It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive oil slick headed toward Grand Isle, Louisiana (Video) *New*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I 'm not sure if this has been posted yet but there is a massive oil slick 32 miles long and several miles wide heading to Grand Isle La. Expectations are that it will hit sometime late Monday evening local time.

Additionally, the video indicates that The Grand Isles area is expecting heavy rains which could complicate matters for clean-up crews.

We'll see soon enough if that rain will contain anything toxic and if people begin to get sicker than they already are becoming.

This video is from Fox News:

Any thoughts on this?

Was this slick caused by the increase in oil coming from the well head because the Rov's hit the BOP the other day?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by realmatrix]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
Was this slick caused by the increase in oil coming from the well head because the Rov's hit the BOP the other day?

I'll go out on a limb and say it's coming from the oil that's been spewing out for the past two months, not from a disturbance to the flow a few days ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

Originally posted by realmatrix

I'll go out on a limb and say it's coming from the oil that's been spewing out for the past two months, not from a disturbance to the flow a few days ago.

Duly noted Alaskan. But this latest slick is massive AND sudden which would lead me to think that it did have a lot to do with the recent incident with the BOP on the well head. Seems like even the dispersant could not work on the amount spewing out during that time period.

Just my thoughts

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The reporter said there were ships, booms, etc. But he never interviewed or quoted any official on how the oil was going to be prevented from hitting the coast. Instead they presented the size of 32 miles and said this 'could' hit the shore in 24-48 hours.

Seems like they are just trying to cause hysteria...or maybe I missed something.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
*EDIT
tried to embed te video - I think this oil slick is the first wave to hit the shore, its not just from the latest failure with the cap. It going to get a lot worse in my opinion.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

new topics

top topics

join