It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

162 Cases of Illness Linked To Oil Spill In Louisiana!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

(CNN) -- Exposure to the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico has resulted in 162 cases of illnesses reported to the Louisiana state health department, according to a report released Monday. Of those cases, 128 involved workers on oil rigs or individuals involved in the oil spill cleanup efforts, the report said.

Well here we go boys and girls. Its not like we didnt know this was coming. I hope BP allows their clean up crew to wear some kind of respirator or gas mask now. Imagine when ths oil comes ashore and waves of oil and chemicals spread thru the air! This is really making me think there really could be evacuations, atleast populations close to shoire! This is getting worse and worse everyday...

Source:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i simply cannot understand why they were not wearing protective measures from day one...

oh wait..

yes i can..Obviously these money grubbing lowlife bottemfeeding scum were worried about the Public Relations aspect of having workers wearing masks and yet still trying to maintain that air qualities are safe for the general public..
--------------------

/sarcasm on :

course i could be wrong.. maybe they really didnt know it was dangerous...

~meathead

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

your exactly right on why they werent allowed to wear any proective masks. I hope they change their ways now that this article is out. I highly doubt it though.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
First they make the mess and say,'Hey, our bad. We'll clean this up. Its our responsibility.' But they don't give anyone protective covering?

Anytime I see a video of people cleaning up I'm like,"No! No! You're doing it wrong!" D:

I would think the fumes/scent alone would make it hard enough to work around the stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Im going to do some more digging today, i bet there are a lot more people sick that they arent reporting.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hello Ziggy

Yesterday someone from one of the Gulf States posted on another thread asking for any information about the symptoms that are possibly related to the oil or gasses.

I did a quick search and found this thread, the information you have on here was exactly what she was searching for. Thanks.

off topic for a moment. I see your from Indiana. I have family there, are we related? Cousins? You know Bonnie? Hehe

Yankess are people too
I guess.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If this is happening now, just think of the long-term effects that you will probably see way down the road.
Some of these chemicals will
be around many years to come from now and I suspect you will see lots of birth defects ( human and otherwise).
Not to mention the breathing/liver/brain tissue/ and so on problems that are sure to arise.
I wonder who will be around in 20 years to compensate the later victims?
Regards,
Iwinder

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Iwinder]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

LOL hey maybe you could be my cousin??! Im glad this thread helped you out a bit. This has been up a few days now im suprised this hasnt gotten a lot of replies? I guess people arent that suprised anymore everyone is becoming sick down there!?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There have got to be more than 182 cases of GOS (Gulf Oil Syndrome) and I'm sure there will be more to come. It's terrible to think of the repercussions this will have for years to come...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It was already mentioned above, but i wonder what the long term effects will be? Or what effect it will have on pregnant women and the fetus? This is going to be devestating on soooooo many levels. I agree there have to be more cases. Im in the process now of contacting the CDC to get any more information, i'll make sure everyone is updated as soon as i know.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The reason I am sure that this is really bad is because we here have been through it, on a very micro scale to be sure but the results were just terrible.

Just Google "Sarnia River Blob"

Google " Sarnia Reserve Birth Defects"

The blob was Benzene, Ring any bell's there?

This crap does not and I repeat does not go away on its own little cruise to no-where.

Do not play games with Benzene and whatever else is popping out of that s**t hole.

Here in this Oil town there would have been warnings to stay indoors at the first few minutes.

We are praying for you guys, please don't ignore you're survival instincts and get stupid.

If you sense something wrong get the hell out of Dodge.

Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Hello Ziggy

Yesterday someone from one of the Gulf States posted on another thread asking for any information about the symptoms that are possibly related to the oil or gasses.

I did a quick search and found this thread, the information you have on here was exactly what she was searching for. Thanks.

off topic for a moment. I see your from Indiana. I have family there, are we related? Cousins? You know Bonnie? Hehe

Yankess are people too
I guess.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

That was me. I've been experiencing severe dizziness and headaches and my husband has had his own set of problems. But he's doing better and i'm doing worse. We think in my case it may be vertigo and unrelated to the gulf spill. However, i still want to be prepared and i am ordering some protective gear and already looking into the idea of moving out of state. What makes it tough is that i own a business here, and i have to try and relocate it. We are watching things close. In local news today, we found out the hurricane is pushing the oil further down our coastline and closer to where i live. Just more bad news. Tough times ahead. We are getting more oil spreading up our coasts, the fed wants to shut down our oil industry and our seafood industry is dying. There's not much left of us after all that.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Thanks for the update. If you know of others becoming ill possibly from the oil or gasses, I hope you keep us updated.

I wish you and your family the best. Be safe.

new topics

top topics

join