It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL CLOCKS TO ZULU TIME!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All coalition forces have been told to switch to Zulu time.
This means Greenwich time.
Clocks have been synchronized, war is near.

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes, indeed, that is a good indication that we are very near war. It's only a matter of time and i hope it's soon.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The news reported last night that the forward rocket launchers are loaded now and live ammunition is being distributed.

BTW: I'm on GMT all the time....

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
lOOK OUT POLAND, HERE COMES HITLER

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
When this war is over you won't be so Pround anymore.

You See?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What is that sposed to mean?? hey i wouldbe proud that we liberated millions of iraqies

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
lOOK OUT POLAND, HERE COMES HITLER

No, brain surgeon, we're going to ensure that our threat doesn't decimate us like the threat to Europe decimated her.

Abraham, we will be proud. If for no other reason than that, even if the Arab nation, along with the other nations that are kissing its rear and standing against us all come against us and wins, we will die proudly instead of sniveling.

Who might we rely on if we became weak and tried to appease, thereby inviting more attacks? France, maybe?

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
At the end of the day the greatest military army on earth switches to using British time. ..... ahhh the mother country still exerts its influence over time and place.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
LOL netchickin never thought of it that way!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm a Proud American too!

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

You See?

Good point. Americans have already doubted their government from the very beginning of Mr. Bush's term.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Hypothetically speaking, if you were President what would you do in confront to what Bush did?
This will be very interesting!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What is that supposed to mean you ask? It means you will be ashamed of the massive US and Iraqi deaths. If that doesn't happen then you will still be in rage about the constant terrorism that will soon consume that land. Bin Laden said he will fight for Iraq and we will be assured massive terror threats in Iraq regardless if Bin Laden really does fight us or not. The Shia and Kurdish populations will want certian rights to land in Iraq. They won't get those rights because we have set up a plan to put up 12 different states all under control by tribal leaders. So instead of a united and so-called "liberated" Iraq you will have a split and waring Iraq. The land will be in chaos. All these factors probably are nothing to you people and you wouldn't really care unless it was you. So I know I maybe sound "unreasonable" but that doesn't mean I'm not rightous. I know my cause is good and yours is bad. You want death and destruction. I don't.

You wanted to know how to disarm Saddam.............oh gee maybe put a bullet in his head. Yes that is death too, but is neccasary to save the lives of our troops and many, many Iraqi's. Do you people really think even one American soilder's death is worth getting this criminal, Saddam??? I say no way!!!!!! If you think any of us should have to die to get rid of Saddam then maybe you should stop typing and start training with the Army. Stop speaking for me. Stop saying WE want this war. Say I want this war, not WE. GET IT???????????

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Saddam Hussein is a Murderer!!
He kills people who do not agree with him! Is this correct. Hang on let me get a gun and shoot you.... You disagree with me.

Here's a taste of the Iraqi Regime.

1.Saddam Kamel, Saddam's nephew and son-in-law

The main claim to fame of this officer in the security service was his starring role in the film The Long Days, the epic depicting Saddam Hussein's assassination attempt of President Qassim. He was also married to Saddam's younger daughter, Rina, until he was killed with his brother, Hussein Kamel, after defecting from Iraq in 1995.

2.Hussein Kamel, Saddam's nephew and son-in-law

Hussein Kamel rose from duties such as driving the president's automobile to running the Amn al-Khass, a special inner security agency to protect the president. He created the elite Republican Guards, and for years supervised the Iraqi nuclear weapons project. In the early 1990s, he managed Iraq's relations with UNSCOM.
In 1995, after fierce family feuds, Kamel, who was married to Saddam's favorite daughter, Raghad, defected to Jordan with his brother, taking Saddam's daughters along. Kamel called for the overthrow of Saddam, but seven months later, donning the uniform of an Iraqi army official, he returned to Iraq with his brother. There was initially talk of Saddam having forgiven his sons-in-law, but four days later, the two were killed by a squad of 40 men from the presidential guard, led by Ali "Chemical" Hassan al-Majid.

