It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities seize $45 million of narcotics in California drug bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Authorities seize $45 million of narcotics in California drug bust

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Authorities in southern California said the strong smell of marijuana helped them discover $45 million worth of drugs in the back of a tractor-trailer they had pulled over for a traffic violation.

Deputies stopped the truck Wednesday morning, then opened the trailer after finding problems with the paperwork for the load, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office said Friday.

An "overwhelming odor" led investigators to about 20 tons of narcotics stashed in pallets in the back of the truck, including about 38,000 pounds of marijuana, 2,700 pounds of coc aine and 67 pounds of me
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Really?

How bad of a drug dealer do you have to be? To get caught on smell and bad paperwork?

That's kind of sad. What is even more sad, is the poor driver may perhaps not even known what was in the shipment, they probably just paid him to drive.

Now he'll spend life in prison..

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow! Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket!

What a bold move, to cram all of that into one truck!

I don't know about the guy not knowing what was in there. I mean if other people could smell it, he had to have known!

Also, since the paperwork was messed up, I wonder if this guy is going to let on where this was all loaded at? Makes you wonder what type of warehouse could stock all of that at one time, and is there more?

While I'd like to feel sorry for him, for possibly not knowing what was in the truck, he had to have had a clue!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wonder what they're going to do with all of it . . .

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I wonder what they're going to do with all of it . . .

I'm sure the CIA will be very gratefull for the increase in their coffers.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the truck came from mexico there's a very good chance that this was actually a decoy. Give them a big obvious target to go after as a sacrificial goat offering. As to what they'll do with. They'll do what they always do, sell it to distributors, they'll sell it to the dealers and they'll sell it to the users. Of course it will all be watched and recorded and then they'll put the small to mid level dealers and users in prison, while leaving their distributors free on the streets to perpetrate the "war on drugs". Then they'll confiscate the drugs and money, resell the drugs back to the dealers and the cycle goes round and round again!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

They will destroy it by burning it i think well thats what they say but i bet they re-circulate it and make more money for the gov.

top topics

join