It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Blaze At Lincolnshire Oil Refinery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Breaking News 2:15pm UK, Tuesday June 29, 2010 Large Blaze At Lincolnshire Oil Refinery

ne ws.sky.com

More than 50 firefighters have been tackling a large blaze and explosion at an oil refinery in North Lincolnshire.

Humberside Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident in a distillation unit at the Lindsey Oil Refinery at 11.58am.

Police said two people had been treated for minor injuries.

People living in the area reported hearing an explosion and black smoke could be seen as far as Hull.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-6-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just seen this on the sky news web site. One of the comments left was

lincslassiePosted by: lincslassie on June 29, 2010 2:11 PM

i live 10 miles from this refinery, if it goes up the whole of lincolnshire wil go up with it! looks like we have to sit tight and see what happens
Makes me wonder if it could have been sabotage. I will be watching this one with interest.

ne ws.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

news.bbc.co.uk...

About 50 firefighters are at the scene of a fire at an oil refinery in North East Lincolnshire.

Eye-witnesses said there were two explosions and flames were reaching up to 150ft (46m) high at Lindsey Oil Refinery in North Killingholme.

The fire started shortly before noon on Tuesday. Two people have been treated for minor injuries at the site.

The refinery confirmed a fire had started, followed by a small explosion. An emergency plan is in operation.

Oil company Total runs the refinery.
Crude oil

People in the nearby town of Immingham have been advised to stay indoors and close doors and windows.

The fire service said the blaze involved crude oil. Humberside Police said their helicopter had been deployed.

People living in the area reported hearing the incident over a wide area and black smoke could be seen as far as Hull.

Police said the incident was ongoing and firefighters had the blaze under control.

Road closures are currently in place at both ends of Eastfield Road and Church Lane in North Killingholme.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by tarifa37]

[edit on Tue Jun 29 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stay indoors and close your windows. Thanks for the advice. These people drive me crazy with their pointing out the obvious! Strange that this is happening now, I wonder if someone who was P-O-ed with Oil companies set fire to it? Great post.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmmm, the refinery is run by Total.........who just announced it was no longer doing business with Iran, if I'm not mistaken.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Stay indoors and close your windows. Thanks for the advice. These people drive me crazy with their pointing out the obvious! Strange that this is happening now, I wonder if someone who was P-O-ed with Oil companies set fire to it? Great post.

Maybe. The UK has had some sabotage in the area of coal by earth war types.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here's a novel idea : Maybe all of the UK posters who have been bashing the US over the Gulf disaster , can go help fight the fire and clean up the mess .

After all , it is YOUR fault that the refinery caught on fire , simply because you use oil !

You BAD UK people ! This never would have happened if you guys weren't so dependent on that evil OIL !

I hope each and every one of you are ashamed , you bad , bad people !

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius

their are a hell of a lot of stupid people in the world hence the rason they have to state the obvios like close your windows and stay in doors

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We if the steel container around the petrol is 1 inch think then it will all be melted by now and this is based on scientific facts i pick up from the NIST report on 9/11.

I've been exspecting a false flag attack and they will already be pointing the finger at Iran if this is the case but regardless nothing ever seems right when it comes to oil and these corporations.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

your post made me laugh..

------

Back to the topic at hand, I hope this is not going to be blamed on anyone, but is the second blaze in the last couple of months at a UK oil refinery.. The last one if my memory serves me correctly was a blaze at the Exxon Mobile refinery in Fawley in March.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
we should boycott the UK and Total. Total is killing the land.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dear Trolls

We'll need to bring in some extra fire engines from neighbouring counties, and the fire will be under control within hours, days at most.

The gulf incident has been going on for more than 2 months now, and the ocean has been poisoned by millions of gallons of pure crude because of a bunch of international corporations were allowed to take epic risks with the eco-system in an effort to make money.

Drawing parallels between the two isn't big and isn't clever, it's monumentally stupid. I really hope you had your tongues in your cheeks.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I saw this comment on the article page, interesting points

One is Happenstance, Twice is Coincidence, Third Time is Enemy Action. Humber, Buncefield now Lindsey, all in the last 5 years, refinery fires & explosions. Could it be that Staff at these plants have been infiltrated by saboteurs seeking to damage the UK's economy, force public opinion to demand the end to oil refining in the UK or some other sinister purpose? call me Paranoid but these are major threats to both the UKs economy & security & the many that wish harm to the UK have the means, money, patience & manpower to achieve such goals. so take your pick - Marxist Controlled Unions, Friends of the Planet Militants, Al Qaeda or other Terror groups, who knows - all I do know is there'sno smoke without fire!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So Total stopped doing business with Iran and then this happens. Well, I think we should invade Iran right now.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Yes they may as well ring these tank with fence like a prison, turn lose attack dogs in the ring and build guard towers with sharp shooters and be done with it.

How about the coal mine equipment that was messed up here a few years ago? Scottland?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

as it is clearly not being highly intelligent to compare this minor event with the major event happening in the GOM. It can clearly point out the ignorance in blaming just one company and not everything involved in the process of greediocracy. both are clear examples of being Above Top Stupidity. both in blaming just one company and both in blaming on nationality.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oil is the new enemy! we need to invade that murkey area below the mantle and bomb oil back to hell!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is no coincidence. Maybe the forces of darkness that are posing as our governments will use this as an excuse to invade Iran and massacre countless thousands of innocent civilian lives. Hopefully though (most likely) its just an accident. Not that it being an accident will stop them using it to their advantage. Then again I am just paranoid, the government never do anything like this.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
Dear Trolls

We'll need to bring in some extra fire engines from neighbouring counties, and the fire will be under control within hours, days at most.

The gulf incident has been going on for more than 2 months now, and the ocean has been poisoned by millions of gallons of pure crude because of a bunch of international corporations were allowed to take epic risks with the eco-system in an effort to make money.

Drawing parallels between the two isn't big and isn't clever, it's monumentally stupid. I really hope you had your tongues in your cheeks.

What is monumentally stupid is to underestimate what appear to be simple events. How many times have seemingly small events actually triggered much larger events? True it may turn out to be nothing, but with too many coincidences occuring, you'd be a fool to rule it out.

CX

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

i live 10 miles from this refinery, if it goes up the whole of lincolnshire wil go up

Your comment is one i have often heard from people living near these large refineries, and i've always been interested in whether it's true or not.

The nearest one to me is in Hampshire Fawley and i've often heard people say the same thing..."If Fawley goes up the whole area will be gone!".

Now i know nothing about oil refineries, so please know tarif that this is not an argument against your comment, more a question from myself.

How could the whole area go up if there is an accident at one of these places? Are the individual areas not sectioned off enough so they do not go up with one big bang?

Surely they'd not have people living so near somewhere that was such a risk?

CX.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry according to US and British scientist buring 1000 of gallons of oil doesn't cause Nausea , headaches or flu type symptoms. They say you can even swim in the oil without having any health risk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join