It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you mentally ill?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
As a result of a recent thread which centred around mental illness, I wanted to reach out to ATS members to garner opinion on the issue of mental illness affecting the outcome of our lives.

Across the world, being mentally ill can stigmatize you for the rest of your life. As global citizens, do we accept mental illness as part of everyday life or consider it a handicap to succeeding?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It can be a handicap in the sense that sometimes you have to deal with your mental illness, but in the US there is little leeway for it.
Sometimes dealing with it can be so overwhelming that you can't work. For instance the depressive phase of bipolar disorder.

But there is little to protect you and keep yoru job so that you can deal with your condition. If you have a jerk employer, your essentially out of a job.

This includes grief as well. Four months after I got married I lost my beloved bil. There is nothing worse then for a parent to lose a child. The grief my MIL suffers and the moment she came home from the hospital I will never forget.

She lost her job after 2 months because she wasn't ready to come back to work. You don't bounce back from stuff like that. There is little protection for the mentally ill and the grieving, which I consider temporary mental illness.

How anyone expects parents to function after losing a child is beyond me. My husband was forced back after only 2 weeks.
My husband and his family suffer from bpd. So I know quite a bit about it.

if anyone ever wants help or to talk about it, feel free to u2u me.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I have a number of life experiences, both with depression and around people who suffer from mental illness. In the UK you dare not whisper to a potential employer that you suffer from depression for fear that you will be taken of the candidate list.

My experiences have made me question perceived conditions of normality and really wonder if anyone can say they are truly normal.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Are you not mentally ill?

Second line.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The mental illness that plagues the world today is caused by the U.S. corporation.

Those illnesses have cures, but are buried and hard to find.

Much like we can destroy our brains with alcohol, we can regenerate cells.

www.princeton.edu...

www.sciencedaily.com...

And with all the advanced stuff that the corporate government hides you know there is some stuff that can really change the human body for better or worse.

edited to add: and mental illness can be classified against everyone since the system manipulates people in a schizophrenic way.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

To one degree or another, I think we all are.

There are those which go a full 360 degrees though.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I wonder what kind of cellular regeneration can occur through enhanced life experiences?

If our mind controls who we are, we need to be filling it with more opportunity to appreciate more than the corporations can provide. But is it too late?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I got targeted by the uk gov, fact and they have tried desperately for 18 years to wreck my life.

Gang stalking is a reality whether op needs to accept it or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I have seen your posts here before in regards to your 18 years of harassment. What happened to you?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you read through all my posts you can put some sort of picture together.

I found out they used electronic mind control in school in 1992, and they absolutely tried to wreck my life since.

Uk gov and police trying to wreck a life is all i have had since 1992.

Does not matter what you people think, this stuff is real.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
90% of the mental illness we have to deal with and suffer thru is BECAUSE of money, things, and the advertising corporAmerica pour on us daily. Then, to add insult to injury (literally), we are made by these same people to 'suck it up' and 'be a man' (or woman)'. This from people who have the comfy, cushy lifestyle and the means to keep themselves that way.

It's slavery and control.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I believe that our materialistic lives account for a lot of mental illness. Camping outside of an Apple store for the latest phone is not regular behavior!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Life is challenging for us all. Anyone who claims competency is fooling himself.

List of things that drive us mad:

1. Money
2. Relationships
3. Health problems
4. Job challenges
5. Control issues (burger king- have it your way).
6. Selfishness
7. Pride
8. Addictions
9. Religion
10. I could exponentiate this list by a factor of x2000.

There ya go, simple pop psychology!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It is never to late.

The powers that be, deny our advancement in technology and science.

Technology is supposed to make human life easier. Humans are not meant to compete with machines/technology.

We are supposed to use it to our advantage to make life easier, yet the corporations make humans compete with technology.

The advancements that could be made with our society could be much better if everyone got organized and worked together.

Also the Elite have the power to silence anyone that intervenes in their plot, so people like Nickolai Tesla never got recognized.

So many things left undone and hindered due to greed of the elite.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, yes I am.

Being aware, yet unable to fully accept the reality of what you foresee will cause such things.

The mind goes in a loop.

The result is emotional instability and the the inability to fit into society.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was under the impression everyone was mentally ill.

who is actually truly well-adjusted ... there is a disorder for everyone.

Link

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you're not mentally ill you would go mad in this world.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I suspect the vast majority of mental illness is caused by:

Mercury, Methyl Mercury & Lead in sub-acute toxicity.

Yet psychiatrists and doctors continue to prescribe things like prozac and other MAO inhibitors that never treat the root cause.

Pharmacutical companies no longer find cures for anything. Cures are shelved, because they're not profitable. Instead they create treatments based on the subscription model.

There exists a $5 cure for cancer (works for breast cancer and Leukemia), but instead Big-Pharma want to charge people $50,000/month cancer treatments, which fail to cure anything.

Welcome to the real world. The question is can you handle it ?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear that. Depression is more accepted in the US, if you can function. You might be protected a little under FMLA. But there is less stigma attached to depression, because it is so commonplace, But for the others, there is still a stigma.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I highly suggest this book. Living well with depression and bipolar disorder. The website is pretty amazing too. Teh author suffers himself, so you have someone who knows exactly what it is.

I bawled one night as I was reading letters from bpd sufferers. The darkness, despair and hopelessness was heart wrenching.

I highly suggest it. I am getting ready to reread it again. My husband's father is dying. Any change throws a bpd sufferer into a tailspin, and major symptoms are showing again.

living well with depression and bipolar disorder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join