It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News is BP oil spill misinformation clearinghouse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Like CNN is ever fair and balanced.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Media Matters should never be engaged for anything, ever. If you ignore it, it will die a slow death. You are giving them page views by posting a link, giving them the lifeblood of your consideration.

Soros = Scum of the Earth

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Myths and falsehoods on the Gulf oil spill

Not a bad site for a little extra fact cross-checking. Just in case.

There are some links here and some pretty good analysis. Very interesting.

MediaMatters for America

Sample

Obama "waited 50 days, 55 days to really begin" responding to Gulf oil spill. On the June 17 edition of Fox & Friends, Rudy Giuliani said of the federal government's response to the oil spill: "The government has played a big role in letting us down here as well. And who the heck is -- you know, criticizing President Obama, President Obama's response? I mean, the president waited 50 days, 55 days to really begin a resp- -- he told us in his speech that the federal government was in charge from the very beginning."

Lucidity, are you that naive? Media Matters is a George Soros funded operation and is as corrupt as he is. Talk about creepy, evil billionaires. Obama is a Soros puppet.

I used to hate Fox News when Dubya was Prez. Then the 2008 presidential campaign happened and I realized how corrupt & dishonest the Liberal mainstream media is. I have NO respect for them.

ALL of our TV media is corporate-controlled with their own agenda. It's so bad, that the clearest, most honest news (what there is of it) actually comes thru FOX! If the Obama regime controls the Internet, we will no longer have anything that resembles REAL news.

Obama has so badly bungled the response to the Gulf oil spill, I can understand why some believe he is intentionally obstructing the clean up.

It's Day 67 and Obama still hasn't waived the Jones Act!!!

Astroved

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If 100 more people tell me that Soros is evil I will never read a word on that evil site again.

Maybe this will help.

I forget sometimes that you all don't know me. My "thing," for want of a better way to put it, is media propaganda and manipulation. And my pet peeve is irresponsible "journalism." I have a degree in journalism, though I haven't used it for many years. I don't read or watch mainstream "news" for the typical reasons.

What I do do is get clues from looking at what changes in the way stories are reported. I look at who covers what and how, and at what they cover and what they don't. I try to trace sources, and watch for subtle indicators to tip me off about things that might deserve a closer look. Look at them all with the same eye. I watch Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, BBC, RT, PBS....as much as I can stomach. I try to catch the wires whenever possible and hit as many online sources as I can. And I try to do it fairly.

My vision and my goal is to stay as objective and detached as I can. It's not all that difficult for me because I'm not any label. I'm middle brained. My political ideology is all over the map. Sometimes I slip, but that's usually due to too many years in the online trenches where I've witnessed some bloody battles and have seen the same things one time too often. (I'm pretty active offline too, and in fact, I've been away for a while, so I'm rusty).

I do have my hot buttons, needless death in needless being one of them. Anyone assuming things about me or attempting to label me or someone else being another. At times I can be quite obnoxious. And I'm human, so sometimes I slip. But when I do, I have all of you here to help me. I probably post threads for different reasons than most and read them that way too.

Anyway, as I stated in the OP, I use this site that shall not be named to cross-check facts. Maybe I should have been clearer about what I meant by crosscheck and what I meant by facts.

If I could find a few people like me and better (okay they'd have to be lots better), I would love to start a truly objective clearinghouse for news. Like this site that shall not be named, but truly balanced and ethical (and I'm not saying that this one is not!) One that lives up to old-school journalistic standards and ethics but the new way. It might be a pipe dream though. The amount of information available to us today is overwhelming. But I'm going to keep dreaming about it anyway.

Thanks for listening. Oh, and I truly do appreciate your feedback. I halfway expected it. In fact? I would have been disappointed otherwise. We should ALWAYS question our sources.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join