It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of the sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie K.

It is normal to fear the sky - it is huge - and it doesn't mean alien abduction.

The sky is huge and we are small.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I guess, if you want to really pinch or punch your perspective, turn your head sideways while you're driving and pretend you're driving on a wall.

Guaranteed laxative effect.

I mean, I don't even know how other people perceive the world. I've got, like, Doc Manhattan's existential perspective of the cosmos — Yeah, here we are... for eternity.... pretty boring stuff, actually... somebody pass the popcorn.... (yawn)

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Aw, that reminded me of "The Graduate", although you both were the ones getting married. Having the same dream like that at least made you see that you were on the same page with the wedding nit going thru. Have you heard of how she faired in life after you parted ways?

I wonder if she has more phobias now? It seems that some people with a predisposition to them collect more as they go on in life. Or, she could have become an astronomer, who knows. Lol

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have met people who were afraid of the sky and also of depth - incorrectly referred to as "fear of heights" - notably of dark water. I should think the connection between the two is obvious.

It has nothing to do with actual threats, or even with feelings of "smallness". Like agoraphobia, it stems from separation anxiety. And reasoning is powerless against it (although proper cognitive therapy can be effective long-term).

Fear of Fear??

Yes, fear of fear is a very real fear.
I happen to know this fear personally. It runs in the family.
It is perhaps the worst kind of fear.
It is not debilitating, like many other fears, but the damage it can inflict is much deeper.

edit on 17-11-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join