It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to everyone, short introduction, and one question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I would like to take a few moments to introduce myself; I wish I had found this site a few years ago! There is so much to read here. I recently graduated from Indiana University with a History Major and a minor in Communications. I graduated 3rd in my class and my concentrations of study was in American History and Public Relations respectively. In addition, I have a strong interest in ancient history; I am currently doing research in Aztec, Mayan and Sumerian history. I am what I would self-describe as a research nut! If anyone ever needs assistance in researching just drop me a note, I live for that stuff.

In my last year of school I was lucky enough to be selected to go on an archeological field study at Cedar Mesa, Utah we visited many Anazai Indian sites, even though I get vertigo pretty quick I was still able to make it to most of the cliff dwellings, it was fascinating!! I hope in the future to apply and be accepted for a Fulbright scholarship, where I hope to go to Cuzco, Peru to teach American culture, and plan to visit Machu Picchu as many times as I can!

As far as alien phenomena, government conspiracies, underground bases, etcetera, etcetera, I have tons of researched material I can’t wait to share with everyone. I am the type which is never too quick to accept, but I am never too quick to dismiss either. I was in the Marine Corps as a young man, where I worked on KC-130s. Since moving to Colorado, I have seen a ton of stuff in the skies which I can dismiss as definitely not airplanes of any kind, what they are exactly I’m still waiting for one to get close enough!

I have raised 5 children and have 2 grandchildren. I was a CNC Machinist all over the United States for 16 years before an industrial accident forced me to get my degree. I have only one question after spending 3 hours and watching the video like 3 times: CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A SIMPLY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION on how to set my avatar for the forum posts, I have posted at other sites, but this one has finally got me licked!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi there,

welcome to ATS!

Here's a good tutorial for making your Avatar -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CNC Machinist eh?? Thats what I am involved in, have been for the last 13yrs. Sorry to hear you had an accident.

All the best on ATS,

PS -

Here's some more recent Avatar help here - media.abovetopsecret.com...

grant

[edit on 25-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thanks alot, your advice helped out alot, still need to get use to it more though.

By the way I use to work on CNC lathes and mills, first was trained on an ikegai, loved that old relic, ran mori seki's and okuma's, started out in the glass industry, then when I moved to Oklahoma ran parts where everything was lifted into the chuck by a overhead hoist, it was an 32in 4 jaw chuck, but left those guys cause they were crazy!, then I went to tinnie little parts in the medical industry in Monument, Colorado, the factory was at 7000 ft above sea level, machined mostly titaninum there, then I returned to Indiana back to the glass industry, where I was making almost $10 less an hour than when I first started my apprenticeship, sometimes I think getting hurt was aa god send cause even though I loved being a Machnist and I could always FIND a job anywhere in the country, it was always feast or famine along with the constant declining wage scale, but I still miss it, sometimes I have dreams of machining a part, funny thing is though in my dreams I never finish it!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Semper Fi

Glad to have you aboard. When you can, please feel free to U2U me. There is cold beer and pizza in the frig. Please keep your boots off of the couch and let the cat out when you turn in for the night.

Here is some light reading on some of the topics you mentioned.

Enjoy.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1
Ancient America Rocked!
Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

Also come join the fun SLAYER's Hangout

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Thats a cool story!
about the dream!

I agree, there's never a shortage of work for CNC Machinists. I started out in Scotland in a wee subcontract shop, spent a year in Holland, and now im in New Zealand!!

Mostly ran Mori's and Mazaks. Managed to get into programmin using mastercam. It interesting, but sometimes I wish I was doing something else, something like a sandwich maker....

g

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

top topics

join