It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina-Trained FEMA Planning Forced Evacuations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

CATEGORY 5 ALERT! Katrina-Trained FEMA Planning Forced Evacuations

www.infowars.com

Council on Foreign Relations member, Matt Simmons, was quoted on June 23rd in the Washington Post, “We’re going to have to evacuate the gulf states. Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought.”
And to add to the growing speculation that evacuations were being planned, Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen in a Gulf oil spill press conference on June 25th suggested that evacuation plans were underway. He even discussed some of the logistics: ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6·29·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
We knew that this was a possibility?

Negligent business practices lead to catastrophe which in turn leads to the opportunity to evacuate the masses (more practice for FEMA.)

Practice more dreaded Government incompetence... Evacuation of the Gulf Coast.

(OMG 50 words minimum? You don't want to know what I really think... My mind is beyond XRated.)

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Alright

but why the sensationalized topic title with all caps?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Alright

It's Alex Jesuit Jones, it's always over the top and exaggerated, plus fearmongering

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Alright

Because they always mod the title if it's not verbatim from the source.

I'll change it though.

Alex Jesuit Jones??? LOL you are racist mofo.

I was hoping/expecting better response; Oh well. More restating the obvious.

Least some people will have a better idea what is going forward.

[edit on 6·29·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
why not just
missquote the source?

"We're going to have to evacuate the gulf states," said Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and, since the April 20 blowout, the unflagging source of end-of-the-world predictions. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought."
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It may be fear-mongering but how much truth is in it. How serious are they that these plans really go forward?

I wanna know exactly what he means when he says, " This story is 80 times worse than I thought." "

Here's a tip. if you have a laptop.. create a survival dvd and fill it with everything you need to know just in case the SHTF.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just gotta say....

If Katrina trained FEMA then we got about 2 weeks after the disastor to avoid them.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Ryoko]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Alex Jones is (a):

· Jew-hater
· Jew-lover
· Disinfo Agent
· Scam Artist
· Money Lover
· Idiotic Redneck
· Not a credible news source
· Not in his right state-of-mind
· Troll
· Fear-mongering tool
· Fat and smelly

There, now that I got all the childish insults out of the way, can we please not turn this into another 20-page "I hate Alex Jones" thread? I'm sick of seeing threads completely derailed just because the source is Infowars, and individual's personal vendettas are running wild. I'm not accusing you specifically, but I know a lot of people who would use this opportunity to spiral this thread downward.

I will admit, I'm a bit curious as to why the media is talking about Tropical Depression Alex so much. It started out as a small storm with little possibility of becoming a major hurricane. It's almost as if the media wants it to be major, veer off-course, hit the oil spill, and spread it all over the Gulf states.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by JJBB22

Alex Jones is (a):

· Jew-hater
· Jew-lover
· Disinfo Agent
· Scam Artist
· Money Lover
· Idiotic Redneck
· Troll
· Fear-mongering tool
· Fat and smelly

There, now that I got all the childish insults out of the way, can we please not turn this into another 20-page "I hate Alex Jones" thread? I'm sick of seeing threads completely derailed just because the source is Infowars and personal vendettas running wild. I'm not accusing you specifically, but I know a lot of people who would use this opportunity to spiral this thread downward.

I will admit, I'm a bit curious as to why the media is talking about Tropical Depression Alex so much. It started out as a small storm with little possibility of becoming a major hurricane. It's almost as if the media wants it to be major, veer off-course, hit the oil spill, and spread it all over the Gulf states.

Truth is truth, and no-one is turning this thread into childish insults, I didn't make any childish insults to begin with.

Did I say "I hate Alex Jones"?

I made a statement, if you don't like someone else's opinion, don't read it, in fact, are you not the one who has made a big deal out of my opinion?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It may be fear-mongering but how much truth is in it. How serious are they that these plans really go forward?

Here's a tip. if you have a laptop.. create a survival dvd and fill it with everything you need to know just in case the SHTF.

Indeed. We have a library of close to 4 TB's including metallurgy and large farming for rebuilding society after the collapse

Not on a laptop though. Multi-redundant backups.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What does the Council on Foreign Relations have to do with this oil spill?

Here's a thought.. new thread I just read.

Obama DOCTRINE: Congress Just Declared Preemptive WAR on Iran- www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like we are going to war with Iran.

This thread is about imposed sanctions but as always when they have sanctions of this type, it has always led to war.