3.Uday, Saddam's son

Commander of the Fedayeen Saddam, a special militia trained to squelch any Iraqi popular uprisings, Saddam's eldest son, 38, has a fearsome reputation for brutality and violence. He gained his power base through his control of about a dozen newspapers and the most popular television and radio stations in Iraq. He's estimated to have a net worth of hundreds of millions of dollars gained from a number of other businesses, including food processing and, allegedly, illegal oil smuggling.

4.Adnan Khairallah Tulfah, Saddam's cousin

Saddam's boyhood friend and his wife's brother, Adnan served as minister of defense until his mysterious death in 1989. In a family feud, in which Saddam's son Uday protested his father's mistress and killed a man, Adnan Khairallah took sides with Saddam's wife (his sister). He was killed a year later in a helicopter crash that many believe the presidential palace may have orchestrated. Although that has never been proven, in the early 1990s, 60 Minutes interviewed a former bodyguard of Saddam who claimed he had planted a bomb in the helicopter at the president's order.

These people are his immediate family. Just immagine what he'd do to his so called people!

You need to go back a re-think your loyalties my friend.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
this MURDERER. Please, don't take may words for granted. I say what I say, not what you say I say. Do you understand how my mind works? No. I sometimes can't figure it out myself. So what I am saying is that, you and others on this board have gone as far as calling me a loyalist to the Iraqi Regime before even asking my opinion on the alternate solutions. It is well known I am against this war. Yet I have been blamed simply for this attitude, as all others who disagreed, like Nans, so we have been outcasted and condemned for our beliefs. So what is the deal? Do we not have free speech? Is it that if we don't conform to the so-called 'public opinion' that we are not entitled to a respectful and concerned crowd??? It seems like to me this line from Bush, "You are either with us, or your with the terrorists." has become the common crusading tactic to keep your political propaganda machine sucking dry all the opposition to the war machine run by the evil empire. The evil empire is a metaphor in this reference but I know you will rape my statements until I can't take it anymore anyways, so do what you want with it. You can try and paint my picture, but only I know what I look like inside. So lay of Piccaso!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Your words are very colourful. I'll give you that much.

Originally quoted by Barba
Hypothetically speaking, if you were President what would you do in confront to what Bush did?

You must be a politician, you did avoid my question before. So.....so answer it and amuse us with your conclusion.
Hang on one more time for the dummies. I will rephrase it.
What do you think is the correct method of stopping Saddam Hussein's Iraq threatening its neighbours and the rest of the world?

By the way, not once did I insult you in any way so I expect the same curtesy in return thank you.

By the way the term 'one more time for the dummies' in Australian slang means Once more.

[Edited on 12-3-2003 by barba007]

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I did answer your questions you just overlooked it. Even though I am an advacate of peace and fairness, I have agreed that the only way to stop Saddam is to put a bullet in his head. I know that isn't really fair, but many would argue otherwise. Not to mention it will bring peace to the people of Iraq, from Saddam. I still think that if he is gone others like Bin Laden and Mullah Krekar will still be there to destroy the hopes for peace. So I am one that is very split and confused on how to handle this situation. One of the main reasons I am against this war is because I know how important Iraq is to the Arab World. It is considered the capital of the Arab World. So I understand the simplie fact that Muslims think that if we attack Iraq then we are attacking all Muslims. Then again was that not the same mentallity during the Soviet takeover of Afghanistan??? Didn't the religious freaks come out and tell everyone to grab a gun???? Yeap, I believe they did. So the same thing will happen with Iraq, due to the lack of intelligence and the lack of faith in the political arena. If the Muslims were not so outcasted from our foreign policy initutives than maybe they wouldn't be so suspicious of our activities against the Islamists and the secular radicals, like Saddam. So I could careless what happens to Saddam, but I care a whole lot about what happens to Iraq. If that is an unpatroitic view and an un-American one at that, then so be it. I care about this world, not just my country. My country will be just fine, it's the other ones out their that need attention.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
that make Muslims more suspicious of our activities Abraham...though outcasting likely plays a part as well....

