It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola Cleanup Effort

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the pictures and updates.

I've dove off of Pensacola a few times. I came across this last night at some point after reading the dolphin thread..

A sad site.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

You beat me too It. It looks like they are saying the tide covered it up.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Good one on that

Just look at the pictures in that report were they move the sand and the oil under it that is disgusting

And marg6043 too right there should be independent testing of the water.
Edit to add.
Seraphina the green stuff is in the video that Tha Girl They Call Roc put up on page one.

Thankyou

[edit on 083030p://2010-06-25T08:36:52-05:00256 by mars1]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I doubt that they're just burying it. They may be dumb, but they're not that dumb. That ruse won't last long before the media and the public figures it out and then there will be hell to pay. Most likely, someone saw them piling up sand to make later collection easier and mistook that for the workers burying it.

There's an easy way to find out, though. They'll probably be out there for the next several days. Just watch them. Specifically, if they've got the heavy equipment out again today and this weekend, look around for any dump trucks or some other means they might use to haul away large amounts of contaminated sand.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Just watched the video, it appears to be algae.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I wasn't even looking for an article on this, got lucky I guess.

I live on the coast also. I have never seen a tide wash in sand like that. If anything it takes sand out to sea...erosion.

Why do beach communities spend millions of dollars each year to replenish sand on the beaches?? According to this article the tide can wash 1-8" of sand on shore over night??
Something smells fishy!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm not sure what to think at this point. I'm in observation mode right now.
Hopefully this storm passes us by. Hopefully they can cap the well and clean up this mess. I'm trying to be hopeful.....

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I agree!

What else would all the heavy machinery be doing out here. Somebody hatched a brilliant idea to cover it up so they could save Summer profits, and they can start filming their videos that everything is fine, inviting people to come on down and enjoy our beautiful white beaches. D@MN them!!! It just proves these dumb*ss local politicians and large business owners are DIRTY and care more about profits than their fellow man. I guarantee you 9 out of 10 of the local politicians, if not all of them, have personal homes and possibly investments out on our beach.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

They have to bus people in that do this. No self respecting local would cover this up for the media to lie and say its all good.

The best thing we can do is keep posting pictures and videos of the real story so others can see. Honestly, I don't want visitors to come here and lay in the sand like its all good only to get sick later.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You know that has me thinking, I know someone who was hired by Flour to work as a supervisor on the cleanup, he lives in Pensacola, yet they send him to Johnson Beach each day. I bet that is exactly what they are doing, not having the guys clean up their own beaches, idk. I'll try to talk to a few of the workers the next time I go out there, to see which area they are actually from.
Is it illegal to have the video camera running, while hidden in a bag or something, if the person you are speaking with isn't aware of it?

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Seraphina]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphina
...Is it illegal to have the video camera running, while hidden in a bag or something, if the person you are speaking with isn't aware of it?
[edit on 25-6-2010 by Seraphina]

You guys could be on to something. Lets see where they are from.

The hidden camera is not illegal. However, in most states it won't be submissible in court.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi, were you the guy on the BBC News that I just watched who takes photos of Pensacola Beach everyday to document the oil and how if you scrape yoour foot in the sand, the oil is right beneath? I think all you out there near this disaster are doing a great job.
I am thinking pessimistically that your photos might be the last of these beautiful areas before they are messed up even more, with the storms coming and further oil to kill the wildlife and fishing in the Gulf.
Please keep documenting for future generations so they can learn from our mistakes, if it is not too late now???

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seraphina

In the UK if it is in the public interest then you can record stuff and publish it, though they can take the network, newspaper to court to prevent the showing of your evidence. In the UK this is known as a List D notice that is passed down to all the media to put a blanket blackout on anything that might cause public unrest, that is usually their defence for non publication... Look on a website for Media Law in the US for guidelines there. I am an ex journalist so that is how I know so much.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here is another video from Gregg

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
USF scientists find long line of oil 6 inches under the sand at Pensacola Beach
www.tampabay.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is the video from Greg.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great video! Nice to see more people involved in exposing this "cover up."
People and their children will be playing in this. People could get really sick.
Try to contact your local news agencies. Maybe this can get some airtime.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join