It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I see? Really wierd Fox News glitch. Strange flash between commercials. Did someone mess up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ok, found this after looking thru far too many gaming mags!

tinypic.com...

anything like what you saw?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alpha chino

Could this be part of the protection taken along to the Gulf Coast when

FOX Film Crews or reporters go into oil and toxic fume areas that can burn

their eyes? It would also be important to determine if a gas mask is

part of the hood.

I live in Florida and already have gas masks for my family. Folks this is

way more serious then we are being told about the Gulf. This is only

my opinion what you might have seen on the tube. ^Y^

[edit on 29-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have a plausible theory. Being as the oil spill is dominating the news, perhaps they were preparing a clip of an oil spill cleanup worker in a chemical suit, lord knows they've been all over tv. Could have been a picture of someone changing into their suit or something like that.

Thats my theory anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
you could reinvestigate your assumptions about the genetic traits of schizophrenia. though other "mental illnesses" may or may not have a genetic component (as could schizophrenia), studies indicate a particularly unlikely chance that the twin of a schizophrenic will also be schizophrenic. contemporary research suggests a genetic component that is potentially widely influenced by the effects of environmental factors and ... get this, infectious disease (thought to relevant via the mother, more so than the eventual victim)!

anyhow, a genetic absence of schizophrenia within a family, by no means, indicates an inability for the condition to manifest in an individual ... though, of course, almost all schizophrenics have shown the signs of the disorder by their mid-20s.

though factual to the best of my current ability, this post is a tad bit tongue in cheek as it is a little bit off-topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

nightmare fuel.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have seen stuff like that a number of times. The first thing that came to my mind was, the subliminal suggestion inserts, and I would always wonder if that is allowed, because I heard long ago, that such was not legal for advertisers to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

tinypic.com...

I would have to say, that is the closest to what I saw, out of anything I have seen in my searches. So yeah basically a bag with goggles. And it was a black bag with black goggles. A bit of a different shape than that, but the general idea is the same.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha chino

tinypic.com...

I would have to say, that is the closest to what I saw, out of anything I have seen in my searches. So yeah basically a bag with goggles. And it was a black bag with black goggles. A bit of a different shape than that, but the general idea is the same.

Glad to have got close to what you saw. That image was in the July 2008 issue of PC Powerplay mag here in Oz. Silly really, especially since the image takes up just a tiny space in a banner.

That's two years that the image has sat in my mind and only resurfaced in my consciousness when I read your post. Scary what else we could pick up from the media and store away in our unconsciousness, waiting for the right conditions before reappearing.

I think it's got something to do with the composition of the picture and the way the subject matter is presented, although I've always found gas masks not scary, but repulsive.

Do you remember if the general framing of the shot was the same? Or did you see an image that was zoomed out or closer then that one?

Anyhow, surely somebody on ATS from your neck of the woods was recording Fox when it happened? I'm not sure if the Net edition of Fox would have the same anomaly.

Although with the Gulf scare underway, it sure is interesting timing.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha chino

tinypic.com...

Glad to have got close to what you saw. That image was in the July 2008 issue of PC Powerplay mag here in Oz. Silly really, especially since the image takes up just a tiny space in a banner.

That's two years that the image has sat in my mind and only resurfaced in my consciousness when I read your post. Scary what else we could pick up from the media and store away in our unconsciousness, waiting for the right conditions before reappearing.

I think it's got something to do with the composition of the picture and the way the subject matter is presented, although I've always found gas masks not scary, but repulsive.

Do you remember if the general framing of the shot was the same? Or did you see an image that was zoomed out or closer then that one?

Anyhow, surely somebody on ATS from your neck of the woods was recording Fox when it happened? I'm not sure if the Net edition of Fox would have the same anomaly.

Although with the Gulf scare underway, it sure is interesting timing.

I would have to say, imagine a slightly different version of the mask picture you posted. Only real life, not a drawing. I think It may have been on a person, but no part of the person was visible, just that mask, a whitish background, flashing on the screen.

I am hoping someone Tivo'd the show. I doubt the online edition would have it. Man I really wish now that I had Tivo, I could have just rewound and caught a screen shot. Trying to remember and explain it to others on the net is so difficult. I'm thinking about drawing it. I'm not an artist, but I have some very minor skill at drawing...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zona

Subliminal messages are sinister enough, IMHO.

I wouldnt be surprised if it were an image of someone in Level A gear. Get everyone nice and unconsciously prepped (pre-terrified) for some "chemical attack" somewhere in the US.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sounds freaky.

Just realised that I shouldn't have been calling it a gasmask, if there was no respirator visible it must have been some type of 'clean suit' - like the types used dealing with dangerous medical or chemical agents. Problem is, most of those are bright colours like yellow and orange. Never heard of a dark coloured clean suit (grey, yes. But not a dark grey). And all of them have see-thru visors, so you should have been able to see the person inside.

The only thing I could suggest is looking thru recent Fox new stories or shows and seeing if you can find the matching image. Although it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm not sure I'd want to devote such a large amount of time looking for it. Have you sent Fox an email asking directly what it was?

Anyway, good luck

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This video shows some great subliminal msgs,

Link,,www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

I worked for many years on Johnston Atoll where the worlds first chemical weapons incinerator was built. So..............I have seen a lot of Level A and other gear. There are indeed dark rubber suits, not actually a dark gray, but a deep olive, and that could easily look gray under the right lighting.

Here, I couldnt find a whole suit, but here is someone wearing the hood,

Actually scratch the impregs, it looks to me like maybe tyvec and not sure why she has the hood on, maybe just playing around.

Here is an image of just a mask, military style (older too, now)

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Sorry, slightly off topic post.

Whoops! My mistake. I've only been around low-level clean suits (such as the types we use to mix chemicals here on the farm). Being a gear head, I had to buy the best suit I could rather then the standard spray suits that we were given (yes, I look like a spaceman compared to my fellow workers, but half of them don't even wear respirators when mixing!)

Illusionsaregrander, it sounds like you've had an interesting life, and would like to hear more about your experences around Johnston Atoll. The South Pacific is my home and always interested in hearing more about any history of the Pacific (even if it is in the North). Will be posting a new thread today about my plans next year around that area.

This is why I love the threads that have people exchanging information in a civilised way, and this is my I joined ATS.

To stay on topic:

If you see or notice a 'subliminal' msg, then what you saw wasn't subliminal. They are the ones you don't consciously process, rather you absorb the info directly into the unconscious parts of the brain. Read a bit about the subject (pre net days, from real books) and have always been interested in the subject.

Shane

<< 1   >>

join