It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil washes onto Mississippi coast for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This article, Oil washes onto Mississippi coast for first time in the Toronto Sun paints two bleak issues....

1.  The oil now showing up in MS
2.  Having no resources to do anything about it because BP already has them...

“We cannot clean up or catch the oil until BP gets here. They have all of our people,” said Earl Etheridge, a spokesman for Mississippi’s Department of Environmental Quality. “We want to clean this up now. Maybe this will amp up BP’s effort but we can’t do anything because they have all the money.”

However, this AP article states that there are cleanup crews in effect...

MISSISSIPPI
Jackson County's emergency management director says oil has been spotted in at least two areas on Mississippi's shoreline, which had so far been mostly spared any major effects from the spill. Donald Langham said tar balls and a patch of oil were spotted at the St. Andrews beach and at the Lake Mars pier in Gulf Park Estates. Cleanup teams were on the scene and two skimming vessels were working the channel between Deer Island and the shore.

I'll post some pics if I find them...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Man this thing moves like a giant death blob, killing everything in it's wake, and we still have a minimum of 2 months before stopping it. Even then, the oil already out will continue to wreak havoc. My heart goes out to all of those affected.

Mississippi Waters Closed After Oil Is Found In The Sound

I thought this was a nice layout and it includes Mississippi:
The Age Of Oil Is Over

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have been lax on this whole thing...

We haven't even started to see the impact this will have on people physically.

The benzene will find its way into the water table, into the lungs, bloodstream, kidneys, livers and central nervous systems -

Cancer will be as common as a headache

The oil god squad should come along soon... "Envirotards
don't you know there is oil in your salad dressing
?

Why yes!

and your brain must eat plenty of salad sir.

I think those of you who live down there should move away, I think many have a disconnect in regards to what you will develop with such exposure. Your body is an amazing machine, but it is not able to deal with such a prolonged onslaught.

join