It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On this 4th of July...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
To my fellow ATS'ers, from America and the World,

For your intellectual and reading pleasure, I present the Declaration of Independence in it's original text.

www.earlyamerica.com...

As another 4th of July approaches, let us all try to remember the sacrifice and courage of our Founding Fathers. The struggle they faced, together, should give us solace and hope in trying times such as those we face today.

It has been 234 years since the American Colonies broke away from their British allegiance and became the country we know today. Since that time, the United States has known its share of highs and lows, triumphs and defeats, feast and famine.

Times like these we now face are difficult. The past 10 years have challenged America like no other time before, and we are all trying to cope with our current struggles the best way we can.

And although things seem to be careening out of control, let's not forget that our ancestors also dealt with matters that, at their time, seemed insurmountable...

The Civil War.
World Wars I and II.
The Great Despression
Vietnam... and up to our current crisis in the Middle East, Gulf of Mexico, and economic hardships.

We should always question and maintain vigilance and not fool ourselves into believing everything is "ok", but let us not get so downtrodden as to think all hope is lost.

As long as men desire freedom and are willing to sacrifice for it, we have a chance.

With that in mind, I wish you all a happy and joyous 4th of July weekend and I ask that you keep our country in your prayers or thoughts, whatever the case may be.

GBD

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I feel the U.S. is finally nearing its expiration date, for all the destruction they did to other people and their cultures. Years of genocide have to catch up sometime. I could care less what happens now.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
actually... this is our finest moment....George wash got a message from an angel that this republic under God would never fail.... how cool. there exists a copy of this "vision" in the smithsonian

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's easy to criticize something from the outside, and I understand the hatred some of you may feel toward my country.

What you need to understand is this... we are NOT perfect. We are human, just like each of you. We try to do the best that we can, and blaming an entire nation of people for injustices is simply blind hatred for the sake of personal satisfaction.

Every nation on Earth has a checked past. It's up to us to do what we can to make the future better.

And if you think that better future is one without the United States of America, than I respect your opinion and right to believe that, but I will respectfully disagree.

GBD

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Star and Flag!
Those of us who believe that the Providence of God was the Guiding Hand that shaped this country should be on our knees giving thanks to the God who intended for this country to be "The Shining City on The Hill."

God Bless America

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When the Government fears the people, there is Liberty. When the people fear the Government there is Tyranny

I am not American , I live in the UK, but most of my family are Americans and live there, and I love the country and it's people as much as they do.

I will be remembering the 4th of July with them!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by okimas
I feel the U.S. is finally nearing its expiration date, for all the destruction they did to other people and their cultures. Years of genocide have to catch up sometime. I could care less what happens now.

Uh, okay. I don't remember seeing an expiration date on the Constitution, though. Maybe I didn't read it close enough.

Woe is us. Woe is us. We have so many years of genocide to make up for. Ya know, like saving Europe's butt in 2 wars during the 20th century. Or giving the world a higher standard of living for those that want it. For offering the world a place of liberty instead of tyranny. Here in the US we have every conceivable race and culture, and they didn't come here because they had to, but because they wanted to. Yeah, we're so baaad...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
God Bless America, and let God be with all of us while we are in this transitional period of time. I believe this next decade will certainly be intresting and will differently be for the history books.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

Woe is us. Woe is us. We have so many years of genocide to make up for. Ya know, like saving Europe's butt in 2 wars during the 20th century.

I wasn't aware that being in a war for one year after 4 years of fighting counts as saving their butts.

I wasn't aware that hitler being dumb and pissing off that big ass brown bear to the east of him was the us saving their butts.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I love my country and America will always be my true home nomatter where I may settle, but we the people are no longer free. The banksters and political madmen have not only tore up that document, but pissed on it and burned it aswell.

Makes me sick honestly.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Take a few minutes to remember the native americans and how they were slaughtered and forced onto reservations. Where even today they live in conditions as bad as 3rd world countries.. Have higher rates of drug abuse, alcoholism, suicide.. Just so you could steal their land and resources destroying them and their way of life forever.. And now you do the same around the world.. Thats some legacy to be proud of...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wish you guys a Happy hollyday from my humble home.Despite the world we live in, we will rise from minor setbacks...we always do.

i dont have much to offer so i give yoo this link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If you are not Native American as I am,

keep your thoughts to yourself.

new topics

top topics

join