It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

www.suntimes.com

A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This should be a surprise to no one. Illinois/Chicago politics is as corrupt as it gets... being elected to office there should go down as a felony on your criminal record. Blagojevich at least played the part of a corrupt politician well... Bad hair and flair for drama in the press. Barack Hussein Obama is a far more sinister corrupt politician... Despite his attempts to maintain his Teflon coated character things are beginning to stick. His administration is in shambles, and his woeful incompetence as a leader and an executive is painfully clear to even his ardent supporters. I have little doubt that this will be swept under the rug as so many of his past criminal enterprises have. Just another case of the emperor having no clothes... It's just a matter of time until the majority of the sheeple notice his violation of public decency laws. High crimes and misdemeanors, oh my!

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's why the feds don't want the all of the tapes played in their entirety, because they know there's damaging material on them condemning the big O. But you will still have those that refuse to believe that the man is anything other than the saviour they believe him to be. Blago wasn't doing any of that without Obama's knowlegde and approval, they were all playing together. We all knew Blago was just as crooked as the rest of them, but he had the sense to do things for the people every now and then. Had he not made the fatal mistake of going up against BOA his dealings would have been allowed to continue as planned.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Yea I just read about this, you beat me to it, but that's a good thing.

He is turning the country into the state of Illinois, I knew this would happen, that is why I was so passionately against him.

[edit on 123030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If memory serves me right, Blago had just announced that the state of IL would no longer be doing business with one of the large banks. Then this happens, he gets caught in a shake down for Obama's Senate seat. What a coincidence. Wasn't Elliot Spitzer going after the banks and or Wall st. too? He get's caught with a hooker. What a coincidence! Is Rahm Emmanual caught up in this? Is that the reason for his pending departure? Or is he being recalled back to Israel by Mossad? He has a dual citizenship. He was in the IDF (as a civilian) during gulf war one. Wake up and smell the male bovine excrement!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Yep , as I said his fatal mistake was going up against BOA. There was a company closing down and BOA refused to give them the money to give the workers their severence pay. Blago stuck up for the workers and told BOA that if they didn't release the funds that the state of Illinois would cease all business with them. Like clockwork the Feds moved in on Blago with this senate seat business. Only fools don't see the connection there.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I love how many sheeple think Obama knew nothing about Blagojevich pimping out his former seat. REALLY??? Like the guy wouldn't have a vested interest in keeping his old seat in the hands of a like-minded individual. I think Blago has been so non-chalant about this because he has some serious dirt on O.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That's it then.

Definitely time to start the process by bringing in a special prosecutor.

Let's do it ...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think the most enigmatic and least investigated is the queen bee herself,
Valerie Jarrett, get to know her and get inside her head and you will see who is really running the show.

Obama's keeper: Valerie Jarrett:

www.independent.co.uk...
You may not recognise her face, or her name. Yet Valerie Jarrett is arguably the most powerful person in the White House apart from the President.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Testimony: Obama Had 4 Senate Successors In Mind
CHICAGO (CBS) ―
cbs2chicago.com...

Jurors in ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich's corruption trial got a purported look Thursday at a short list of candidates President Obama favored to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Federal prosecutors played a tape that revealed the first official message from the budding Obama administration about who the president supported for the Senate seat.

In the call, Blagojevich's chief of staff, John Harris, tells his boss that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's soon-to-be top aide, had called him to give him a list of four people that Obama would find acceptable as his successor in the Senate

Blagojevich on tape: Get Obama to fund-raise from Warren Buffett, Bill Gates
By
Sarah Ostman
on June 24, 2010 11:57

In the next tape, Blagojevich is heard floating another idea -- to ask the president-elect to ask Warren Buffett or Bill Gates to throw $15 million into a health-care related charity account that Blago could manage and live off. In exchange, of course, he'd appoint Valerie Jarrett to Obama's Senate seat.

Blago had just seen on the news that Obama didn't want Jarrett in the Senate anymore; instead, he was considering her for a cabinet post. But Blago's not convinced, and he floats this new fund-raising idea.

Rod: This is one of those things where you're the president-elect of the United States. His people, they go get the money.
Harris: I think that's a lot easier for them than an appointment, sure...
Rod: You go to these big Democratic multi-billionaires ... and you ask them all to give 2, ... a couple million each ... That's all they got to do for Valerie Jarrett... that's not hard for them.
blogs.suntimes.com...

[edit on 043030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I found now much respect for Blago for telling it how it is in Chicago politics right before he was thrown out. People don't realize how bad it is with Chicago. I truly believe Obama knew it before this article came out. I bet Blago asked Obama so what do we do with your seat? Obama probably replied back that he didn't care what he did with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
All politicians are dirty, I'm convinced of it. When a politician bucks the system, he gets that dirt kicked in his face. I think the trick to politics is getting into a position where that dirt can't be kicked in your face... or don't buck the system. Being dirty is just a constant in the equation.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i was born and raised in central illinois (minus 11 years in the usaf) and have been loosely tracking this story from time to time.

there is alot of information and links on this thread thus far. and i am still processing the information i have just read over.

