It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid cash feared lost as £2bn is flown out of Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

More than £2bn of cash has been openly flown out of Kabul airport since 2007, raising fears huge sums of British and American aid are being creamed off by corrupt officials.

The sum haemorrhaging from one of the poorest countries in the world has led officials to believe the money is from plundered Western aid projects and security or reconstruction contracts, it has been reported.

Proceeds from the country's rampant opium and heroin businesses also account for part of the sum, which is more than the Afghan government's entire tax revenue.
The money is packed in suitcases or even stacked on pallets and flown mainly to Dubai.

Customs records for legally declared money leaving the airport showed £2.1 billion left between since the start of 2007 and the end of February 2010.

The declared cash is likely to be a fraction of what actually leaves the country. Customs records are incomplete and money is also smuggled out unregistered.

Source 1

Source 2

This is absolutely disgusting, shows again the corrupted bonds between the US and Afghanistan.

The same thing happened in Iraq, just another Govt pyramid scheme that will never be investigated.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Does it really surprise you! The sooner you break and destroy the Bush/Cheney cartel the quicker World peace will happen. The only way this money is getting out is with military collusion,

Remember the tsunami, Bush/Clinton! "Don't sent cheques-send cash" that was so it couldn't be traced and that too disappeared,

We shouldn't even be in Afganistan, and now we're on the cusp of being dragged into conflict with Iran! If the people hell bent on war spent the war budgets on peace and nation building the whole world would be a richer place to live instead we are constantly being dragged into hell by the spineless gangsters who will sit deep underground while evrybody else is destroyed!

What happened to morals, human rights, justice! why are the known few still allowed to walk around unimpeded despite being war criminals, fraudsters and mass murderers! why can't Bush, Clinton, Blair, Brown, Rockerfeller, Rothchild, Rumsfield, Goldman Sachs, etc etc and all known associates be arrested and tried in a transparent court of law,

I feel so depressed that we are led to believe we are powerless, yet we are not! There are many peaceful ways to break these monopolies down and that's by consumer choice!

Choose one brand of fuel to run our cars on, one for electrical goods, one for food, one for domestic fuel! you see where I'm coming from! it's all about money and power well if we cut 9/10's out of the loop it would actually ruin some and and make others compete,

I digress, I don't believe any aid money actually gets through, if it's electronically sent it can be diverted by the banking leeches, if it's cash it's easier to fill your pocket or case as it appears!

We in Britain are struggling like hell in this deliberately induce depression in their attempt to finally consolidate the World as one, yet we are still going to be sending overseas aid when we have 10's of thousands living below poverty too! WTF

Peace to all and remember, the tail doesn't wag the dog!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

The Bush/Cheney cartel??? It goes much deeper than all that my friend!
I suspect the roots of this problem can be found embedded EVERYWHERE in the US Federal gov't.

I wonder what sorts of nefarious things this money is going towards. Undoubtedly some of it got caught up in the opium/heroin trade.
Any other ideas?

join