It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Biden is wrong about job losses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Hey they are keeping the gulf oil spill alive because of your JOB concerns, look how many Americans went busy, and how united they got so quick.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yuma, Arizona - One location at Madison Avenue, the other location at 5th street and 2nd Avenue - "Fiesta Apartments".

The toilet paper price was padded to include other housewares like napkins or trash bags, I just forgot to mention that.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Not only do I believe self employment and entrepreneurship is the way to go (since that is in fact what I do myself) but it is also the very best way to get the government off of your back and out of your pocket provided you run a sole proprietorship with no employees.

Thank you, my good friend. You are absolutely right, as usual. Entrepreneurship IS the engine that drives any robust economy, not only in the United States, but everywhere. Some people forget that even large corporations started at one point from a small seed, one or two people.

As you know, and as many others who know me, know, I worked for a large corporation for almost 25 years, before being forced out by "dumbsizing". Rather than cry about it, I started my own Consulting business, growing it in a decade to a very flourishing corporation. It was hard, but rewarding work, and yes, initially, my family and I had to scrape by. Fortunately, we got by that hard time, and after a decade reached the point, where I could retire and take my "retirement job", a fully tenured professor, teaching full time. I finally retired, after almost forty five years in business, consulting and teaching.

At no time, did I have to rely on government aid, handouts, or crying. I would not change anything.

Anyone who does not believe that they can do it also, should look in the mirror and question your own beliefs in yourself, your family and your friends. The only people who truly fail are those who fail to be true to the concept of hard work, sweat, and dedication to succeed.

BTW, my family on both sides, immigrated LEGALLY, started from scratch, and took jobs that no one DID want, but eventually they WORKED their way up to the "American Dream".

Those who do no wish to go about, via legal means, have NO RIGHT to DEMAND anything, other than a quick trip back to where they came from. Such people are STEALING from those of us who obey the rule of law and civilization.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I am not so certain that the cash paid workers benefits are quite as taxed and sent to the government as you have mentioned. Certainly, those millions that
you suggest, do not balance out the overall costs to society at large that I have
mentioned. If you think they do, you may want to consider the legal and incarceration costs that are further imposed on the U.S. Citizen Taxpayer by
the illegal criminal. Calculate that into the equation as well and please get back to me. With Respect, Wildmanimal

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, posted in the wrong thread, and double posted. lol

[edit on 28-6-2010 by elocin]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
edit: double post

[edit on 28-6-2010 by elocin]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join