Mirthful Me,
just curious .. are you from illinois? just wondering.

i rely on many forms of communication for my understandings, some of them "outside the box", so to speak/type....

here is a possible source of information, and a possible prediction of the future, and how i came about this information:

yes, i know there are literally tens of thousands of "anagrams" for the following two phrases, but i think if you look closely at these two phrases you will find they contain the same identical ingredients themselves, two phrases with the same letters:

what is Our Rulings on Blagojevich Trials
Jail illinois governor cash thug, But Wars

just some observations i thought i might share.

End Transmission,
ET

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Tom Balanoff: Obama called day before election about Jarrett appointment
By
Sarah Ostman

Reporting with Natasha Korecki

Top union leader Thomas Balanoff said he was at dinner the night before the November Presidential election when he got a call that was blocked.
So he didn't take it.

Later he listened to his messages: "I walked outside, listened to it and it was from President Obama," Balanoff said.

"Tom, this is Barack, give me a call," the soon-to-be President-Elect said on the message.

After Balanoff sent word through an Obama aide to call him back, Obama returned his call later that night.

"Tom, i want to talk to you with regard to the Senate seat," Obama told him.
Balanoff said Obama said he had two criteria: someone who was good for the citizens of Illinois and could be elected in 2010.
Obama said he wasn't publicly coming out in support of anyone but he believed Valerie Jarrett would fit the bill.
"I would much prefer she (remain in the White House) but she does want to be Senator and she does meet those two criteria," Balanoff said Obama told him. "I said: 'thank you, I'm going to reach out to Gov. Blagojevich."

Balanoff then described a Nov. 6, 2008 meeting he had with Rod Blagojevich to recommend Valerie Jarrett for Barack Obama's Senate seat.

Blagojevich responded that he was in "active discussions" with the Madigans about appointing Lisa Madigan and was holding out for a legislative package with the House speaker.

"I said that could be months. He said, 'Yeah'. I said Valerie Jarrett, I don't believe she has that kind of time," Balanoff testified.

Blago then turned the conversation to a cabinet position, Balanoff said.

"He said, 'You know, I love being governor, but my real passion is health care,'" and then he asked about the Health and Human Services cabinet post.
blogs.suntimes.com...
"I told him that's not going to happen," Balanoff said. "He said, "Is that because of all the investigations around me?"

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Our President had no idea about what Blagojevich, Harris, and the other merry men from Illinois had cooking behind the scenes? No one comes up in the "Machine," without getting a little dirt on them, because that is how they protect each other. This is just another damning piece of evidence, and still the judge is barring the Obama interview from trial? How much more evidence needs to be given at trial before it is going to become blatantly obvious that crucial evidence is being unduly withheld for political reasons. Personally, I believe the government is sitting on evidence linking the President to this alleged crime. First, Harris makes the claim Obama knew and then the discovery of this private exchange between this union leader, Thomas Balanoff and the President about a Senate appointment with former governor Rod Blagojevich?

If the President did not know of it, why was Valerie Jarret's name coming up all the time as a potential candidate to the Senate? She is a close confidant of the President, and if Cheney was Bush's brain, then Jarret is Obama's. It is not difficult to connect the dots because they are so big. It is becoming only obvious that our President may have been privy to the scam? Thanks for the update! On a side note, when is Tony Rezko going to testify? Now that is going to be a witness testimony for the ages, this guy has dirt on the whole lot of them.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks for the update

Now see why would Obama call a union boss to discuss the senate seat unless there was something crooked going on ?

Looks like Balanoff is a slick one. Seems like he was trying to make sure their were no records of him calling Obama, just of Obama calling him.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here is one of the wiretaps where Blagojevich is talking about his conversations with Thomas Balanoff and Andy Stern two SEIU union goons, about the President's former Senate seat.

They personally visited Blagojevich about President Obama's favorite for the vacant Senate seat, Valerie Jarret. John Harris is providing the blueprint for the scam and he talks about Barack Obama using Balanoff and Stern of SEIU as buffers to keep the President in the background and indirectly involved. At least that is what I am getting from what Harris is saying. If any suspicion arose about this deal the attention would have been placed on Balanoff, Stern, and Blagojevich's camp.

Furthermore, it was apparently going to be a three way deal for all involved? With no obvious no obvious quid pro quo for Valerie Jarret. There was more here than typical political horse trading as some would play it off as being. It seems like a scam to me? Moreover a morbid attempt to manipulate the political process.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
'Fa-get-about-it

Typical Chicago/Illinois politics.

Prez Obama is more worrried about finding asses to kick over the BP mess than he is about the boys back in IL.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Blagojevich seems intent on taking this thing to the highest level of political office in the country and that is the Presidency. If more comes out and the evidence tying Barack Obama to this scam is withheld from trial, it is going to be blatantly obvious that high level people are doing everything possible to protect the President. It seems obstruction may be taking place, to sweep this geyser of political intrigue under the rug.

This is bad news for the President and an impeachable offense if the allegations from the wiretaps are true and can be confirmed. He will have much more to deal with than than the Cold War meets Leave it to Beaver and the BP Gusher. He ought to be sweating because his name is coming up a heck of a lot in trial as well as the goons he has around him.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The president is already guilty of offering a cabinet position to a candidate in exchange for stepping aside in an election... No one has said or done anything since.

Obama is entirely untouchable.

You can't achieve that level of power and corruption without a hell of a lot of people backing you up and protecting you.

He isn't worried about this or any other potential impeachable offenses.

He only needs to have a few more items in his agenda passed now, he has the time, and protection needed to get the job done.

No worries Mr. President.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join