It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechen Police Shoot Paintballs at Women With Uncovered Hair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Police officers in Chechnya have been firing paintballs at Chechen women with uncovered hair; the policemen drive by in cars with tinted windows and shoot the women in the face and neck as they're walking down the street. Following the initial attacks last week, fliers from the shooters appeared in the Chechen city of Gudermes warning that if women didn't cover themselves the paintballers would resort to "tougher measures."

The fliers also admonished, "Isn't it nasty for you, while dressed defiantly, with your head uncovered, to hear various obscene 'compliments' and proposals? Think again!" This infuriating and degrading development — shooting women with paint?! — is one result of Russia's cold bargain with Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, a Chechen rebel-turned-Kremlin-loyalist.

Trying to maintain control over Chechnya and quash any separatist uprisings, Russia has essentially allowed Kadryov to run the Chechen republic according to his version of Islamic law.

SOURCE

Yea this is crazy IMO, I mean come on...Paintballs? Those things HURT!!
So far Russia is apparently ignoring the situation all together...those poor women!!

--GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
geez, i thought throwing powdered doughnuts at fatgirls was bad.

keep 'em comin gemini.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've been shot in the mouth with a paint-ball and I wouldn't say I'd like to have it done again, my lips were numb for hours afterwards. Perfect shot from a friend. And I was wearing a mask at the time!

The police are simply cowards. Then again, under Kadryov, who could expect anything different? The man is a cold-blooded murderer (that's not to say that's anything strange when dealing with Northern Caucasus politics.)

Thanks for the info GeminiSky

[edit on 29/6/10 by shamus78]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In all reality, it beats the crap out of how they are treated in most of the middle east...

... in most of those countries, those aren't paintballs they are shooting women in the head with!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Even tho I dont agree with the paintball option, I would have to agree with Mr. Bean, It sure beats being dug in the ground and being stoned to death!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Grrrrrr! Don't get me going on how some places treat their women. I am a woman and if I had to live in a country like that, I'd be shot dead because I wouldn't allow being treated in such a way. What are these cave men or what?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yup its pretty ridiculous...I thank god that I was not born in one of these places...I mean we really dont have a say so as to where we are gonna be made u know?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
What are these cave men or what?

Strict muslims, cave men, same difference

new topics

top topics

join