It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TILT: The illness afflicting workers exposed to BP's oil disaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is this going to be the official "diagnosis" of the gulf toxin calamity?

Sort of like the mysterious gulf-war syndrome?

Who knows what the coming years are going to bring in terms of side effects from these people's fouling of the environment...

Workers cleaning up the BP oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico have reported suffering from flu-like symptoms that may be the consequence of exposure to chemicals in the oil as well as the petroleum-derived solvent being used to disperse the spill.

The illness -- marked by headaches, fatigue, upset stomach, and problems with memory and concentration -- has been dubbed toxicant-induced loss of tolerance, or TILT. People suffering from TILT lose the ability to tolerate exposures to household chemical products, medication or even food, Dr. Claudia Miller of the University of Texas Health Science Center told WOAI TV:

Continued:

www.southernstudies.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's very worrisome. What's especially worrisome to me is that illnesses caused by chemical exposures often don't manifest until months or years later.

Are they finally compensating the first responders and ground zero emergency and clean-up personnel at 911? Have they officially recognised and granted disability benefits to veterans with Gulf War Syndrome? Agent Orange?

They have avoided researching and verifying these illnesses, bent over backwards to make these illnesses look non-existent, pre-existing or clinically insignificant and you can be sure BP will take a page out of that book and deny, deny, deny.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome find....

Horrible Nightmare....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Did you see the thread about a captian who commited suicide. Perhaps that's conneted to TILT too.
All those good hearted people volunteering and getting exposed, how sad.
It's a good thing the general public is being kept away, but sad the gov't isn't giving the workers adequate protection and information.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

I'm not so certain this is going to be solely relegated to the clean-up workers. Oil is raining down off shore in areas now---What's to say this stuff isn't going to be doing the same?

I have a feeling we have only scratched the surface of the potential disaster related to this...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm sure that we are only seeing the beginning of what could happen. I can't imagine how this would not effect humans in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

There have been no corroborated stories of it raining oil../

quite the opposite... many are pointing out that evaporation removes only the water...

The oily rain just hasn't been proven yet

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Though I wonder what effect dispersants have on that evaporation thing...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I believe that one reason this may be going unnamed by doctors, ER's is that there in no billig code for this therefore no way for compensation of treatment.
Uh you say. Yes from the time you name is put in the system, hospital,doctors office that is the beginning of a claim for reimbursement for payment.
The very first box on an insurance claim tells the why of what you say is the problem, in other words you go to the er. You say you have a sore throat that goes in the first box, then you say I also have a pain in my arm which is later discovered broken. Well the insurance is going to make payment based on coding for a sore throat, instead of the full payment of an accident.
If you went to a doctor for suspected poison by corexit, while on the job it's going to flip to workman's comp. That means you have to see a doctor approved by BP. If you just happen to be in the area and get the same thing then your doctor is not going to know how to bill because there is no coding number for corexit. It could be billed for chemical reaction but then in the next box the chemical would have to be identified.
Billing insurance is a total nighmare. I hope this clears this up a little. I have worked in a hospital billing out patient insurance.

new topics

top topics

join