerted and put out to sea.
A large formation comprising warships, submarines and support ships from the Pacific Fleet sailed from various other bases. All of the fleet’s coastal services, including Marine units and naval aviation, were also alerted,” Captain First Class Roman Martov, head of the Pacific Fleet’s press service, told RIA Novosti

In all, the exercise is to involve about 20,000 military personnel, 70 fixed-wing aircraft, 2,500 pieces of weaponry, military and specialized equipment, as well as over 30 warships. The Vostok-2010 strategic exercise is to end on July 8

USA and ISRAEL

"Israel To Deploy Nuclear Submarines Off Iran Coast", headlined Israeli newspaper Haaretz on 22 June, reporting on an investigation by the British Sunday Times .
According to a statement by an Israeli officer, one of the four Dolphin submarines provided by Germany is already positioned in the Gulf. With its cruise missiles equipped with nuclear warheads (1,500 Km range), Israel can reach any target in Iran.
At the close of last week, an impressive naval squadron - consisting of more than a dozen U.S. warships and at least one Israeli missile launcher - crossed the Suez Canal on its way to the Persian Gulf: with a view to escalating military pressure on Iran. The reason is not only, as was reported, to prevent Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons in future

VARIOUS OTHERS

fearsome flotilla of warships from around the globe was reviewed by the Queen as she celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Canadian navy

Amongst the vessels gathered around the Nova Scotia city was the Royal Navy's flagship HMS Ark Royal.

The 20,000-tonne aircraft carrier was joined by the Devonport based Type 23 frigate HMS Sutherland and the Portsmouth based Type 42 destroyer HMS Liverpool - all the vessels are on multi-national exercises in the Atlantic Ocean

Brazil, America, Germany, Denmark and France also sent ships to moor alongside those from the Canadian fleet in Halifax harbour

Maybe it's nothing but it sure seems like there's a lot of Firepower on show at the moment. Maybe some kind of muscle flexing for future conflict??

news.uk.msn.com...

www.rebelnews.org...

en.rian.ru...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Having worked in an embassy defence section for nearly a decade, it looks fairly normal to me. The only concern is the Israeli crafts. That's not an exercise. It's a threat, and it looks like they aren't joking. The Israelis need to be stopped completely. The should be forced to give up their right to nukes. They are the weakest link in an otherwise already weak chain.

This will end badly, I suspect.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Yep, the situation is brewing up to boiling point there. I imagine most people here on ATS would think this is going to end badly too.

g

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's Armageddon on water !!!!
The Russians know something
is up or else they wouldn't
have put their fleet out to sea
so hastily. Something is about to
happen and it is gonna have
world wide significance. Just my
opinion.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You seem fairly certain there Boondock!

I must admit, since the Aide Flotilla killings, the Turkish response, Irans "so called" Nuke ambitions, the Russian Spies held in the U.S.A, and 4th July soon, it does all make me think if something big is around the corner.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

The Saudis gave it away
when they approved their airspace
for Israeli plane sorties.

You don't put on a condom unless .....

you get the drift !!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Russians move all the time. That's nothing of particular concern to my view. However, they have moved all of their naval fleets (or at least they are on alert)? Okay that's a bit more ominous. It's a hop, skip, and jump to the Persian Gulf from the Black Sea, just a few days' sail.

If there are any Chinese intel officers reading: Please have your ships begin moving around the Indian Sea coast and sneak up behind the Israeli and allied ships. Let's have some real fireworks!

Seriously, this is going to end very badly. The French are most certainly moving stealthily as well in some way. They would likely be stocking allied arsenals in the region.

What do world leaders always do when the economy goes tits up? They start a big, fat, juicy war and kill us all. At least the economy recovers and we're a lot quieter for a while.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ah...it's funny you should mention China! News from a couple of days ago -

Chinese navy conduct exercises to counter Somali pirates

Chinese naval task force, deployed in Gulf of Aden to fight Somali pirates, has staged a special anti-piracy exercise to improve rapid-reaction ability of its ship-based helicopters

China along with other countries including India has deployed its naval task force off the Somali coast to counter attacks raids on Chinese as well as international merchant vessels by pirates

www.hindustantimes.com...

AND NOT ONLY THIS!!!

China to conduct naval exercises to counter US-South Korean moves

In a move that could escalate tensions in the surcharged Korean peninsula, China said its military forces would kick-off live ammunition exercises in East China Sea from tomorrow in an apparent response to a joint naval manoeuvres between US and South Korea

The People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China will launch a six-day, live ammunition drill starting on Wednesday in the East China Sea, a move that analysts said is in response to a joint exercise between the United States and Republic of Korea (ROK) navies in the Yellow Sea," state run China Daily said today

The PLA decision was taken on June 24 and released to the
media ahead of the commencement of planned exercises by US and South Korea yesterday, the Daily said

But the South Korean navy has already announced that its
joint exercises with US have been postponed to July, it said

www.dnaindia.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
One more thing I find very amusing here. Although this has been "proven" (can anything really be proven, seriously?) a hoax, this is just so on the money that it should be shown again:

"Titor is vague as to the exact motivations and causes for World War III. At one point he characterized hostilities as being led by "border clashes and overpopulation" but also points to the present conflict between Arabs and Jews as a harbinger of World War III."