Now we just have to figure out how a war in Iran will affect the oil spill and or PB's role in it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
Truth is truth, and no-one is turning this thread into childish insults

Originally posted by JJBB22
It's Alex Jesuit Jones

Yeah, this is the last post I'm making in this thread since I can quickly see where this is going. I just hope that any further negative comments made towards Infowars and Alex Jones are ignored and the thread stays on-topic with the material. Enjoy getting the last word.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Umm. you said the obviously on topic.

"It's Alex Jesuit Jones, it's always over the top and exaggerated, plus fearmongering "

(sarcasm off)

link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by JJBB22

Alex Jones is (a):

· Jew-hater
· Jew-lover
· Disinfo Agent
· Scam Artist
· Money Lover
· Idiotic Redneck
· Troll
· Fear-mongering tool
· Fat and smelly

Hey.. You Cant talk that way about Alex. You have no proof that he is smelly.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If you had just said nothing, the thread would of carried on just fine, and in fact it is , no-one else but you is making this an issue.

Let's stay on topic shall we?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

So I suppose they will be making use their FEMA trains after all. Maybe it wasn't martial law that they were meant for but instead, this whole BP oil spill could be an orchestration of things to come. A massive eleaborate conspiracy!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I believe you to be correct, but you forgot he is also a very loud windbag.
With that out of the way, don't consider the source consider the facts.
It is like watching Faux news then another source, then you have to piece the whole story together using your brain to find the most reasonable Facsimile of the truth.

(Edit) my spelling are at a 3rd grade levul.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Alex Jones or not, if Matt Simmons really said this then there's probably something to it.

Source
Matthew Simmons, founder and chairman emeritus of Simmons & Company International, is a prominent oil-industry insider and one of the world's leading experts on the topic of peak oil. Simmons was motivated by the 1973 energy crisis to create an investment banking firm catering to oil companies. In his previous capacity, he served as energy adviser to U.S. President George W. Bush.

Matthew Simmons believes the Club of Rome predictions are more accurate than usually acknowledged [1]. Simmons is an adviser to the Oil Depletion Analysis Centre. He is a member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations. He believes a careful assessment of Saudi Arabian oil reserves is the most significant issue shaping petroleum politics.

Simmons is the author of the book Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy. His examination of oil reserve decline rates helped raise awareness of the unreliability of Middle East oil reserves as the published reports have never been verified.

I have to agree with SonicInfinity here (majic is that you?
), can we get past the Alex Jones bashing session long enough to find out what the hell Matt Simmons is on about, this guy isn't just any fear mongering nut case, the man is a CFR member and Bush Croney. It's highly possible he's on to something here and he'd be one to know about this sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Alex Jones or not, if Matt Simmons really said this then there's probably something to it.

Source
Matthew Simmons, founder and chairman emeritus of Simmons & Company International, is a prominent oil-industry insider and one of the world's leading experts on the topic of peak oil. Simmons was motivated by the 1973 energy crisis to create an investment banking firm catering to oil companies. In his previous capacity, he served as energy adviser to U.S. President George W. Bush.

Matthew Simmons believes the Club of Rome predictions are more accurate than usually acknowledged [1]. Simmons is an adviser to the Oil Depletion Analysis Centre. He is a member of the National Petroleum Council and the Council on Foreign Relations. He believes a careful assessment of Saudi Arabian oil reserves is the most significant issue shaping petroleum politics.

Simmons is the author of the book Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy. His examination of oil reserve decline rates helped raise awareness of the unreliability of Middle East oil reserves as the published reports have never been verified.

I have to agree with SonicInfinity here (majic is that you?
), can we get past the Alex Jones bashing session long enough to find out what the hell Matt Simmons is on about, this guy isn't just any fear mongering nut case, the man is a CFR member and Bush Croney. It's highly possible he's on to something here and he'd be one to know about this sort of thing.

CFR is what caught my eye and got me to sit up and take notice of the rest of the article.

I don't like Zbignew nor Kissinger nor CFR and all their members. However, I will listen to their rantings because if they want it to happen; it will.

Everyone should listen up to any CFR member.

Those people make things happen, no matter how much you may want to laugh at them, or dis them.

Fact is that they are talking about evacuation. It's no longer a matter of 'IF' but 'WHEN' and how will the chattel be handled during the evacuation.

Where will they evacuate to?

Many Katrina refugees came to the north central US. Brrr cold for them but many had no choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join