It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large arsenal of links to medical studies on cannabis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I wouldnt call it a dependency to make us happy. Well I can only speak for myself actually, but IMO, marijuana is used to awaken us to the greater consciousness. If I, myself had not started to partake in ingesting such a wonderful, NATURAL, herb I dont think I would be the awakened person I am today(not trying to use awakened to sound condescending, just how I feel). It is just another puzzle piece to the mystery of life and experience. IMO everyone should try it at least once as it helps you identify yourself and where you fit in this crazy concoction we call society. Plus, the idea of an external item or being, needed for happiness is foolish in itself. All joy, pure joy, comes from inside.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mindseye21

That doesn't make much evolutionary sense to be honest. Organisms do not evolve things they cannot do without an outside chemical unless of course that is a bi-species relationship. But we are not like flowers to bees. We are people. And people never evolved any sort need for such things. In all things like that, you are using a chemical to get somewhere that you can do on your own. Again, we evolved to be a species of music, chants, emotion, etc etc. These things can, to some degree, awaken the mind to new ways of thinking. But one must draw the line between that and requiring some sort of drug to do it. No, you don't need that drug to do that. You only think you do because you're not trying hard enough. People have been waking themselves up to new ways of thinking since long before contact with such drugs. Even so, it could all just be a half remembered dream.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You definitely make a strong point. But how do we know how humans evolved. IMHO I would make the claim that we are just an extension of consciousness, making the plant an aid or tool to bring us back into Harmony with what were meant to do while in our rented bodies. Evolution is only a theory, yes it has basis in reality but once again as I always say, science is just a bunch of theories. If you can put a and b together a couple thousand times and you get C, according to science thats all there is. there is so much more beyond concievable ideas, and language. I think not just THC, but things like '___', mescaline, and psylocibin among other chemical compounds are tools for us to expand our own consciousness and become one with Gaia. Thats just me though. I hope that clarifies my stance a little bit.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
STOP IT

Enough bickering between yourselves, discuss the topic not each other.

No other warnings will be afforded.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I apologize if this sounds ignorant, but how is clarifying something I said that involves the current topic bickering? Am I not supposed to clarify things I wrote if I feel them to be misunderstood?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Allow me to explain. The soul, spirit, or whatever you would like to call it, cannot, by its own existence, be affected, prevented, nor in any way shape and or form be connected to the physical reality. And there is a good reason for that. If the soul can in any way shape and or form be observed, then it can be affected. Likewise if it can be affected, it can be observed. The problem with observation is this. if it can be observed, it can be changed, and more importantly, it can be destroyed. if the soul can be observed, and by proxy destroyed, then it really is nothing more than an armature to the body that has all its dependency on the flesh. If it is dependent on the flesh, then it will die like the flesh, thus making the soul no more important in the grand scheme of things than walking down a road or eating a burger. For if we all do die and it is for nothing, lets eat and drink and be merry, because then we die tomorrow and are undone.

And while returning to Gaia and all that new age stuff is tempting, I cannot help but know this fact. We are not forever. This Earth is not forever. It seems so nice and lovely until you realize that sometime from now the Earth will be cannibalized by its life bringer, the sun, and turned to nuclear fuel. You and all yours will be no more than fuel for nuclear fire that heats the worlds in this solar system. So it is by proxy a big fallacy. And in the end, what kind of universe relies on a mere plant for "awakening".

That's the problem with mixing reality with the spiritual. Reality is not permanent. And therefore everything it is connected to is not either.

Ergo, it is impossible for the soul to be in any way affected nor dependent on anything physical like plants. For then the soul, too, is temporary like those plants.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not really sure. I mean people are kind of abusive to my claims but no bickering.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I didn't mention you two specifically did I?

The topic:Large arsenal of links to medical studies on cannabis

This conversation was becoming more about individual member's opinions of each other then the topic. I only ask that it remain on topic.

Preventative measures

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well put, I see where your coming from. I guess my own experiences have told me different and it is a little harder to verbalize than what I actually put down. Good conversation though.
edit on 2-4-2011 by mindseye21 because: Sorry didnt notice the comment after it from tothetenthpower

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just read this haha. My apologies.

"Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join