It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.3 Billion to Planned Parenthood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

2.3 Billion to Planned Parenthood

www.blacklistednews.com

A new report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on federal tax money funneled into Planned Parenthood and similar organizations raises more questions than it answers about the nation's largest abortion chain.

Planned Parenthood Federation of America's (PPFA) audits show the organization spent just $657.1 million between 2002 and 2008 from federal government grants and programs, but the abortion behemoth's own annual reports show that it took in $2.3 billion from government grants and programs during the same time period.

That's not pocket change. Why the discrepancy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Unethical and disturbing misuse of tax funds....
I don't know If anyone can spin this one?... I don't know anyone can justify this kind of spending. I'm sickened by this Government. everyday I find out something more horrible then the last...... yuck!
I know these guys are big late term abortion lovers... but America is not
No Tax Dollars should go to this crap.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is bad enough that so much of tax dollars have been allocated to this organization, even if it were actually an organization that counseled expectant parents in how to plan for parenthood and raise a family, of which this organization is not about. Indeed, were a newlywed couple to walk into Planned Parenthood and announce their plans to start a family and ask for counseling in how to best plan for this, it is arguable that the employees of Planned Parenthood would suspect this couple of being far right religious shills, instead of merely naive.

2.3 billion dollars and more than half of that unaccounted for? Far more than money is unaccounted for by this organization that relies on doublespeak for its very name, let alone its rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is a hit piece from Rita Diller. She literally makes a career out of trying to shut down Planned Parenthood.

Ironically, she's a staff commentator on CSNnews.com, which totes itself as a no-spin source.

I would give a little more credence to what she has to say if the article wasn't so biased. Also, where are her sources? She sites polls and tax records, but shows no evidence to back it up.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

yea, I know there isn't much Parenting or planning going on at these place's
at least not any long term plans...anyway

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is what all nations do.

This is called Population Control.

There has to be a sustainable nnumber of people on the planet.

Yep, planned parenthood, abortions in the Health Care reform, mystery viruses on the scene every year or so, and even the promotion of homosexuality on tv, commercials, reality shows.....

Population Control

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Wow this just make's me sick to my stomach. I can understand some woman needing to make the choice for abortion due to circumstance's like being raped or molested. But there are way to many who take advantage of the option.There should be alot stricter law's,rule's and regulation's on this.Woman like myself who try for many year's to have a child and then i see these children having children and woman who just dont know how to close their leg's or use protection to prevent it aswell as guy's not remembering or choosing not to use a condom getting all these choice's and our tax dollar's paying for it.It's just wrong in every sense of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a few billion to planned parenthood for prevention and help or a few trillion to supporting those sick welfare kids you're always griping about. your choice.

i'm sure many of yoiu might far rather see the money go to israel for weapons or to iran and afghanistan for more bullets.

Mission
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Mission Statement: A Reason for Being

Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual, throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility, regardless of the individual's income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence. We believe that respect and value for diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our well-being. We believe that reproductive self-determination must be voluntary and preserve the individual's right to privacy. We further believe that such self-determination will contribute to an enhancement of the quality of life and strong family relationships.

Based on these beliefs, and reflecting the diverse communities within which we operate, the mission of Planned Parenthood is

* to provide comprehensive reproductive and complementary health care services in settings which preserve and protect the essential privacy and rights of each individual

* to advocate public policies which guarantee these rights and ensure access to such services

* to provide educational programs which enhance understanding of individual and societal implications of human sexuality

* to promote research and the advancement of technology in reproductive health care and encourage understanding of their inherent bioethical, behavioral, and social implications

most of the people who complain about the abortion rate take no REAL steps to do a damn thing about it. then the same people feel perfectly justified in criticizing those who act. i just don't GET it.
[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Imagine the uproar had these funds gone to National Right to Life?

I dont care what your views on abortion are, but this needs to end. Stop giving my money to any special interest groups, if I want that money to go to them, by golly, Ill put a check in the mail. Same goes for foreign governments, I dont mean to sound crass, but why am I paying for aids relief in S. Africa?

Enough is enough. Our tax money was intended to better our nation, not to line the pockets of any organization, liberal or conservative. Lower my taxes, let me get a better job, and Ill support whom ever I choose, those not well funded will die off and all of the insane rhetoric coming from both sides on EVERY ISSUE imaginable will finally cease and maybe we can start to compromise and come up with real solutions instead of playing "he said, she said"

If your elected "leaders" support spending your money, on any particular group, Planned Parenthood, NRA, whatever, kick them out. Its our money, let us spend it as we see fit.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

it is NOT the opposite of your Right to Life "movement."

