It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one ghost hunting show that isn't fake...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I personally like Ghost Adventures. The fact that it's just the three of them locked down at a location adds something to it. Can't wait for the new episodes in September.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters International

What I love about this show is that they go to foreign haunted houses and expect the ghosts to speak English on their evp recorders! LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
about american paranormal: they set up an investigation lasting one night, they didnt find prove ghosts or non-human entities exist. thats it, case closed, 100% scientific proven: these things dont exist.
what i am missing is: longer investigations, at least 24/7 for a couple of weeks,
more equipment, every inch of the area has to be non-stop watched. thermal, infra-red, visible light. microphones all over the place.
but i am realistic, its probably too expensive for a tv-show.
what they did in american paranormal in that prison, is not enough to disprove paranormal activity.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

the creepiest destination truth episode was when they where investigating ufos in peru, they saw a light in the sky that landed, and there where no airplanes around, then they heard wierd noises on their parabolic dish (which to me sounded like what alien would sound like)
very creepy indeed

check it out in this video just skip ahead to 5:30

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have grown very tired of the para-trend shows out there. I think the TAPS org has totally lost sight on why they do what they do. Jason and Grant are money grabbing sell outs who will screw over "team mates" in a heart beat. Those that have left the show, rarely have nice things to say about them. The evidence now is a joke.

Ghost Adventures, led by Zack "bilbo" Baggins and sponcered by AXE Body spray, If you want to be a Ghost Hunter, or just smell like one, get AXE Body spray, ECTO-gasim, and you will get all the Sucubis you want.
The show is cheesey, but if you go in with that on your mind, I guess its ok.

Ghost lab. Only watched it twice and never again. I think what did it for me is when they had a place with reported ghost child. There were these 2 big guys yelling at this ghost kid. Saying stuff like," show yourself, or your a coward." I think to myself, if it is a kid, you just scared the crap out of it.

The worst show was Extream Paranormal. These guys were in a prison, and getting good results. At the end of the night, the lead guy goes, "Lets leave these bastards to Rot in Hell." I have never prayed so hard for someone to be possesed. I wish one of the ghosts would have Jack Slapped the crap out of him.

I have been involved in the paranormal for several years now. I have gone from sceptic to belivier. These shows are just that, shows.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

Made myself sit through 2 episodes of Extreme Paranormal before I could confidently say that was the WORST paranormal show I've seen on TV since the British ones. I've never seen a paranormal show with so many "What? Did you hear that?" moments.

It's like 3 meth heads needed a job so they wouldn't violate their parole and came up with this glistening turd. Worst part is A&E bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think it's pretty amusing that the OP's video links featured physicists who were trying to apply corporeal structure examination techniques to phenomena that they have already determined doesn't abide by corporeal structural imperatives.

Maybe what they need to consider is that these whatevertheyares are actually manipulating the elements present within the corporeal structure - free elements that we already know drift about and exchange association within the gaseous swamp we wander through - and configure these elements to manifest in a variety of manners, ranging from sounds, to touch, to mists, to black shadows, to full and partial apparitions, depending on how skillful the specific entity is or is not.

Scientists dismiss whatever they can't replicate until they can replicate it, and then, suddenly it exists. And they declare these new things as now being existent with a straight face, and no embarrassment at all for having dismiss them for years. Humans are amazing creatures.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I use to like Ghost Hunters when they did the basic residential paranormal investigation.Some scared person would called them up because their kid saw/felt something and GH would go and resolved the issue and comfort them if they found evidence of a haunting.To me that type of investigation seem legit, the people who have their home investigated got nothing to gain maybe embarrassment or being mock by their neighbors for calling a ghost hunter.

Now it all hotels, historical sites and other landmarks, It seems to me the the owner/curator that called up the GH crew just want to be on TV for free advertising and bring in tourism for their place.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ghost Hunters I think has lost a lot of credibility lately, especially since they use those flash lights to have ghosts "answer questions". The K2 meter I think they call it is nothing more than a gimmicky flashlight in my opinion. Yes, the creators seem to be sucking money up with Ghost tours and seminars, but hey, why not do it while the money is there. They know they won't be on TV forever.
Other than that, GH is still worth watching, I just wish the show would stop being so robotic. Interview, place cameras, investigate, reveal. Steve is funny, but the rest of the crew is blaise at best. I still trust Ghost Hunters with their evidence. They haven't caught much hardcore evidence, and I think the show got lucky on season 1 with the multiple catches they got (Bridgewater, Penn State).

Destination Truth: This show wins hands down. They go off the deep end to investigate stuff (who would climb through caves in Peru at 2 AM!). You have to give Josh Gates and the crew credit. Sometimes I do feel like they're always chasing wildlife when looking for monsters/demons/Big Bird, but, the drive and the insane things they do to get the investigation done is impressive.

Ghost Lab: Yikes. I mean they try, but it's like they try too hard.

The one with the 3 guys (I forget them name) is alright, but again they come off like they are trying too hard. They claim to be ghost hunters but they freak out over the smallest things. GH adheres to a strict no freak out policy which is more respectable.

The new SyFy Paranormal Fact or Faked is pretty interesting (featuring former castmember of Destination Truth Jael who is smoking hot btw). So far it's been interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
DrJay1975, what did you mean by Rob "lying about sounds" in GHI? I completely agree with you about them claiming every place they go to is haunted, it's been a running joke in my house.

I like Destination Truth the best, although its not really a "Ghost Show". I like the new Paranormal files too. Ghost Adventures would be my favorite of the others because there's no off-camera people during the investigations. I wish Ghost Hunters used this format or at least mount cameras on the investigators so we can actually see their "did you just see that?" moments.

I haven't even seen American Paranormal. I think there is an animal planet ghost show too, I can't keep up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join