It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Compare to this picture taken 10 days ago. It's not the same level indicator I don't think but they should all have been level to start with. Again I have marked with red arrow where the bubble is and clearly there has been a fair bit of tilt in the period.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98deee879432.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I see what was so confusing to me now with your replies. I am looking at Skandi ROV 2 and you are looking at Skandi ROV 1.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I just got up - must have missed something - can you tell me what the bubble might indicate. Thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I just got up - must have missed something - can you tell me what the bubble might indicate. Thank you

Ummm .. well .. on the BOP they have level indicators, same as spirit level you would use when building things. The bubble floats in liquid. When the BOP is level the bubble should be in the centre bullseye. But as you can see it is not in the centre it is off to one side, therefore the BOP is leaning over.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice this arm that is now attached to the BOP - dare I say as if the BOP needs held down now - let alone the top hat which has just become a mess of stuck gunk (highly technical term) over the last few days?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c6f7913e950.jpg[/atsimg]

And just as a matter of thread logistics - I wish ATS would consider renaming threads like this one that has been going since the top hat was taken off as the "up to the minute" BP livefeed rather than creating another thread. That just makes us lose all the information that has already been compiled here and starts the whole thing over again. Just an opinion but when an up to the minute thread like this one already exists - why do we need a do over - just rename the current one somehow. Two cents now spent.

The new up to the minute thread

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Hi DancedWithWolves, I noticed the arm holding onto it a little while ago.

I wonder how much the well has eroded now. Yesterday I saw a video that speculated it is probably about 1/2 thick at this time.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That arm bracing the BOP has been there for at least a week, maybe longer, and I am pretty sure it is to provide support since the whole thing has been leaning for a while now.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thank you for clarifying that

Here is an update "Storm could push oil inland, delay new BP fix"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thank you for clarifying that

Here is an update "Storm could push oil inland, delay new BP fix"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

That is an interesting report. It says BP are spending $100 million per day on the project

38,000 people are offshore and 6000 ships involved.

Hard to imagine all that activity.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wonder what's going on here? the topHat seems to be doing a lot of moving around. www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Hello,

That top cap sure does like to keep us on our toes

Personally, I don't think it will come off on it's own. I am concerned about the well and how much it is eroding. I saw a video yesterday that mentioned it could be approx. 1/2 inch thick at this time.

I also think there is more damage to the well now and if they take the top cap off again to clean it, I do have to wonder if at some point it won't be able to be locked back on again. IMO

Just thinking out loud, maybe someone can elaborate on this.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
That arm bracing the BOP has been there for at least a week, maybe longer, and I am pretty sure it is to provide support since the whole thing has been leaning for a while now.

That's not any kind of arm bracing anything, it's a pipe outlet of some kind. You can't brace a heavy thing like that BOP with a stick, ha, what would you brace it against? If you had bothered to check one of the many available PDF design files depicting that BOP available on the internet, you'd clearly see what it was, as opposed to making stuff up.

Gawd, earlier, I even saw someone here proclaiming that they were laying explosives on the gulf floor around the BOP. If they had bothered to take a few minutes to google for the information, they would have found out that it was CP mats being laid down over the pipes they were putting down.

Man, what's up around here at this site anyhow? Are there disinfo agents infiltrating this place or what? The logo should be changed to "Deny the Truth, make something up."

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Shamanistical]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Dah for me - thank you very much. I haven't seen this shot on the ROV's in the past, hope I get to see it more often.

Totally awake now!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

If you could go back and read it, you'd see there were a few posters on here discussing it and concluded what it was. They were working together to find the answers and did.

You must have caught the middle of their postings but didn't see the conclusion.

If there is any disinfo here please feel free to clear it up, we all are trying to seek facts and truth to this, thank you

I would like to add this, it is an interesting read.

"Ex-FEMA Director Could Help BP out of It's Disaster"

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

Wow. Angry much? No need to attack friend. I said what I thought, and I wasn't overly dramatic or fear mongering or anything. Feel free to back off.

