It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Jakes51

The president is already guilty of offering a cabinet position to a candidate in exchange for stepping aside in an election... No one has said or done anything since.

Obama is entirely untouchable.

You can't achieve that level of power and corruption without a hell of a lot of people backing you up and protecting you.

He isn't worried about this or any other potential impeachable offences.

He only needs to have a few more items in his agenda passed now, he has the time, and protection needed to get the job done.

No worries Mr. President.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

Well...two things about this:

- the biggest thing about him being untouchable is that whoever controls the media has buried the story. When it first broke, i expected hearings within a month. But after mid terms we may see it. Thing is, you get rid of Obama you are left with (DOH!!!) Joe "Plugs" Biden. Yeah, who would make THAT choice.

- Obama is likely a former CIA agent. I personally believe the CIA has controlled the presidency since Carter left office (Bush, Sr orchestrated the "October Surprise", after all

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I have to begrudgingly agree with you on what you are saying. He is the Teflon Don, and nothing seems to stick to him. How can anyone sit back allow this guy to manipulate the system? He is acting the same way as Richard Nixon when his goons tried to bug the offices of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters at the Watergate.

The media were on him like starving hyenas, but the exalted one, President Barack Obama, is suspected of involvement in alleged criminal activity to fill his Senate seat and is allegedly linked to two particular instances were intermediaries were sent to pressure politicians to step aside for his favorites and offering rewards for their cooperation, Sestak-Romanoff scandal persists, and nothing of any serious contention from anyone?

The hypocrisy just frosts my cap, because this type of behavior is left to go on unchallenged. He is turning country into Chicago and Illinois, and if that is allowed to happen we are in serious trouble. Illinois is a disaster, and is listed among third world countries as a government most likely to default. To put things into perspective Illinois is just behind war torn Iraq and now ahead of California.

While California has been the poster boy for state budgetary woes, Illinois has moved into the top spot as the US state most likely to default on its debt.

www.creditwritedowns.com...

If this morbid policy of turning a blind-eye to alleged high crimes from the Executive Branch by the MSM and members of government, we may have Chicago but on a national level. In this environment one can expect shake downs, pay-to-play, and corruption in every aspect of government from services to administration. It is not something to joke about or brush aside. However, I am in agreement with you and this will most likely get swept under the rug.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Witness: Giannoulias at meeting with union leader and Valerie Jarrett

Also in his testimony, Balanoff revealed Jarrett knew Obama called him the day before the election about her being named senator.

The morning of the election, Balanoff said he had a discussion on the phone with Jarrett in which he talked about her wanting the Senate seat.
"Didn't Barack call you last night?" Jarrett asked, according to Balanoff. "Well, I am interested." He said she told him.

blogs.suntimes.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It's already blatantly obvious that there are people high up protecting Obama, and they're obstructing justice to do so.

Rod's not one to keep his mouth shut and take all the blame, especially when he wasn't alone in this. If he's gonna get spanked, he's gonna make every attempt to make sure his playmates get spanked right along with him.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Excellent Clip! Unfortunately, no one is paying attention to the Blago drama right now. They have been conveniently distracted by the mess in the Gulf.

Watching this case play out is better than watching anything Hollywood has produced in years.

The theories behind a Rahm and Jarrett connection are interesting as well. The theory suggests that he was trying to position her for the "for sale" seat just to get her out of the Oval Office on a constant basis.

Oh yeah.... This is getting good. I would love to see Obama say anything under oath!! Doubtful... I can only dream.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Blagojevich accuses then-president-elect Obama and Obama's advisers of making a "concerted effort" to portray now-convicted former fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko as "all about me" and not Obama to dirty up the Illinois governor.

"I'm a big boy and I can handle that, but it's really (expletive) galling. This guy is more Tony'd up than I am," Blagojevich tells his then-chief of staff, John Harris, in a telephone call 10 days after Obama's election. Obama has described as "boneheaded" a private land deal involving Rezko and their adjoining South Side properties. Rezko solicited campaign funds for Obama and Blagojevich but served as a top adviser to the former governor.

In another recorded call, to former deputy governor Doug Scofield, Blagojevich refers to Obama's efforts to "get out of Chicago politics" and escape the taint of Rezko. But Blagojevich won't let Obama off that easy. "I subscribe to this," Blagojevich tells Scofield, "you know, misery loves company."

The hours of prosecution recordings of expletive-laced telephone calls reveal Blagojevich was growing frustrated at his attempts to turn the search for Obama's successor into a personal or political reward.

Tammy Duckworth, an unsuccessful suburban Democratic congressional candidate and current federal Department of Veterans Affairs official, has "no chance" to be his Senate pick, Blagojevich says, because she's the choice of U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, Illinois' senior senator and second in the Senate Democratic leadership.

Rahm Emanuel, who was soon to become Obama's chief of staff, was pushing Obama friend Valerie Jarrett for the Senate appointment because he doesn't want to compete with her in the White House, Blagojevich asserts. Jarrett later dropped from Senate consideration, but Blagojevich described dealing with Emanuel as a "one-way street."

The recordings also reveal that Blagojevich and his last remaining group of close advisers thought little of a current crop of Democrats, including those aspiring for office this November.

First-term Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias, viewed then by Blagojevich as a potential governor rival in 2010, "under no circumstances" can be trusted. Giannoulias is now the Democratic U.S. Senate nominee.

In one call, Blagojevich pollster Fred Yang offered an interesting, if not prophetic, view of Giannoulias, who was believed by the governor's inner circle to be Obama's favorite candidate for governor.

"I don't know how, how well he's gonna do under the bright light of running for governor? With all his banking stuff," Yang said. "They're going to think that he's been vetted 'cause he won state treasurer … but that's not even close to running for governor. They're gonna give him, like, the equivalent of a media, ah, you know, rectal exam."

Giannoulias has faced problems in this year's Senate race over his role as a senior loan officer at the family's now-defunct Broadway Bank, including a Tribune report of controversial loans made to convicted felons.

U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., who actively campaigned for the 2008 Senate vacancy and whose supporters Blagojevich thought could deliver campaign cash in return, is the "uber African-American" who could prevent a black challenger to a third-term governor bid, Blagojevich says.

"I mean, Jesse Jr., it's a repugnant thought to me," Blagojevich tells Harris in a call on Nov. 12, 2008. "But you know, I don't believe him. I don't trust him. I used to like him. I don't like him anymore."

In a call with Blagojevich's pollster days earlier, Yang said he didn't think Jackson "deserves to be in the United States Senate, No. 1. And, I don't think he could hold the Senate seat, No. 2."
www.wgnradio.com...
"Not to mention No. 3," Blagojevich chimes in, "he's a bad guy."

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Unfortunately, no one is paying attention to the Blago drama right now.

Yea, it is always interesting to hear what politicians think of other politicians, wish there were more tapes like these.

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

There are other tapes like that, we just won't hear them all, at least not in their undoctored versions.

I'd really like to know what info Rod had on jackson jr.

I'd also be interested in knowing what job he wanted other than Governor.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I'd really like to know what info Rod had on jackson jr.

Wouldn't we all.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Rod was very well connected through Mell alone and that was before he became governor. They know he has an awful lot of dirt on every single one of them.

I'm waiting for a book

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join