It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no sense crying over spilled oil! We'll just take Iran's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'd like you ladies and gentlemen to try this one on for size: It seems like a confrontation in Iran is immenent. Israel and the US are poised perfectly to jump into Iran. I see a couple of possibilities here. I would like to present them for debate, and ultimately determine which one seems the most plausible/possible. Also, feel free to add your own coorelations between the oil spill and current middle east tensions.

Theory 1:
The oil leak was done on purpose. Those who caused it knew of the gain from shorting oil stock and investing the money elsewhere. Middle east scenario played out for seperate non-related reasons.

Theory 2:
The oil leak was NOT done on purpose. However, it now being difficult to drill for oil here, without a judge in your pocket, you find it neccessary to have the US government, which is in your pocket, invade another country (Iran). Now you have access to unknown supplies to profit from.

Theory 3:
The oil spill was done on purpose by BP/halliburton. These companies also having ties with the military industrial complex, are finding it hard to make record profits without war. War uses a lot of oil. What better way to convince the current administration of the need to wage war? Convince them the leak is unisolable, prevent further drilling, and tout record oil prices and oil shortages unless we get a replacement source quickly.

Therefore, no crying over spilled oil! We'll just take Irans.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

A good op ed piece. People should be encouraged to air their personal opinions on current events.

One person thinks the problem can be solved, another thinks otherwise.

One way or another, at this point might as well have your say.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Thank you for the kind words. I work in the nuclear field. Having day in and day out worked with many problems, I realize there are very few coincidences. I just try to make thinks make sense to me in the easiest way I can. I have a friend who says "K.I.S.S." Keep It Simple Stupid. I think most conspiracy theories are way too complex to work. I know that if I had no moral fortitude and was money hungry, that I could pull off the above with the right tools. Why shouldn't the uber rich be able to?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i agree with the keep it simple maxim.
it just works.

i have to go with the #2 scenario.

i just can't shake the wrongness of all of a sudden things totally escalated in the Middle East to the point of WAR! tomorrow!

true, they've been working up to it for some time, but even so, this seemed instantaneous!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

It does seem a little quick. That's what got me thinking in the first place.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Does anyone else have anything to add? I would really love to discuss this with anyone. I'd also like to hear anyone elses viewpoints.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by NEWclearMind]

top topics

join