It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the signs that tell you whether you have been 'abducted' or not?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
observe50

I agree with almost everything you wrote- I mean I know myself from my own experiences that these things are true, and I understand how you arrive at the conclusions of the things I don't agree with. Certainly I support you and if there is anything I can do to help you I am willing.

The differences between those races you say are good and those you say are bad are in the differences of theirs and our natures. Some look horrible to us and some look very nice. Some feel (telepathic sensations) horrible and some feel nice. And not all of them are naturally very good at working with humans. There is a "great deal" of room for misunderstanding between us. In the past there were true abductions though rare, and they have been stopped by the other races. Yet still to humans "any" contact can seem like abduction.

Just the fact that you are aware says to me that you can handle what is happening to you, and you are handling it. It's not easy, I know. Support from family, friends and professionals, though well-meaning, is often counterproductive. Public information is made of propaganda both by accident and on purpose.

I don't know how long you have been aware of your experiences, but until recently not all visiting races were working together. Now they are organized and share abilities and techniques best suited for working with humans. Also many humans have begun to help the alien races learn best how to work with humans, and many assist during encounters.

All of the advanced races are allied, and eventually we will be advanced and allied also. The process of this can only go as well as we will allow.

Please always think for yourself and try to communicate with your alien contacts. They are the only ones who know the true answers to your questions about them. They have always been in your life and always will be. They have names and individual personalities. Once you get to know them, everything starts to make sense and if you choose, you can continue to progress with your contact and understanding.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by EarthSister]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Please forgive me for this but I think that it may be relevant to some cases. Many of the "signs" can be found on this site here.

I'm really not trying to be rude. A friend of mine was recently commited due to this illness. It all seemed harmless at first...

There are rare cases in which people have actually manifested wounds, birthmarks and scars due to their delusions. This opens an interesting topic on the ability of the human mind, but does nothing to support abduction claims.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by veritas93]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
veritas93

I was not talking about schizophrenia. I was talking about alien contact.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
veritas93

I was not talking about schizophrenia. I was talking about alien contact.

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, so I apologize if you felt that my attention was on you. One of the reasons that I apologized ahead of time for my post is because, personally I feel that schizophrenia and alien contact are more often than not... one and the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
veritas93

No apology needed. I see your point and you are at least partly right.

I know people with schizophrenia, I know people with alien contact, and I know people with both. I am not a doctor or psychologist but I will tell you what I understand from my experience with healthy people, mentally ill people and with alien life.

People with schizophrenia act like people with schizophrenia in any or all aspects of life. People who have alien contact are (usually) upset about it, and show it when they talk about it to those who are assessing them. The experiences and "special effects" described may, to somebody who has no understanding or belief about alien contact, sound similar to advanced symptoms of mental illness, including schizophrenia.

Besides all this, all people are subject to breaking down mentally under the weight of such stress, especially when confusion goes on for a period of time with no understanding or support from others. Especially when they are instead treated like they are mentally ill, and badly.

It should not be hard to understand the predicament. Even the person who is experiencing alien encounters may fear or presume he is becoming mentally ill, especially at first, and especially if he does not find true answers that help him make sense of his own experiences.

People who are mentally ill and have alien experiences are mentally ill about their alien experiences as well as any other aspect of their life and it shows. Progressive experiences have order and increasing understanding in the telling. If they are not progressive, they are stopped by the aliens because there is no use to continue.

Mental illness should be recognized as mental illness regardless of the subject matter. Alien experiences in healthy, informed, emotionally supported contactees do not look like mental illness.

The alien races do not try to work with people who are mentally ill as you describe. The relationship is still there, but their contact is inactive and cannot progress due to confusion and stress on normal life.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by EarthSister]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe is many people are young when an occurance happens to them and some don't understand what is happening and turn inward and just don't know how to handle it. I worked in a hospital for ten years and believe me I have seen how Doctor's react to a person that state's they have had an abduction and you can believe me when I say they drug the person well.
I have had experiences for fifty years and I don't have a problem with handling my experiences they have not been bad but I do understand the fear that many have but there experiences aren't like mine. I know I have been programmed with the cures for all known Viruses and when it is time I will know what to do. I have been shown the symbol for Cancer and Aids but unfortunately I don't understand them as of yet. I have a marking that showed up a few years back after an experience which I don't understand also it is a red/purple triangle with a dot above and just slightly to the right of it. This is located on my middle finger on my left hand.
To this day there are many things I know I can't help that this is the way it is but also there are things that I don't understand all I can figure is if/when I am to know I will.
I have tried to share my experiences only to be put down as expected but the way I see it, at least I put it out there and people can take it in there own way and they can believe or not believe it is there choice I only share.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
observe50

I have found that the best way to make plain sense of my experiences is to write everything down. Even the mysteries take their place in the big picture. This way, events are preserved with integrity so that later when I learn more, they can all fit together.

Think as normally and ordinarily as you can about everything you learn from your alien contacts. Do not assume that what others tell you is accurate.

One way to tell if someone who claims to have alien contact, really does have alien contact, is by how invested they are in their beliefs that the aliens are horrible monsters. Are their stories borrowed from Hollywood? Do they mimic the popular mainstream?

However, often people who really recall some type of alien contact are as apt to overreact and overstate the experience, some out of desperation, fear and the need to fit in with other alien experiencers in a group, all of whom are lost but are following the leader.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
there are times when you say something one person will have one meaning for what you say and another person may have another meaning you have to be careful with words.
I just write what I have been shown and told everyone has there right to believe or not believe and I know many here do not believe what I do write but the way I look at it is, that is the way it is meant to be at least it is out there.
One thing I still can't figure out is why am I supposed to remember Casper, Wyoming?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
observe50

I know what you mean about different people taking different meanings to what you say. Just try to stick to the facts as accurately as you can, and try not to add in emotion or symbolism. Take things at face value, and offer them to others at face value, if at all. Record events factually in detail also, without trying to decipher it.

