It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Look, it's just a contest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
1. There is no hidden secret meaning behind the 'words' engraved on the rings. Otherwise the engraver of the rings would have all 4 words to do with what he/she wants.

2. Simon saying the box was empty, and the clerk saying 'back so soon' doesn't REALLY mean someone went to a safety box and took the code. There is NO safety box, and NO clerk. They are hypothertical insertions to allow a visual.

3. Stop taking it so seriously. It's a contest created by the Owner/Operator of this site, to reward (in a way) ATS' posters.

4. Whoever wins a ring, just remember, you and 3 other are now in a very small, prestigious club, and are forever linked. Even tho it's just a contest.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
1. As has been recently observed elsewhere, people seem to be thinking in 4s. Except maybe those who got themselves arranged in teams of 4.

2. "Game on" is a useful cue to observe when the game is on. If it was said that the safety deposit box was empty when Simon went to it and he had eimmediately prior to that said "Game on" then obviously there was no safety deposit box that had been raided. That would be the case in the real world, but this is ATS, the internet's most popular conspiracy site, so the words "Game on" have several hidden meanings, one of which is that the "game" that is "on" is Simon Says.

3. I am not sure the Owner-Operator of ATS devised the game at all. I believe Jim Buntz has more answers than he has given.

4. Are we really to believe there are no precioussssssssses?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Wow AP4! What an original idea! That I posted a week ago. But no-one listens to me, now I know how -5- feels...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is obviously a game and everyone know it in reality. But, what fun would it be if nobody makes it fun?
Come on, no one is seriously taking this as being a 100% real, but it is good to stay in character and pretend it to be real. How else can you get the full effect? Getting involved is a way to make it fun and to think of the what if possibilities. We certainly do not want to lose, but having an attitude of it is only a game will make it not only boring, but will cause us to lose. The storyline and the fun of t are keeping everyone having fun, motivated and staying involved.

Loosen up and enjoy it.....

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
~snip~
Come on, no one is seriously taking this as being a 100% real, but it is good to stay in character and pretend it to be real. How else can you get the full effect? ~snip~
Loosen up and enjoy it.....

Thats right! Its called role playing, and many games use it to add to the experience of the game. You know when you read a book, those pictures you get in your head (if its a good book)? Same thing here. What if every chapter of your favorite book started with "By the way, reader, none of this is real, its all just fantasy make-believe for your entertainment" How fun would that be?

Simon has and will answer game questions *in the context of the game* ( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Just gotta ask game questions to get game answers.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Simon, game question, game answer required.

Are three rings in jeopardy? Do we have to do something about this, or does Cerberus have it covered?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by angloshot
Wow AP4! What an original idea! That I posted a week ago. But no-one listens to me, now I know how -5- feels...

He has been ariund for 3 months more than you...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is a game, but like the full site, it attracts and appeals to the inquisitive, questioning, and skeptical mind. I wonder if an obsessive personality trait can be linked to this, as this game seems to tweak that part my brain-bone.

It is captivating, and draws my attention easily. (and a ton-o-fun too!)

When a clue, or topic of interest, or new discussion pops up, related to the hunt...I forget all about the rest of the board.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

He has been ariund for 3 months more than you...

errr, so...? What's your point Mig? I still said it, and no-one replied.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
It is a game, but like the full site, it attracts and appeals to the inquisitive, questioning, and skeptical mind. I wonder if an obsessive personality trait can be linked to this, as this game seems to tweak that part my brain-bone.

It is captivating, and draws my attention easily. (and a ton-o-fun too!)

When a clue, or topic of interest, or new discussion pops up, related to the hunt...I forget all about the rest of the board.

Me too Smirkley. I am addicted to these games. It isn't role-playing Tjack, it's called ARG, alternate reality gaming. There are forums and sites dedicated to this kind of game.

And of course it's a game. If anyone has doubts read Simon's posts...he often mentions "game on" or "game off". It's a game! Read up on ARGs.

Viva la game

top topics

join