It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intro post! Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I'm very happy to finally be making my first post on this forum! I have been a lurker for maybe about a year, and registered about a month or so ago. I try not to let myself fall for the fear mongering I see in a lot of threads. I try to stay hopeful and positive and optimistic, but I'm not blind. I know there are bad things happening all around, and the world is a beautiful place - and it's being destroyed more and more each day. I am a huge proponent of natural health, which in the US is hard, because organic food is expensive, and even then I have to supplement because the soil is so stripped I know I'm not getting all the nutrients that should be there. I believe in the values of our founding fathers, and I see them violated every day. Again, I'm trying not to give in to the fear mongering. So, I try to be prepared, printing or saving information that I think might be useful later, and building up a stock of supplies for an emergency. I live closer to a city than I'd like, but it's what we could get so I'm happy with it. It really is a nice place, but the basement is a sad excuse for a hidey-hole, and really not very useful.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, and keeping up with events, as well as seeing everyone else's perspective on events, because you might see something I miss, or see it in a different way. I'm probably not going to post a whole lot for a while, I don't want to infringe on an already strong community or offend anyone with my newbie ways, but I would like to be a part of it so I'll do my best to prove myself worthy. I know I have to learn certain things here, like, what does "2nd line" mean?

My goals revolve around freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom to eat and drink exactly what I want based on real research, not what the FDA tries to spoonfeed. I am against vaccines and manufactured drugs, I feel that science is there to benefit all of us, not to make a handful rich and the rest of us are left ignorant - it's a perversion of the idea of science what they are doing now. I'm not against moving to another country and learning a new language, as long as it is in the pursuit of freedom, but I don't know if there is anywhere left to go, I'm open to suggestions! (Anywhere where I can still get vitamins and supplements, and as few GMOs as possible!) I keep myself prepared for disasters, but I don't think I've done enough in this regard, and I keep reading more on the subject. Really, I'd very much like to help bring freedom and information and the power of choice back to America, as it should be. It's a big job, and I'm willing to stand up for it, but how? Writing letters to representatives only goes so far, how to we take the country back? How to we bring back the freedoms we believe in? How do we take down the big corporations that have stolen those freedoms? Really, please, on these points I'd love some help!

I'm happy to be a part of this forum, and I look forward to interacting more with all of you!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GnosisPhoenix

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, and keeping up with events, as well as seeing everyone else's perspective on events, because you might see something I miss, or see it in a different way. I'm probably not going to post a whole lot for a while, I don't want to infringe on an already strong community or offend anyone with my newbie ways, but I would like to be a part of it so I'll do my best to prove myself worthy. I know I have to learn certain things here, like, what does "2nd line" mean?

Welcome to ATS!! Ah don't let being a newbie keep you from posting, there are mods and members who will help you out, just ask
As for the second line thing, don't do it...lol You aren't suppose to have one line posts so people say "2nd line" like it matters and is part of the post. I don't recommend doing it since it's against the T&C.

My goals revolve around freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom to eat and drink exactly what I want based on real research, not what the FDA tries to spoonfeed. I am against vaccines and manufactured drugs, I feel that science is there to benefit all of us, not to make a handful rich and the rest of us are left ignorant - it's a perversion of the idea of science what they are doing now. I'm not against moving to another country and learning a new language, as long as it is in the pursuit of freedom, but I don't know if there is anywhere left to go, I'm open to suggestions!

I'm happy to be a part of this forum, and I look forward to interacting more with all of you!

Well I think we will get along fine. I agree with a lot of your points. It's way too expensive to eat healthy in the US, it's ridiculous! I too am willing and ready to move to another country. I am thinking Italy or France. France has always been my dream place to live and my bf is gonna be living in Italy for three years with the Navy so I would live there as well if the chance comes along.

Do you have any interests in UFOs/Aliens or other conspiracies?

Welcome and please post! Don't be worried about what others say, I posted some silly stuff when I started but many members were very helpful. I usually U2U a mod if I need help. If you go to the "board" section and scroll down where it shows the members online, all Mods and Admin will be highlighted if they are online. That is how I found who to ask questions to and all were very nice and helpful.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ah hah! That makes a lot of sense, and I’ll have no trouble avoiding the 2nd line thing. Weird. I go to some online classes, and one of the requirements is to make substantive replies to other students, so I have plenty of practice at it. Now I have to figure out what S & F means.
I don’t know why I’m not very interested in moving to France, they, by all reports, have great food, and fantastic art and architecture, plus wasn’t Guy Fawkes from there? (I’m sorry, I’m REALLY bad with history. Good with ideas, bad with events, people, and timelines. I’m working on it, I swear.) Italy sounds especially promising, and I hope you can go with him! I would be sad if my man were half a world away. The Scandinavian area seems good, and Australia has pros and cons. My instinct is pulling me towards Russia, but I’m not sure that would be a good idea. Though, it might not be bad. I need to do more research. I have TONS of interest in the alien/ufo body of knowledge! It tends to fall towards the bottom of my research pile though, since there are more pressing issues that need to be taken care of before we can respectably say HELLO ALIEN VISITORS! Ya know? I firmly believe that there are other races within traveling distance (by someone’s technology, most likely not ours yet) that have probably dropped in on us on occasion. I’m not against the idea that they walk among us, and I’m not against the idea that they may have had a hand in our creation. I like to read about crop circles most, because test run on those are the hardest to fake, and the phenomenon can’t exactly be denied. UFOs are harder to prove with consistency, though I do believe many sightings are true. I recently read a very long post on the hollow earth theory as well. I’ve never even questioned the solid earth theory, but now I’m thinking. I’m still a solid earther, but now I’m thinking I won’t die of shock if it turns out not to be the case. I believe in bigfoot too, by the way, and ghosts, and…dare I say it…human immortality, though the last one from all my research is pretty hard to achieve, though that won’t stop me from trying. (And trying my hardest!) Thank you very much for the very kind welcome, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

2nd line. LOL!

join