It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Agents Mexican Mafia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi I tried researching this topic and have had little luck... maybe someone can help!

From what I have read the mexican mafia (MM) seems to be pretty on top of the game right now, especially in the west (northamerica,southamerica).

All of the stuff going down in AZ and CA, all the drugs, prison takeovers ect.

The MM is pretty well organized, intelligent men running it ect.

It reminds me of the Sicilian Mafia in certain ways.

Remember how the Mafia was in power from the 20s-80s and i somewhat now. They had their peak in the 50s.

The mafia was infiltrated by many undercover agents who would stay undercover for many years and move up in the ranks. This led to the imprisonment of many members.

My question is: does anyone think this is happening with MM right now??

Will they continue to rise in power or will they fall?

I don't understand why people join organized crime, why not just do it themselves. I wouldn't take orders from others with out question.

Thoughts???

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it depends on what you consider the Mexican Mafia to be. Technically, they are a prison gang, with tentacles that reach out to the street gangs. The cartels are not ruled by a single family, as in the traditional mafia that we are familiar with. It would seem that you are confusing the Mexican Mafia prison gang with being a mafia that controls all of the Mexican crap going on.

Moving along, there are many people who believe that our own CIA is charge of the drug trade and their is a fairly large amount of very convincing evidence to support such a theory. If this is true, which I personally believe it to be, then any arrests made or break ups of the cartels, are only as a stunt to make it appear as if they are doing something, that or the government is ridding themselves of competition.

You see, in order for the CIA to run drugs, they need the cartels because the drugs can be blamed on the cartels. For this reason, I don't think the cartels are going down any time soon.

--airspoon

new topics

join