You don't have to tell others, don't forget. The negative feedback you get is very discouraging and exhausting. If you really want to figure things out, try to just focus on your own experiences and what you can learn from them. That is the most important thing.

If Casper Wyoming stands out in your mind, there is probably a reason. It may be a meeting place. Or you may have picked up on something somebody else was thinking during an experience that you do not recall, so it rings a bell for you. It doesn't matter, so don't make a larger issue of it for yourself than it is. If you are active with alien life, then you go many places and meet many people in other states of consciousness. It is only normal that some of it would stand out to you, the same way fragments of dreams do that you can't quite recall. Just ride it out. The more you can go with the flow, the more easily it can start to make sense to you. But there will always be things you are partly aware of that you will not know the whole of.

It is very difficult to take a different path from most other people. It's not an easy road and there are always people who will drag you down and criticize you. But if you really want to learn as much as you can about the aliens, you have to break away from other people's popular ideas and try to open communication with your own alien contacts.

Belief of others does not matter. It's nice to have it, but even when people believe you, they will still disagree with your opinions about the aliens. Some will be convinced that you are tricked by bad aliens who have an ulterior agenda. Some will determine that you are not respected enough by humans to be given important information by the aliens. They don't know that all the aliens need you to be is honest and willing. It is very difficult for them to find humans are honest and willing enough. Most cave under the pressure from other humans.

Alien experiences are natural to life. Yet, like all spiritual experiences, they are very strange to most humans because they do not understand them yet. You have to decide if you want to embrace your opportunity to work with alien life, even knowing the hardship that comes with it. And if so, you have to decide if you are going to act strange about it or act normal about it.

EarthSister
www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

[edit on 8-11-2004 by EarthSister]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
All I know is that people have a very rich and powerfull imagination, and that the power of the mind is underestimated by most.
You can be fooled by your own mind, and that's what I think is the case with Earthsister. (no offence)

It's not evil or anything, just a little pathetic.
I do think that such "imaginations" generally have a positive influence on someones life though.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Jakko

I understand why you think that way.

EarthSister
www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
Jakko

I understand why you think that way.

Bah, don't you understand???
I was trying to provoke you.

What kind of reply is this.

Please explain to me why I am wrong, because your story still intrigues me.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
One possibility that I don't think has been discussed here is the "god module". An area of the brain has been discovered that may very well be responsible for what people consider to be "religious experiences". Many of these "encounters" seem strikingly similar to those experienced by people of extreme faith. The only difference is... you believe that you're being visited by aliens and they believe that they're being visited by a god, angel or demon. When the "god module" is stimulated, hallucinations are produced... most often taking the form of some sort of divine or super-human presence. The hallucinations also tend to take the shape of whatever the subject believes in or expects to experience. I'm not pointing fingers because I've had a couple of these experiences myself. However, alien or divine contact never even came up within my mind as being an option... probably because I don't believe in either.

If you think about it, the UFO trend of the 20th and 21st centuries have replaced the mythical/religious aspects of many people's lives. What used to be witches, demons, angels and others visiting us in the night... has now become ETs because logic, common sense and science have ruled out many of the older superstitions. Hell, UFO cults have even formed across the world. The more that we discover about the brain, the more we realize that we are pre-wired for religious and supernatural thoughts and experiences.

I couldn't convince any of you that your experiences weren't real any more than I could convince someone who thinks they've been visited by angels that they were really hallucinating. I know some would suggest that those "angels" were really just ETs, but I haven't heard many ETs described as having beautiful feathered wings and a brilliant and almost divine glow (and usually smelling of roses). People see what they want to see... or whatever they believe. Also, "primative" and tribal cultures throughout history have induced trance states through drugs, physical exertion, pain and many other methods. The point of this trance state is to communicate with the "other side".

Why would we be pre-wired for religious experiences? Well, one obvious reason seems to be intelligence and the capacity for logical thought. The universe is cold and cruel more often that not, and life is short and hard. Without the idea that there is something more... something beyond this terrible life, then what would be the point of living? It seems that without this "god module" we probably would have gone extinct long ago due to severe apathy.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Please explain to me why I am wrong, because your story still intrigues me.

Hi, Jakko

There are a lot of ways to describe why you are wrong but you would disbelieve and disregard them all unless you can recognize something in your own life to help you understand.

For instance, my husband and I have experiences together and recall the same things. We have five children, and they too have experiences with us and each other and recall the same things. The children's experiences are not as extensive or intense as mine and Jack's though. Theirs are more like mine and Jack's were when we were children. When they are all grown up, they will decide for themselves whether they want to pursue their opportunity to work with alien life in more creative ways.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
veritas93

I have had experiences with alien people and with angels. They are not the same thing, but all life is spiritual and we can be aware of any being. We become aware of any other spiritual life with the same part of ourselves-- our spirit. In other words, if you can see other life with your eyes closed, you can see all other life with your eyes closed.

The differences in what people used to think and what people now think are due to the increases of experience, intelligence, education, perception and trend. We are becoming more spiritually aware evolutionally, and the alien races who are visiting Earth are making themselves more available to be discovered now.

Humanity is steadily figuring out what is science and what is dogma and separating the two. All the figments of our imaginations like bogeymen and demons are melting away. All that will be left eventually is the truth "about" the beings who are now so mysterious to us. The aliens are never going away, and neither are the angels. There is only more coming into our reach to be discovered about the spiritual nature of all life.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join