Right to life is a subset of choice. and education...real education is key.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Tax Dollars just shouldn't be used to fund abortions... why do tax payers have to float the bill for everybody who didn't cowboy up? I have no problem with tax dollars going for condoms and education but infanticide? not to mention all of the missing money... where did that Go...1.7 billion is just missing.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

My right to life movement? Sorry, Im not a right to lifer. However, I do not feel that my money should be spent on an organization that strongly promotes abortion. I also am an avid gun owner, but do not feel ANY of my tax money or your money should go to advancing gun rights. If there is an organization that honestly and truely wants to educate people about safe sex, hand out condoms, and work in a non biased way, so be it. I have no problem sending them some funds, as it makes the country stronger. But why am I required to support organizations that are controversial. What if the 2 billion was going to promote the KKK rights in Alabama? Doubt anyone would go for that one. Same principal. I dont believe in the KKK, and dont want my money going there, if I did, I would send it. I dont need the government to tell me who is good and who is bad. That just leads to more coruption, more lost money, higher taxes, and less accountability of our "leaders".

Its your money. If you want it spent on sex education, fine. Thats a noble cause. But you should be the one deciding on who gets it, and how much. Not a body of people who look to get re-elected every couple of years and really dont know or care about the people they "represent."

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry what is real Education?... When it comes to sex nobody learns their lesson until they screw up.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
why is everyone always crying about tax dollars when something like this comes to light? this isnt where your tax dollars are going, wake the # up. this is pocket change. all your tax dollars are going to fund military bases and wars around the globe. if you want something to cry about cry about the senseless killing all across the globe your tax dollars are funding, not that the govt is paying for people to have abortions. you are against abortions, kudos to you, are you also against free will? you arent the one getting the abortion so why so much crying? you have no right to tell anyone else what they can and cannot do. your anti abortion stance is closely tied to your religious beliefs no? separation of church and state much?

anyway the point im getting at is that this is nothing compared to where the money is really going. stop wasting your energy being furious about this and start being mad at the real issues.

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I must say an excellent point. Personally I do not see any logic in abortion, but I can understand why a rape victim would want it. Everyone else is just a byproduct of live and let die culture and running away from their responsibilities.

Gotta say. You do not need that much money to run such an organization.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abcddcba
why is everyone always crying about tax dollars when something like this comes to light? this isnt where your tax dollars are going, wake the # up. this is pocket change. all your tax dollars are going to fund military bases and wars around the globe. if you want something to cry about cry about the senseless killing all across the globe your tax dollars are funding, not that the govt is paying for people to have abortions. you are against abortions, kudos to you, are you also against free will? you arent the one getting the abortion so why so much crying? you have no right to tell anyone else what they can and cannot do. your anti abortion stance is closely tied to your religious beliefs no? separation of church and state much?

Separation of Church and State, doesn't mean Religion and Government can not co-exist ... The First Amendment to the Constitution only say's .... The Government can not Force National Religion. I get what you are saying, but funding abortions, you really can't see how horrible that is?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abcddcba

I think you will find that there are plenty of people equally as appalled at the amount of tax dollars spent on a military industrial complex, as they are at the implied pittance of 2.3 billion dollars spent on Planned Parenthood. While there may be some so called "pro lifers" who advocate war, they being every bit as hypocritical as the so called "pro choice" movement, there are plenty of people who are simply appalled at the amount of tax dollars thrown away period.

As to your assumption that a person who is against such expenditures on Planned Parenthood is against free will, it is telling that, while you point to military expenditures, you make no mention of the so called "war on drugs", or the money spent to imprison and combat prostitution and gambling, and one can only wonder just how much of an advocate of free will you truly are.

As to the assertion that "we" aren't the ones getting an abortion, many men in the U.S. have found themselves in the unenviable position of watching the woman they impregnated abort that child, making a unilateral decision about their child. This is a cold hard fact for men who would rather be fathers than see that child aborted, and while legislation declares they have no say in the matter, to tax them in order to facilitate that which they are vehemently against is every bit as atrocious as taxing them to fund wars, whether it be for empire building in foreign land, on drugs, prostitution, or gambling.

It is one thing to rant about choice, but hypocritical to argue this while demanding people who have no choice as to how their tax dollars are allocated simply shut up and accept it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i dont know how you got that i was telling anyone to shut up and take it from my post, maybe i wrote that somewhere. .. anyway all im really trying to say is that all of these things are nothing compared to how much money we waste on the military and wars, over HALF of the yearly budget is the military, theres another huge chunk that goes to paying off the debt (lol) the rest is pocket change that funds everything else.

focus on the big # first is all im saying. abortion is between that person and god, whether they believe in god or not, its their decision and their conscience that has to live with the decision. im sure it says somewhere in the bible that god decides any punishments ultimately. so how about we stop gettin on a rag about how bad abortion is and let people make their own choices instead of trying to police morality. you're upset your money funds abortions, thats cool and all but you fund killing of men women children and babies all across the globe every single day scores more than all the babies killed in abortions since roe vs wade.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Horrible to you maybe, but keep in mind that abortion is legal in the U.S. so it's not like the money is going to an illegal program.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join