It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

A ROV bumped it? Two deaths related to the response? Oh my, incompetents are running the show. What next? Bump the BOP over?

link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Dont understand when you say pure evil and a pic with a red ring around a pipe ?

link   
You know... I'm looking at the CNN feed. I see the 'orange' flow coming out at massive pressure levels. But looking behind that, i'm seeing a darker flow coming out at the same speed. That doesn't seem to be coming out of the BOP. Am I mistaken????

*edit* - I believe the red ring is showing the rov spraying dispersant into the stream.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DerekJR321]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
You know... I'm looking at the CNN feed. I see the 'orange' flow coming out at massive pressure levels. But looking behind that, i'm seeing a darker flow coming out at the same speed. That doesn't seem to be coming out of the BOP. Am I mistaken????

*edit* - I believe the red ring is showing the rov spraying dispersant into the stream.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DerekJR321]

You have to look at more than one feed to see that it IS all coming out of the top of the BOP

link   
thats what I was thinking the leak at the back of the main flow doesnt look as if its coming from the top of the bop

link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

There's two pipes in that hole, one is the oil pipe, the other is the drill pipe. (if my aging memory serves me correct) You are seeing two separate flows from below. One may be different because it's cracked at a different place.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

link   
Enterprise ROV 2 - What is the green stuff coming out of the cap??

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looks like they may be trying to put it back on...

Check out Enterprise ROV2

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

ah.. unfortunately I'm only able to view the CNN feed from work

If you could possibly view that one, could you tell me.. is there another pipe below the orange flow. Or is that pipe cracked lower down or something?

It seems to have picked up in intensity once again. Lots of bubbles coming out now too.

link   
reply to post by ckitch

Likely hot water. They pump that down into it to keep it clea and free from icing up. It'scold down there.

link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Oil was again gushing uncontrollably from the BP spill site on Wednesday after the company was forced to remove the containment cap when a robotic submarine hit a vent. The news came as officials also reported two deaths of workers in the response effort.

BP hoped to reinstall the cap later Wednesday after fixing the vent and checking for safety.

Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said the accident sent gas rising through a vent that carries warm water down to prevent ice-like crystals from forming in the cap.

They say a robotic submarine accidentally busted a vent. Did anyone see this?

link   

Originally posted by atlguy
The latest update is that the top hat may have been removed so that they could install the newer model

I also remember hearing that they were going to replace top hat with a "better" one; I can't find any news of this though...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Looks like they may be trying to put it back on...

Check out Enterprise ROV2

I think they are still just watching the top venting. EROV 2 is hanging on to the side of the cap.

link   
Green gas coming from top hat. Cleaning it??

link   
I wonder how much pressure that pipe has coming out and how tough it is trying to replace that top hat.This should be fun to watch if they show it.

link   
i just heard on msm that the top hat was removed to clean out methane hydrates that where building up on the inside. seems to be conflicting reports. if methane hydrates started building up they might not be able to re-cap this. also this pressure does seem as though it has intensified. did it indeed blow off the top hat? dont expect a true answer from bp or government, guess we will know by tomorrow.

also, the stuff coming out now doesnt look as much like oil as it does lava. but that cant be the case because i would expect the pipes and bop to start melting.

it is just staggering the amount of destruction these idiots are causing. and yes they are idiots. anyone who puts money above human life is!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by ckitch

Likely hot water. They pump that down into it to keep it clea and free from icing up. It'scold down there.

I can't see how the water would still be hot after a trip of over a mile in very, very cold seawater. Is the pipe heated as well?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I think that's unfair. This is a highly technical challenge and one withour precedence. Sitting sipping coffee and watching the live feeds may make it seem really easy but I'm quite certain that it's not. BP management may be a bunch of corrupt, greedy SOB's but my bet is that all of the technicians and engineers involved would do anything to stop that oil.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not sure if it is out there but here is the solution...I believe this has been at the top of most prognosticator's lists of future events to happen. NUKE IT!!!

disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I have to agree. I'm sure the people actually 'trying to' solve the problem are dedicated. Its the bureaucracy that is the #1 problem.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join