It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Knox Gold-plated tungsten bars scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

i believe one day one of these companies will get caught and then there will be a problem that will make the economic lt down over homes mortgages look small.

Thats why most here will be holding the physical stuff and now that cat is out the bag then a lot of people will dump the paper stuff that on paper will force the price of the real stuff down but against that those caught with the funney bars will have to replace them and thats where i come in.

My hoard could well go down 50% but if things play out bad for the banks then it could go to the moon and in any case it's so nice to give the bankers two fingers.

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Addendem:

What good will gold be when TSHTF. You can't eat it.

No you can not but it's seen many fiat papers system come and go over the 5000 + years and i don't have the room to store £10k plus of food in my house and i find that rats of inflation tend to eat my tolet paper.

it's not a conspriacy to say we were hours away from a meltdown in 2008 and i don't think the answer to debt was more debt so i think we will see it again.

Do you mind me asking if your a debt slave

[edit on 30-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the late 80s. Most of the gold was moved out of Ft. Knox long ago. There is some gold still stored there but from what I was told back then was the majority of the gold was moved to the New York Federal Reserve bank.

AND.... Its GONE!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Addendem:

What good will gold be when TSHTF. You can't eat it.

I agree that things other than gold should be your first priority, but look at Zimbabwe, since the currency is worthless people are using gold to buy and trade. It is still useful to have some around imo.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join