It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Marks 4th Year of Soldier's Captivity in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Israel Marks 4th Year of Soldier's Captivity in Gaza

www1.voanews.com

So far, Israel has refused to pay the price demanded by Hamas - 1,000 Palestinian prisoners in exchange for the soldier. Though Israel has carried out lopsided prisoner swaps in the past, the current government is reluctant to release top militants involved in deadly attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

"We know that if we will release some of the terrorists that [are] today in prison, it's a matter of weeks until they will start to implement their expertise, which is causing terrorism in Israel," said Denon.

www1.voanews.com...

1000 Palestinian prisoners, for one Israeli prisoner.

That is how much the life of Palestinians are worth, and if people still don't believe, view some previous prisoner swaps.

And also examine the number of Palestinian prisoners.

And I wonder why they won't do the swap this time? In my opinion some Palestinians which are asked to be released have been tortured, etc.. That being said would cause a huge wave of attacks against Israel if exposed.

I find it odd that Israel believes releasing Palestinian prisoners would cause an increase in terror attacks.

www1.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Israel will never agree to a swap..

Wouldnt matter if it was one for one...

They NEED that one poor Israeli soldier to stay in prison so they can carry on using that "one poor soldier" as an excuse to starve,maim and kill many more of the 1.4million people of Gaza.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

1000 Palestinian prisoners, for one Israeli prisoner.

That is how much the life of Palestinians are worth, and if people still don't believe, view some previous prisoner swaps.

Sounds like the Palestinians are the ones who came up with the number...

I bet the Palestinians have certain names on the list that they Israelis can't afford to give up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

They NEED that one poor Israeli soldier to stay in prison so they can carry on using that "one poor soldier" as an excuse to starve,maim and kill many more of the 1.4million people of Gaza.

That's quite correct, I would say. That soldier is worth a lot more to the israeli's being held prisoner than he is returned.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i just marked the 43rd anniversary of israels illegal and immoral occupation of the palestinians. i bet the israelis are salivating at the prospect of the hamas excecuting the zionist aggressor so they can level and kill every man, woman and child that they figure will cause the least amount of backlash. so far they set the benchmark at 1,300 civilians and the u.n. barely took notice and as usual the white house vomited its usual " israel is our best friend and israel has no greater ally than the united states and the all time classic " we look forward to a 2 state solution with a democratic palestine living side by side with a free and independent israel."

[edit on 25-6-2010 by randomname]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Shalit has been held for 4 years! Israel has palestinians they have been "holding" for 20 years. They have children held without charges, only suspicians they might have thrown a rock at a soldier. They are "holding" Hamas MP's, taken from their beds in the middle of the night! If you think Israel wants Shalit released your deluded. Israel has little to complain about so they NEED Shalit in Gaza!

top topics

join