It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Depression TWO, media blackout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Look at these vapor pics of the Gulf:

Circled in Red is what I believe to be Tropical Depression TWO. Am I seeing things or is there a media blackout on this weather development due to its likely track through FLORIDA?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/851cd233e810.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30fdef983d92.png[/atsimg]

These images were found at this link:

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, let's just hope your prediction on this second tropical depression has the same accuracy as your thread about Blackjack. If that's the case, we have no worries.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hi Gold_Bug,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. No, you're not just seeing things, I see the depression as well.

There could be a media blackout. Especially if it's weather warfare.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Toni

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's not particularly a media blackout, imo. The area you circled was briefly identified as "Invest 94L", and model tracking -- though not initialized -- generally agreed upon it being a "fish storm", which is a TC that goes out to sea, rather than impacting land.

Media doesn't generally cover invests. They did prior to the formation of TS Alex (Invest 93L), as it had potential to impact the Gulf oil area. The weather sites I frequent all carried information on 94L, until the winds and convection decreased to the point where it didn't look as though it would acquire a closed LLC (lower level circulation).

You can review the short runs of the main models HERE and put them into motion yourself, slow them down, etc.

NHC/NOAA now puts this former invest as a very low probability for TC formation.

ETA: The OP satellite link is of the N. Atlantic Water Vapor Sat. (link goes to the loop, rather than a still) which can look a lot worse than is actually indicated by the winds analysis.

This area could return to being an invest area, in my unprofessional, non-wx weather-geek opinion.

[edit on 28/6/10 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Well, let's just hope your prediction on this second tropical depression has the same accuracy as your thread about Blackjack. If that's the case, we have no worries.

I told everyone that I would not run and hide on the 24th when the TERROR DATE failed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Hi argentus,

Thank you very much for the links! I have bookmarked them. I played around a little with the different graphs and I like it. Well that's interesting about the "fishstorm" angle. You learn somethin' new everyday I swear. Let's hope that's all it turns out to be. It's best if the storm stays out on the water. Obviously.

Toni

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
We get lots of media blackouts but i don't think this is one of them

Why does my avatar not appear when it's not too big, i've uploaded to my media and set it to be my avatar or does it need approval or just takes time.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Well that's interesting about the "fishstorm" angle. You learn somethin' new everyday I swear. Let's hope that's all it turns out to be. It's best if the storm stays out on the water. Obviously.

I should have said that "fish storm" isn't an officially recognized term, but one used among some weather watchers. Good term though. Many of the eastern Atlantic storms recurve as they get closer to the Caribbean and U.S. and end up out-to-sea. It's easy sometimes to forget about the small island nations (Bermuda, Bahamas, etc.) so I need to be careful to not use those terms when they are threatened.

The water vapor loop is a useful tool for weather forecasters, however often there are huge swirls that are apparent even over land. The IR satellites are useful for seeing the convection as well as other features.

I think the OP did right to point this out to us, only that we can't really call it a "depression" without supporting winds and vorticity.

cheers!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Antoniastar

Well that's interesting about the "fishstorm" angle. You learn somethin' new everyday I swear. Let's hope that's all it turns out to be. It's best if the storm stays out on the water. Obviously.

I should have said that "fish storm" isn't an officially recognized term, but one used among some weather watchers. Good term though. Many of the eastern Atlantic storms recurve as they get closer to the Caribbean and U.S. and end up out-to-sea. It's easy sometimes to forget about the small island nations (Bermuda, Bahamas, etc.) so I need to be careful to not use those terms when they are threatened.

The water vapor loop is a useful tool for weather forecasters, however often there are huge swirls that are apparent even over land. The IR satellites are useful for seeing the convection as well as other features.

I think the OP did right to point this out to us, only that we can't really call it a "depression" without supporting winds and vorticity.

cheers!

Thank you for letting me know... I'll use the term "fish storm" when the "small island nations" are not being threatened. Good to know. I'm an everyday storm watcher, you know the kind that looks out the window and says "I think it's gonna rain."

That sure is helpful to know that lots of Atlantic storms "curve" back away from land. Very good.

Oky-dok I see what you mean about calling the storm a "depression" "without supporting winds and vorticity" (wow luv that word).

I'll just call it a storm then. lol

Toni

top topics

join