It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent the chicken little threads in this BP sub-section closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why arent the chicken little threads closed?

I keep seeing thread after thread in this subsection with ALL CAPS and bold statements of total COLLAPSE and FAILURE that keep turning out to be baseless.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is against the ATS rules? Is there no moderation? Do i have to weed through the 90% total, baseless nonsense to find the wonderfully informative, referenced, cited sources on here? If someone starts a thread saying "The WORLD HAS ENDED" and three days later we're still here, should the thread be re-titled or removed? If i could ignore more than ten members, this might be easier.

I come to ATS for good info, not wild-eyed speculation from children.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Edited to add:

This topic got moved to the 'rants' section unfairly, IMO. It is not about this entire Forum. It is about this particular sub-section. THX.

I guess if I start some baseless thread in ALL CAPPS pronouncing the gulf has exploded, it will remain.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
the only thing i can think of is you should put this under "board business".

for the record i agree with your overall sentiments.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Because this event is still happening and the fact that its the biggest disaster like this so far, so really no one knows what effects it will have..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Yes, but when someone starts a thread titled "Well head collapsing" and its still up three days later, along with the well head, wouldnt it be removed?

Or should i just accept that like the MSM, ATS is 98% nonsense, and i just got lucky finding some good info the first few times i came here?\\

bummer. i thought this was a better site.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

This is a Great site in my opinion...

the majority of the community is well informed and mature.

there has been a large influx over the last month since i joined, Alot of those people who just joined did so because they are very upset and emotional with what is going on in the gulf i would imagine. when you get an influx of people like that who may not nesc. have taken the time to visit the site for a few months before joining and aquaint themselves with the decorum. things like this are bound to happen and they will weed themselves out..i hope..

but please dont bash ATS or the mods they tread a fine line and its not an easy job filtering out the BS from the Truth..

that said the sensationalism has gotten out of hand in my opinion

thats why i said in my reply to your original post i would have approached it a little differant

~meathead

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Yes, I am just being my usual tactless self. I like ATS a lot. Have lurked here on and off for years.

Finally joined up when i started finding great info on the Gulf issue.

Just wanted to put my two cents in on all the ZOMG! threads...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Agreed, I was wondering about that same thing myself.

You could plug the BOP with all the bs we've been getting lately.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Amen. I have twinges of a heart attack when i see that one pop up. ATS should LET ME LIVE! I think I'll start a thread about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

You could plug the BOP with all the bs we've been getting lately.

Thats one of the greatest comments I've seen.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're not the first to complain, and you certainly won't be the last. I was told to use the Alert feature every time I see something I believe is against ATS rules, and believe me, I've been using it on this forum more than anywhere else (with really good results, interestingly). If you have a problem with a thread or post, you should use the Alert button, and check back in a day or two.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Or you could take responsibility for what YOU CHOOSE to read and stop expecting everyone else to only write posts you like and quit whining.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
One thread on this is enough

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join