It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Knox Gold-plated tungsten bars scandal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Gold-plated tungsten bars scandal is about to erupt :

gold-silver-market.blogspot.com...

it looks that a big part of Gold bars in Banks vaults are in fact tungsten plated gold , the scandal is just starting to leak and it could cause the burst of the Gold bubble , if the general public starts losing faith in the gold not being able to spot the real from the fake cause it wouldn't be too difficult to make convincing fake gold bars out of gold-plated tungsten (which costs $30 a pound compared to $12,000 a pound for gold).

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd like to see a more credible source. On the other hand, if this is true, the real gold has probably been moved to a secure deep undergroud base. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If this is true my question is

Who stole the gold?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Addendem:

What good will gold be when TSHTF. You can't eat it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If gold crashes then good. Same as the property market. "Investors" artificially drive up the price well beyond its real value. Creating a bubble.

Why don't these people invest in small business instead and help create jobs for the economy.

Money invested in Gold or Land etc... is dead money. The epitome of lazy.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If the SHTF gold may be worth something in the early days. If society collapses it would be worthless in short order. Reminds me of the old TwilightZone episode called "The Rip Van Winkle Effect".

Thieves steal gold and wake up in the future where it no longer has value....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
If the SHTF gold may be worth something in the early days. If society collapses it would be worthless in short order. Reminds me of the old TwilightZone episode called "The Rip Van Winkle Effect".

Thieves steal gold and wake up in the future where it no longer has value....

I remember that one. They woke up years in the future and gold was worthless because it could be manufactured.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This guy has done a lot of research into the rumor.

Effectively, the story was trying to say that not only was there little or no US gold at Fort Knox, but the same conclusion might be arrived at with other central banks that had received this fake gold from the US. As proof, the story said that these US government bars had showed up at a (central?) bank in Hong Kong. It was too bad for the story, but there never was any evidence from any source to support the Hong Kong/central bank allegation. As far as I could tell, the Hong Kong thing was all pure and simple unsubstantiated rumor designed to support the 1.3 to 1.5 million bars story.

www.safehaven.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If the rich and elite base their wealth on Gold and gold Crashes.. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Now, I know you've never seen one of these before but this is called a vacuum cleaner. You use this to clean the floors. Oh and that's a pot for cooking and this is toilet paper, you have to wipe yourself and dress your self in the mornings. Get to work.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if gold crashes, it will always have an intrinsic value behind it, whilst the dollar may become toilet paper.

Gold isn't edible, but it would buy your freedom from being taken to the concentration camp by fascist overlords.

IMO gold will still go up overall because of the high demand, and the fact that real gold does exist regardless of the tungsten fake bars.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Land can be used to grow food & before fiat money whoever had the gold ruled the kingdoms. There's nothing dead or lazy about precious metals or purchasing land.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
there is no gold in fort knox, the u.s. is so deep in debt now we can never repay it and we don't even have gold left to even try.

which is the bad news if China who owns the majority of all u.s. debt decides to forclose and call in the debt they would collapse the u.s. economy instantly.

we've given away our gold and our national parks due to debt. If you don't believe me go to any national park and look on the sign that pretty much says property of the U.N. now.

I know ocala national forest has U.N. sign at it's entrance and yellowstone also does. which our land and gold have went in part as holdings for this major debt.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
If the rich and elite base their wealth on Gold and gold Crashes.. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Now, I know you've never seen one of these before but this is called a vacuum cleaner. You use this to clean the floors. Oh and that's a pot for cooking and this is toilet paper, you have to wipe yourself and dress your self in the mornings. Get to work.

The rich and elite base their wealth on having ownership of the things that are essential to our society.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
If gold crashes then good. Same as the property market. "Investors" artificially drive up the price well beyond its real value. Creating a bubble.

Why don't these people invest in small business instead and help create jobs for the economy.

Investors are not neccessarily driving up the price beyond it's true value - on the contrary, the price of gold is a reflection of the devaluation and mistrust in fiat currencies.

If anything, the price is being suppressed at the moment, due to illegal and conspiratorial shorting by the likes of JPMorgan. It is nowhere near a bubble yet.

Gold is a currency, it is the only true universally accepted currency; which is why central banks are hoarding, and are now net buyers.

And money put into gold, for the average punter, is not dead money in the slightest or the epitome of lazy; when you buy gold, you are helping create and/or sustain jobs in mining, refining, minting, distribution, sales - the same as you if you would be buying anything else in the market.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Interesting blog.

Its been said before, and it'll keep getting said until the general public pays attention.

We done been had, folks.

More info in my thread over here:

Gold Rush 21 (Documentary)

A lot of the 'gold' that people think is out there, is in electronically traded accounts.

A holding reserve may have a large ingot of gold, but not everybody can buy the whole bar... so they sell pieces of it off - electronically.

If they sell too many pieces?

Not good...

Also, to keep FIAT(tied to oil) currencies afloat, private entities like the FEDERAL RESERVE launder the gold from reserves back into the market to keep the price of gold down. Can't have rogue countries tying their currencies to gold or silver now can we...

Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution:

No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation; grant letters of marque and reprisal; coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.

Exactly how are we supposed to pay the Federal Reserve back... without gold or silver.

Its a scam.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is an old story, keeps coming back.

Search link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...:fzhl_cfnikq&cof=FORID:9&q=tungsten+gold&sa=Search&siteurl=www.abovetops ecret.com/forum/home-burp.php

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

it is obvious by your comment your a smart person.

When it does all crash, you know how to fend for yourself?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

A lot of the 'gold' that people think is out there, is in electronically traded accounts.

A holding reserve may have a large ingot of gold, but not everybody can buy the whole bar... so they sell pieces of it off - electronically.

i believe that a lot of paper gold is backed by ether nothing or Gold-plated tungsten bars.

i believe one day one of these companies will get caught and then there will be a problem that will make the economic lt down over homes mortgages look small.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Land can be used to grow food & before fiat money whoever had the gold ruled the kingdoms. There's nothing dead or lazy about precious metals or purchasing land.

However..... Land can be stolen from you by the government just like hard cash or gold can be. They have done it throughout history and it's no different today. Today of course, they'll have an army of slick lawyers advising them on the relevent excuse to use, and stick you with the court costs you rack up trying and get your land back.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was stationed at Ft. Knox in the late 80s. Most of the gold was moved out of Ft. Knox long ago. There is some gold still stored there but from what I was told back then was the majority of the gold was moved to the New York Federal Reserve bank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join