It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut Marines Fight for 'Don't Tread on Me' Flag Display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Connecticut Marines Fight for 'Don't Tread on Me' Flag Display

www.foxnews.com

A group of retired Marines is asking Connecticut's attorney general to allow the "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden flag to fly over the state Capitol on July 4 after Capitol Police refused the request saying it doesn’t fall within the state’s flag flying parameters.

The group says the yellow banner, which sports a coiled rattlesnake and its trademark motto, is the original flag of the U.S. Marine Corps and clearly fits into the section of the policy which states that the Connecticut State Capitol
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/911c84e98a15.png[/atsimg]

Jeez, what's the big deal? Are they really so caught up in subduing the American people that they are afraid of a flag flying over the state capital for a day? I don't see what the big deal is, other than a liberal state trying to deny a symbol of America, only because the Tea Party happened to adopt the same flag.

Connecticut calls itself the "Constitution State", yet fails to recognize the significance of the Gadsden flag to the founding of our country which ultimately lead to the adoption of the very Constitution mentioned in the state motto.

This is clearly a political move by the State of Connecticut to object to liberty focused activism, even at the expense of recognizing a significant American tradition. They should be shamed of themselves. Let the flag fly already!

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Connecticut calls itself the "Constitution State", yet fails to recognize the significance of the Gadsden flag to the founding of our country which ultimately lead to the adoption of the very Constitution mentioned in the state motto.
--------------

I live in connecticut atm moving up to vermont permenantly this fall.(Fall cant come soon enough for me )

i cannot agree more with your sentiments and as proud as i am of these marines i am utterly disgusted by connecticuts stance on this.

and i also agree with you on my states motives..
you really are one insightful fellow spoon,

Respectfully,

~Meathead

ETA- i know you dont do this for the flags or stars ...but you get mine anyway..

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

new topics

join