It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Have a safe trip!

I just wanted to also say that you are most definitely not alone in feeling helpless. I think we all feel like we are watching a horrible train wreck with no way to stop it. I can think of a million things to do & not do going forward but none of that helps with the major problem at hand.

I really think all of us paying attention to this, exposing it & recording it is helping on some level. I'm afraid the only other thing to do is Pray.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

BTW, here is a PDF of the well itself on energy.gov in case someone is interested. Excuse me if someone already posted this here and I missed it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Few pics of some o' the action. They seemed to pump something in below the riser and top hat. The ROV's who took part have backed off now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceeb6e2fee99.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0c8822564f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c01eb4df59ca.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/434e2c9272f5.jpg[/atsimg]

Flow seems unchanged at the top hat, perhaps a bit less on the Enterprise side, the view with all the bubbles(?)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If you look at the Skandi 1 pic that you posted (second one I think) it says right on it Junk Shot Ops. Are we to believe that they tried this AGAIN?

I don't think it worked, unless they were using it to level the space under the top hat or something.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

I don't think those comments always match what they are up to. I've noticed ROV off scanning the sea floor with variable descriptions displayed. And, it would seem to me that they would want the top hat to tilt a bit to keep the overflow on one side, making it easier to apply disperses. If it was coming out all around that top hat, they would have to spray that stuff on both sides.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey guys, does anyone know how much oil they are now claiming to be capturing (since the accident)? I mentioned before that I thought the ROV collision had done more damage to the top of pipe (the big chunked out section, and which what folks wrongly thought was molten material down the side).

Am I correct in thinking that there was on "O" seal between this pipe and the tophap pre-collision - and that they were not able to use it afterwards? Anyhow, I am just wondering what difference in leaking and oil capturing you feel is taking place as compared to before.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

This information was from last night on the BP Gulf Oil Spill web site.

For the first 12 hours on June 26 (midnight to noon), approximately 7,570 barrels of oil were collected and approximately 4,070 barrels of oil and 28.3 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared. On June 25, total oil recovered was approx. 24,550 barrels: approx. 16,340 barrels of oil were collected, approx. 8,210 barrels of oil were flared, and approx. 54.5 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared. • Total oil recovered from both the LMRP Cap and Q4000 systems since they were implemented is approx. 391,000 barrels. An additional 22,000 barrels were collected from the RIT tool earlier in May bringing the total recovered to approx. 413,000 barrels. The next update will be provided at 9:00am CDT on June 27, 2010. Updated June 26 at 6:00pm CDT / 12:00am BST

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is a new, "official" feeds watching thread started by the Mod Burdman here: Up To The Minute

So that there is one collective place to get updates and give updates, I will be posting here when I see stuff on the feeds, but I will be checking back here for other commentary, questions, etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i have been hearing reports of explosions going on down there, maybe these had something to do with it.
ive been looking around for video of any kind of explosions but im sure bp as a hold on most if not all of them. the only thing i have really seen that can resemble an explosion is sometimes the oil looks like its almost seething almost like an explosion is going inside, can anyone elaborate on that.

also, im not sure if i saw this on a really really early morning news show, or if this was a dream, but i remember actually seeing footage of an explosion, a fairly large one, and the cap, the one we are talking about here was blown off in the explosion, however the cap was but back on a short time later. it seems so real and feels so real that im not sure if it was a dream or if i was dosing in the early morning and saw this report. maybe it was remote viewing, or astral projection

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm new here (been lurking awhile though) and I've been watching the feeds a lot. I've noticed that ever since the tilt of the BOP started becoming more apparent, it seems like they are being very careful about what camera views are shown. All the ROV's that are sitting watching the flow have the cameras zoomed in a lot farther than before. A lot more of the ROV feeds go down now more often it seems like. I also don't ever see a shot of the whole BOP from a distance anymore like I remember seeing earlier.

But from what I have seen, I can tell the BOP is tilting a lot. You can tell that the flow is going up at a different angle than the the pipe it is coming out of. The ropes that float straight up attached to the ROV's and other pieces of equipment are also an indicator of the tilt.

For example, just now Boa Deep C ROV2 was examining what appeared to be a large pipe rising out of the sea floor (maybe the bottom of the BOP?). There was a lot of dust flying around so it was hard to tell. It was whitish on the bottom and turned black as it went up. The camera never went up high enough to confirm whether it was the bottom of the BOP or not or to see if it was tilted. Another ROV was also visible, but it's feed was not showing (it might have been Boa Deep C ROV 1). Then the video froze, I reloaded the page and now the video doesn't load at all.

EDIT TO ADD PICTURES:

Here are some shots I took from the feeds to illustrate evidence of the tilting. I added some red arrows to make it easier to see.

In this shot, you can see the floating streamer to the far left attached to the rod going across the flow. Since the top of the streamer is buoyant, it will always point pretty much straight up. If you check the feed, you can see it for yourself (as long as they haven't changed the zoom or angle).

In this shot, you can see some white dispersant coming out of a small tube at the far right. This stream also is flowing pretty much straight up. Compare this to the angle of the main pipe and you can tell the BOP is tilting pretty badly now.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by bdw18_123]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doritoes1

Good morning

I have to wonder if Mike decided to seek out "orange pancakes and streamers", maybe mentioning it made him hungry

It is very kind of you and bdw18_123 to post these pictures as I have read there are some people who can't access any sites that show live feeds of the BOP.
Thank you for sharing.

I see BP has "Update on Gulf of Mexico Spill".

www.bp.com...

This update also gives us a "Video: Relief Well Overview and Ranging animation"

bp.concerts.com...

I found this video very interesting. Kent Wells gives a brief explanation of Open hole magnetic Ranging,
Drill pipe Magnetic Ranging,
and
Ream, Case, and Cement.

He added again that they think the relief well is the "ultimate solution to killing the well".

I haven't yet learned how to imbed videos and properly display addresses, I apologize for that and will take some time out to learn this

In the meantime I hope someone could show the video for others to view who aren't able to access it.

Thank you
Liberty

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
oops, sorry

[edit on 28-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Skandi ROV2 is not working for me.

Does anyone have this problem?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Looks like most of the cams are down all of a sudden for me.. even cnn one is frozen...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Yes I noticed that. In my experience, when BP cuts the feed it usually goes green, all of my views are black, humm.
Thank you.

edit to add a link from msnbc, "Florida braces for oil shift from tropical storm"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would agree that we are seeing a lot less than before. For having 12 cameras down there none of them are showing anything meaningful. Perhaps something is happening they want to keep from us.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe 10 minutes ago Skandi ROV 2 camara was looking at things under the bop. I thought I was viewing the wrong ROV but I wasn't.

Right away Skandi ROV 2 was back into its regular position.

I did't see movement all day from under the top cap. I am now seeing movement from it (the base).

I will go look for the proper name of it now.

Has anyone noticed the movements lately?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Skandi Neptune is about to check to level indicator. Is just getting a brush from the tool rack to clean off the glass.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Its changed again please take a look Skandi rov 2

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here is the indicator.

I have marked what I think is the bubble right off to the edge. Well actually it has one more ring to go till it gets to the edge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de74861ae2f3.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by bigyin]

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join