It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO reports death in Afghan war in record m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

NATO reports death in Afghan war in record m

www.google.com

KABUL — NATO on Sunday reported another foreign soldier killed fighting in the Afghan war as the death toll for what is already a record month climbed higher.
The death following a Taliban-style attack using a crude bomb known as an improvised explosive device (IED) happened Saturday in southern Afghanistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This was two hours ago:

A British soldier also died from his wounds:

LONDON — A British soldier died on Saturday, two weeks after being wounded by an explosion in southern Afghanistan, Britain's Ministry of Defence said.
"It is with sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a soldier from 4th Regiment Royal Artillery, part of Combined Force Nahr-e Saraj North," a statement said.

www.google.com...

and Last but not Least:

When I visited Kabul this spring, a diplomat from a country that has sent thousands of troops to our war there asked a simple question that was actually an indictment. "Tell me," he said, "who's in charge of U.S. policy on Afghanistan?"

www.latimes.com...

If I may answer that question, I would say it is too late, it doesn't matter who's in charge of the Afghan war, the problem is the occupation, not the policy.

It seems America still hasn't realized that they had that chance to rule Afghanistan, at that time of very small resistance.

America allowed so much wrong to occur in Afghanistan after almost a decade of occupation that people were force to resist.

America needs to get out, and get out now.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

June has become the deadliest month of the war for NATO troops with at least 91 killed, 54 of them American. For U.S. troops, the deadliest month was October 2009, with a toll of 59 dead.

Saturday's airstrike in Kunduz province was called in on a group of insurgents who were meeting in a field in an unpopulated part of Chahar Darah district, NATO said in a statement. The area, called Baghi Shirkat, is about 20 miles (30 kilometers) west of Kunduz city.

Afghan officials said a Taliban commander who helped smuggle weapons was among the dead, NATO said.

Eight militants were killed in all, said Abdul Rahman Aqtash, the deputy provincial police chief. No civilians were injured, NATO said.

www.google.com...

join