It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had 2 Chinock helicopters fly by

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here in Mississauga, Ontario, about 5 min ago, 2 Chinock helicopters had flown right above my house.Let me tell you, they were VERY loud, and flying VERY low(I'd say about 10-12 Stories High). Flying from NE to SW. I have never seen anything Military going on here in the 15 years I've been living here, so this seems unusual to occur. As soon as I seen what was making that noise, I quickly ran for my camera, but they were already gone into the clouds which disappointed me because It would of been nice to catch that. Hopefully they return the same way if they plan on doing so, so I will be in alert mode to hopefully see these things again and get a couple nice shots.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry to much about that...could be a lot of reasons. Sometimes they take extended flights for training, sometimes local government requests them, etc. I would just keep your eyes peeled and maybe poke around the news a bit but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We have them flying around all the time around my place. Its pretty cool to see them in formation, which is something we dont do in our chopter.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I live a few miles from Rickenbacher and it's like a highway out here with military traffic, especially those giant fuel tankers. Sometimes they will come in to land, there will be five or six in a row, maybe 2 or 3 mins apart.

Anyways, just the other day(for the first time) 2 Chinooks came overhead to land and they were in a tight formation and very low as well. I have active train tracks near by that you can hear easily when the train comes through. When I first heard these two Chinooks I instantly thought it sounded like a train(they were still out of sight and I would guess a decent ways away from me at that point) but as they got closer I realized that what I was hearing was no train. I ran outside and sure enough here comes to Chinooks, it's amazing how big they are.

new topics

top topics

join