Edit to add: I have never been one to not admit to being mistaken. That has been proven here several times. Guess what? I am only human. As are you. There is a way to approach someone to inform them that they are wrong, and since I wasn't spouting off about depth charges and ufo's, I think I deserved more opportunity to be corrected politely than I got from you. Have a great evening/day whatever.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Seems the web site where I am able to view all the Rov's is down now, will keep checking back here for updates. Thank you each and everyone!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The top hat is moving about a lot this morning.

Not only that but the well head also appears to be jolting about quite violently as well. At first I thought it was rov movement but if you watch the pipework in relation to other fixed pipework you will see it moving side to side, like a vibration.

I'm looking Skandi Rov 2

[edit on 29-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Is anybody watching right now? I have never seen this. I will try to post pics. later. I am seeing them scanning a very long, very sturdy, thick pipe that is showing up around 2600 ft. D. or so & they are following it all the way down. It says something like Riser Ops. Have they already installed the new relief well? It is already clogged up with gunk But - it does not seem like it is something attached to the old BOP. ????? Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Now it is down to 3160 but the pipe/tube is much thinner????

edit: just wanted to add as the descend, the water is looking much, much more turbulent?? None of this looks good at all.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by GATruthseeker]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

HI DancedWithWolves, hi everyone, just like to confirm that the "arm" you've pointed out in your posted image is simply part of the riser adapter that is mounted on top of the BOP. It's been there all along. Can't blame you for wondering about it, though.

You can get a technical drawing of the BOP here. I posted this in my last video post a couple of pages back but I'm giving it again for anyone who might have missed it. (It was pretty early morning still in the US when I did that post.)

Another poster asked about the level indicator and yet another posted a reply, giving a pretty fair explanation. I'd just like to add a little to it, because while it works in some ways like a spirit level it's constructed a bit differently.

In the posted image that shows the circular tilt gauge, the part of the device with the concentric circles painted on it seems to be shaped like a shallow bowl. This would make sense if they use a steel ball as the indicator. If the gauge is dead level, then the ball will sit in the middle of the bowl. However, if there is tilt in any direction this alters the horizontal plane and the ball rolls towards the lowest point.

The advantage of using this "bowl" is that while most builder's-type spirit levels only show the level in a single plane (direction), this one shows tilt in any direction from vertical. By drawing through from the center of the ball through the middle of the bowl (the bull's eye if you like), you can determine the precise direction of tilt. (This would have been vitally important for checking the BOP's verticality when it was being installed.)

However, the disadvantage of the design of this gauge is that it only allows for a relatively small amount of tilt, and it was some days ago that the ball (if I'm right and it's a ball!) had rolled as far from the center as it could. That's where it's apparently stayed ever since. Even if the BOP tilts further, the ball won't show it. If the balls rolls around to another position on the edge, then it just means the direction of tilt has changed. But that won't tell how much more the tilt is (if it is more).

Current feeds: if you're watching Enterprise ROV 2 right now you'll see that the LMRP cap is badly obscured. About three hours ago things were a lot quieter and the top of the cap and most of its side were clearly visible. I was hoping this meant that either they'd increased the capture rate somehow, or else the flow rate had dropped.

It looks like it was the flow rate, because after a while things got violent again and it's been more-or-less like now since then. Perhaps some debris lodged in the well down-hole and partly blocked it for a little while. (The fact is we don't really know so I'm just offering a perspective.) Then the debris either got blown out or the gusher eroded around the blockage and the flow came back to what we now could call "normal".

The only other alternative I can think of is that there is great variation in pressure/flow from the reservoir itself, and I don't have data on how usual/unusual such a situation would be with a known high-pressure well.

Anyway I have to head off to work for a while now, but just wanted to post a few observations and send greetings to you all.

@Sweet Liberty, please U2U me again, could you please? Pushed for time, I can't reply right away but if I have more details of what your concern was then that would be very helpful.

Mike

[edit on 29/6/10 by JustMike]

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join