It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Its Going to Be Bad..Someone should Document It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As i was reading through the number of great threads related to the DeepWater Disaster,
A thought came to me,If this is truly going to be an event that is going to take its place in American History or maybe even the history of mankind,we should or those who have time start keeping a recorded(sort of archive)and have the real story from start to end to pass on to future generations

I feel that the MSM will only water down the actual events or sugar coat it,as to insure this never happens again and that a accurate account of what happens so it wont be a mystery if this is a ELE so those who survive or those who might find our planet have a detailed story as to what happened......Just a Thougt

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've been gathering snippets of newspaper articles and what-not since about a week after the DeepWater Horizon sank.

Haven't thought about keeping any kind of a record on it much, since I believe this story will be mainly passed on via word of mouth and personal experience, since we cannot trust the MSM nor textbook manufacturers.

GBD

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

A even better reason to do it

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There are alot of very good writers on the coast. Two that come to mind are James Lee Burke, the other Andy Andrews.
There is always self publishing. You write the book, have it put together by a copy service and sell it yourself to independent book sellers. They take a few copies put them in there stores and if it sells big time a publishing company may pick it up.
Fairhope Al. has a publisher, Sonny Brewer at Above the Transom.
Most big universities will publish also. I would go the route of self publish.
Support independent book sellers, you can really find some treasures at these stores.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Couldn't agree with you more. And the many threads here on ATS are probably one of the best set of pooled resources available. There's a tremendous amount of information here, including some that took some real digging to find and put together.

Also, we have ATS members who are providing eye witness reports as well as video they've shot themselves and this will also be valuable later.

So if anyone wants to write a book (and I bet dozens are already underway on such projects), this very website is a good place to start.

Regards,

Mike

top topics

join