Looks like we're at that place. It took us about a decade more to get here, but that's what timelines are all about. And I KNOW George Takei died a few months ago. Damn timelines! lol

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Happens every now and then when we decided to make a run for Iran. I think the big ones were 2004, 2007, 2008. Three carrier groups there now. I think in 2004 it got up to six or seven? Memory is rusty. Usually it's "games," but a few times it's been close to as serious as this. Again if memory serves, this happened right before Israel nearly annihilated Lebanon too.

If you go back and look, you'll find virtually the same players doing and saying virtually the same things. Someone does something to piss someone off. Movement starts.

Arms to Iran from Russia. Naval activity around the gulf and the strait. Rumors of Iran getting uranium. Nuclear accusations against Iran increase. Sunday morning talk show rounds are made. Airspace restrictions and allowances. Sanctions. Chavez and Kim throw in their two cents...activity surrounding Korea. Someone tests a missile or launches a spy satellite. Germany's involvement this time is different. Turkey's a bit more angry at Israel. But basically the same noise and activity.

Same pattern, almost to a tee. And one of these times there'll be an incident, real or staged, and pow.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sounds like it's a "red rag to a bull" type scenario.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Looks like this time it's for keeps, mon ami. At least we know what the FEMA camps are for on the one side and what all these military overtures are on the other. We hit the jackpot!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Oh man. I'm so out of the loop. Somalia is right there. So China is right there already. Well, done and done. Kiss your loved ones, keep calm and carry on.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yep, the Chinese are not far away at all. I did not realise how close the Gulf was to the Somalia coast.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

What's all that different about this time? Seriously? We've been through War Drums on Iran at least three times before this, mon ami. Yes, sure, this time might be it. But this time is not all that different than the last three. We're at the stage where Iran has said, let's talk about these nukes again.

I'll add this. I think Ahmadinejad is crazy like a fox in that each time this happens he manages to draw world attention to what's happening and thus far has managed to avert the inevitable. I guess we'll see.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does anyone happen to know what might happen if some of that nuclear cloud met some of that methane? How far does the nuke permeate into the atmosphere (or any other sphere)? Are we looking at a cocktail or at two opposite ends of the bar?

I have this compulsive breathing habit, see...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Really, I would not get too carried away by the presence of warships in the waters near Israel.

They have enough destructive weapons to handle themselves.

The question is who is going to fire first. Iran loses no matter what. If Turkey, Pakistan, Syria or any other country tries to cripple Israel, they are cooked.

Israel has an incredible arsenal of nuclear weapons and they are not afraid to use them.

The Israeli's feels cornered like a cat. They will be responsive and active.

Israel is completely armed and everyone know's it. The mideast will fry if Israel decides to do so. Messing with Israel is the equivelent of Russia attacking China. Not gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by grantbeed

The Saudis gave it away
when they approved their airspace
for Israeli plane sorties.

You don't put on a condom unless .....

you get the drift !!!!

Saudi Arabia retracted after Israel announced that Saudi Arabia did no such thing.

Oh an Castro's predicting July 2, for anyone who hasn't read his letter of analysis of this.

There's been a LOT of good discussion on way too many threads (for me anyway..i like things handy lol) here in the last few weeks all leading up to this. If you want I can find a few keys one for ya.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think this is really not looking very pleasant.

They are, unlike last years these events took place, preparing the masses for a conflict with Iran.

Chinese in the Gulf of Aden ?

If you would ask me, the only navy's that belong there are those from the surrounding countries. But... There is a plus side.

If they all gather in that same neighborhood, they can all be destroyed in a flash.
Good riddens.

I don't like surprises that may possibly kill me or any others.

Lets keep hoping aliens will introduce themselves and wipe them from the sea.
An example for what will happen if we would attack them.

After the clean up they plug the leak and say, "We come in peace".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Israel will go up in a small puff of smoke as soon as they launch against Iran. The rest of the world is ready and waiting. There are two camps on this issue and Israel has less friends. They are an embarrassment and should be stripped right now of their rights to nukes.

Of course, there may be another solution waiting in the wings. Let's see what happens. Most interesting times we live in, it must be said.

Castro is a clever old chap. Let's see how many hours/days off his prediction is. It would be fun to have an exciting weekend, wouldn't it? Wow. WWIII. That doesn't happen just every day, now does it? And here I was off to the forest to pick some plants for my witchcraft. Meh, I guess I can do both.

<<   2 >>

join