It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rule Of Three

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ATTENTION: HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED OR HEARD OF THE RULE OF THREE OR THREE-FOLD? COMMENTS PLEASE!

[edit on 17-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
someone's been watching the second american pie movie... but yeah, the saying in my family is that deaths come in threes. they usually do too, which is kind of creepy.

oh, and by the way, the large "attention" is rather obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Only thing I can think of even remotely appropriate to your question is the quote "a three cord strand cannot be broken." Meaning that if something you do is done in "three part" then it should go through. Hope that helps, but it's the best I can do. Might be totally off base there, though.

regs out...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You may be referring to the wiccan phrase.

Ever mind the Rule of Three
Three times what thou givest returns to thee
This lesson well, thou must learn
Thee only gets what thou dost earn!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes I've heard many different versions of 'The Rule of Three'. Which one are you talking about? You seem to be very excited about it whatever it is. Or was that Giant Attention followed by ALL CAPS just your own style?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think it is referring to Karma... wat eva u give out ... u get back times 3... so if u did something good... then something 3 times as good will happen to you... but if u did something bad or negetive... then something 3 times as bad or negetive will happen to you...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Eh... if thou only gets what thou dost earn, then why dost thou get three times what thou givest? That is, according to that phrase, you get only what you give. You also get three times what you give.

On topic: No, sorry Star, I have never heard of the RULE OF THREE.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Did you know that 3 is the only integer which is bigger than 2 and smaller than 4?!?!

amazing!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jake_

Originally posted by kinglizard

Eh... if thou only gets what thou dost earn, then why dost thou get three times what thou givest? That is, according to that phrase, you get only what you give. You also get three times what you give.

Jake - what is refered to in getting what you give or earn is "good or evil". If you give good you get good, if you give evil you get evil. It isn't refering to quantity but rather quality. It is a key wiccan belief and is especially important to remember in practicing magic. If you cast a negative spell you will earn negativity in return.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameo131i
I think it is referring to Karma... wat eva u give out ... u get back times 3... so if u did something good... then something 3 times as good will happen to you... but if u did something bad or negetive... then something 3 times as bad or negetive will happen to you...

Im not sure thats how karma works...

www.buddhism.com

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As far as I've learned, Karma works in TEN fold. Not 3.

But if you really want to know about 3's...

Art: The "RUle of THirds" is used to divide up a canvas and make the most appealing composition, its just a big grid composed of 9 squares in which you never put a figure inside a square, but preferably on the corners of the squares. Also- triangles are used in art because they are the most balanced and harmonious shape

Math: 3 is a prime number and also important in the Golden Proportion..or ratio...shoot I was asleep in geometry

Fairy Tales: In most Fairy Tales, everything comes in groups of 3 or 7. (3 litle pigs, 3 fairies, 3 bears, yeah yeah yeah)

Religion: It's everywhere, holy trinity, etc.

But I've heard that rhyme before....however....it's not talking about hindu karma here, its wiccan. but it is the basic theory of karma nonetheless.

But according to the rhyme, you get what you give times 3, why? Because it will work either as punishment or reward. If you got back exactly what you gave, there would be no point in doing anything because nothing would have changed.

[edit on 6-14-04 by Scat]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The rule of three is The wiccan rede (excuse the spelling) and the sorceres code it applys to all people who practise Magick The rule of three is another way of saying what gos around comes around and treat others as you would yourself its a philosophy meant to encourange friendship and understanding and discourage hate and viloence! Hope this helps!

(again sorry bout the awfull spelling)

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes, one woman, one man and one Adema. He could speak the truth hearing only lies. She spoke lies only hearing the truth and Adema had them look at eachother, in eachother's image.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah the Wicca thing is correct. It deters you from trying to royally screw someone with a bad curse. The fact you can get something back 3 xs worse is frightening.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've heard of it, but I haven't experienced it. Frankly, I find three a very annoying number- it's everywhere! Look into most religions- it's there and as aforementioned it's also in fairy tales and basically everything else. Seven is pretty annoying too... and twenty seven...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Egyptian Trinity: Osiris, Isis, and Horus.
The Christian Trinity: God, Jesus, and Mary.
whats common in them: "The Best" God, His woman, and his son.
Christianity is a copy of the Egyptian trinity in many ways...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acceptance
The Egyptian Trinity: Osiris, Isis, and Horus.
The Christian Trinity: God, Jesus, and Mary.
whats common in them: "The Best" God, His woman, and his son.
Christianity is a copy of the Egyptian trinity in many ways...

You can also add:
Hindu Trinity: Brahma (Creator), Shiva (Destroyer) & Vishnu (Preserver)

Then aside from Religious 3's there are many other Universal 3's:
Black, White, & Grey
Red, Green & Blue (Primary Colors. Sometimes Yellow instead of Green)
Positive, Negative, & Neutral
X, Y, & Z (3D Axis)
Birth, Life, & Death
Land, Sea, & Air

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I've heard a "3" saying my whole life.

"Third time's the charm."

I guess meaning is that you should make three attempts and sucess will come on the 3rd try.

It's happened many times to me man that the soultion to a problem came on the 3rd attempt.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm assuming it's the Wiccan rule above... Well, you asked if we heard of it...we did, so now what do you want to know???

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The rule of three is an interpretation of the universal understanding that your own actions will breed their own consequences; you can decide your own future.

top topics

join