"Hypothetically speaking, if you were President what would you do in confront to what Bush did?"

Felt I had to respond to this though. Let me first point out that I am for the war, just not for the way Bush went about it. What would I have done in contrast? Simple. First, I would have assembled irrefutable evidence of failure to live up to the resolution. Then, I would have presented it to the UN Security Council in such a way as to show no doubt that that was the case. If the evidence wasn't there, I would have simply harped on the fact that he has broken every resolution he agreed to, to date, and that alone should be sufficient cause for action...(failure to live up to the terms of cease fire). Then, I would NOT have spoken of regime change so bluntly, but would have argued that the current regime is incapable of adhering to an agreement, and thus, another must take it's place. Finally, with all members in agreement, multi-lateral action would have taken place easily. I also wouldn't have waited 12 years to act either.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I did answer your questions you just overlooked it. Even though I am an advacate of peace and fairness, I have agreed that the only way to stop Saddam is to put a bullet in his head. I know that isn't really fair, but many would argue otherwise. Not to mention it will bring peace to the people of Iraq, from Saddam.

This was your post in another thread:

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no other way. We can't assassinate him for two reasons, or three really. The one and most imporatant is it is a sin, secondly he will get his martydom, and third it's illegal under ALL law. So if we get him and put him in jail that is a lot more fair than certain death. Yes, he has been one the worst of the worst when it comes to disrespect towards human life but that doesn't justify anyone to committ an act of even more or less impression of that same personification when taking justice matters in to their hands. The Lord and Death decide who dies, not you. Those who choose to think otherwise and live accordingly will regret their sinful idealism.

Is it just me, or do these posts completely contradict one another?
You seem to be rather indecisive.

I'm just curious what you really think.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just realize that the only way to avoid war is to do it the illegal way. Yes I still think that to wish or act opon someone's death is sinful, but then again if it saves the lives of others less sinful than the one you are plotting against then, why not???? I know I am a hypocrite, but my country's policy in the Middle East almost forces me to be such a confused and indecisive fool. So yeah this war is somewhat neccasary, because it is well known that Saddam isn't the easiest target to hit. Yet I see the backlash from the rest of the world and I get scared. Who knows what is out there waiting for us??? We have alot of planning to do. I think if all of that planning doesn't center around post-Saddam Iraq, then we will have quite a handful in our hands. I believe that the terrorism and the tribal warfare will be like that of Afghanistan if the right moves are not made to avoid this war. Personally, I am one for telling Israel to do our dirty work for us, so we can finally have an 'exuse' to go help them with their terror. It is well known that no troops are ever planned to go to Israel, for two reasons, one because they don't want us there, two we don't want us there. I think if we were serious about terrorism than we would focus on that and not our vengence on Saddam. I mean do you really think he can even harm us if we don't come his way???? I don't. I know that everything he does is eyeballed by us anyways, so if we are always watching then how could he ever suprise us???? Not to mention if one does some research on Saddam, one will find out that he does not work well with others, including terrorists. Actually, especially terrorists. Think about it, Kurds in the north oppose him, so they are terrorists, right??? Okay, maybe not terrorists, but at least rebels, right??? Well rebels terrorize and incite just like a terrorist does and for the same reasons a terrorist does. That reason is to impose his belief or will on the unwilling or unbelievers. So he knows what radicalism is like and he has spoken down on it in many ways many different times. He can be a hypocrite himself. So basically what I am trying to say is he isn't worth it. His people are. If Bush would just say that this war is all about saving the Iraqi people than I would say here I am, what do you want me to do to help??? Although he doesn't say that. He says stupid things like this man is a threat. Yeah well so is Japan to North Korea, so is Iran to the rest of the Arab World, so is Greece to Cyprus, so is Columbia to the rest of the world, so is India to Pakistan and vice versa. So I can't allow this attitude and reasoning for warfare to go on if it will only lead to more warfare. You See??????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join