It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pic with RAF plane, MoD refuses to investigate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Although this video is apparently a year old, I have never seen anyone post it up on ATS.

So I decided to share this with you guys because I found it rather compelling and dare I say , "A tad bit credible?"

1) Photographer (John Powell - spelling?) is not hiding or anonymous
He is willing to face the light of day and answer questions.

2) I see no examples of photo doctoring or shopping. (Perhaps Mr Powell has the negatives available for study??--- Worth looking into).

3) The MoD allegedly refused to investigate the case.

Take a look and see what you think about it yourself.

Part of my gut instinct tells me this is a real UFO pic here.

However, keep in mind I tend to call bogus/hoax on 95% of all UFO videos/photos.

This one has the aura of authenticity with it though.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The reporter claims that the MoD's reasoning for not investigating the incident was basically that "there is no evidence that there is a credible threat".

Which I take as meaning basically " We know what it is and don't worry it won't kill us."

Which I think is condescending and a slap in the face of all intelligent and open minded humans everywhere. Being treated like a 5year old child is very frustrating.

We are grown ups, we are smart enough to handle the truth!

Just admit what it is and get it over with I say!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lf it looks like a cloud it probably is ,sorry not doing anything for me and i believe there here but not in this photo.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The reporter claims that the MoD's reasoning for not investigating the incident was basically that "there is no evidence that there is a credible threat".

This has been their justification for refusing to investigate UFO cases (at least publicly) for quite some time now.

I am reminded of the former Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hill-Norton who had the courage to ask questions about UFOs in the Houses of Parliment, upon being told that the Rendlesham Forest case was of "No defence significance" he replied:

"Either, large numbers of men and the Commanding General of a base equipped to carry a nuclear arsenal were hallucinating, or, what they say happened did happen, and in either case it is of EXTREME defence significance to the UK, and I've never had a satisfactory rebuttal of that statement"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here is a few British media outlets covering the incident last year.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And even more sources.
www.thetechherald.com...

There are just tons of sources on this (but I can't find one at ATS lol).

Just type in John Powell RAF UFO into google and have at it.

And 12voltz, if you had read the story and realized there is multiple pictures (which I am trying to locate) you would realize that calling this a cloud is extremely condescending and insulting lol.

It is metallic grey- color and gives off a metallic reflection on the upper right side of it. (At least that is what I see on the close up shots).

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Would be nice to obtain a blow up of that photo, if possible. For once it's someone who actually seems to know what they are doing with a camera. it is doubly interesting in that, there is actually something of a known size in the photo to at least, make a stab at estimating the size of the object.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

if you're grown ups why to you vote for people to care of you and rule you.
a man takes care of himself, his family and solves all his problems himself.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Not trying to be insulting ,i just looked at the pic and that was my thoughts,you said yourself that you call out other sightings 95% of time.Dont be offended it was my observation from the one pic

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Not trying to be insulting ,i just looked at the pic and that was my thoughts,you said yourself that you call out other sightings 95% of time.Dont be offended it was my observation from the one pic

Don't worry I wasn't offended by it lol. That is why I lol'd when I said it to you.

I just meant it was kind of insulting to the guy who photographed it and was freaking out over it.

BTW the guy said clearly he doesn't even believe in UFOs (But I guess he does now eh?? )

Maybe it is a top secret Drone of some type? And the reason it was following the Hercules was because that was it's command center and inside the aircraft is someone remotely piloting it???

Just tossing that out there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Dont think I fully understand this....I don't vote for anyone to rule me....as for the powers that do...those are part of a once working system...one that to escape from is next to impossible...unless you don't own a single...anything really and have no proof of existence...

ummm...how is this on topic?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well for all we know that could have been a big fat bird or even just some scrap metal that fell of the plane.

But im pretty sure with all the pro´s in photgraphy we have in here this subject will be handled within day´s.

Go go go gadget boys, show us what you are made off

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I looked at the photo and it was a wow moment.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but
UFO's sure seem to like being around or
inspecting military property that have
nuclear munitions. Maybe they have
spectral vision and can see the radiation
emitting from these assets and come to
check things out almost like a guardian
would of a child.

This photo has a cargo ship in it.
I wonder what the cargo was ???
nuclear perhaps???

The USS Eisenhower Aircraft Carrier
was the first nuclear powered flat top
in the US Fleet and it has a long history
of UFO/USO encounters as well as Nuclear
Subs.

I think ET is making sure the kids don't
burn the house down with the matches.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That does not look like a UFO. Looks more like a camera artifact (dust, smudge).

Nothing to investigate.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redblue
That does not look like a UFO. Looks more like a camera artifact (dust, smudge).

Nothing to investigate.

To the best of my knowledge the guy took the photos because he could see the UFO with his eyes, not.. the UFO showed up after the photos were developed. So that's a bit of fail to suggest it's a smudge isn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

May I ask WHAT THE HELL that statement has to do with anything in this thread?

It makes no sense to me.

I was so insensed by that comment being so far off topic that I replied in this thread and now my response is off topic - see what you made me do?

Anyway.....I think that is a pretty credible shot - to me anyway, it does not look like a bird or scrap metal falling from the plane ( yeah scrap metal falling from a FLYING plane is an everyday occurance - imm hmmm ).

I feel this deserves at least a first, nevermind a second look by the MoD - but then what do we know?

Dorian Soran

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

To the best of my knowledge the guy took the photos because he could see the UFO with his eyes, not.. the UFO showed up after the photos were developed. So that's a bit of fail to suggest it's a smudge isn't it?

I'm basing my opinion on the video containing the image. It looks like a photo of an airplane with some kind of artifact. I didn't see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Oh come on Muzzle, it's obviously Swamp Gas.

where's Phage when you need him

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I swear I saw something like that way up in the sky earlier today by this plane that was leaving a long trail(not sayin it was a chemtrail because idk) and I watched it for a good thirty seconds, something was there and I dont know what it was. I live in an area with a lot of military so there are always a lot of planes.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Muzzleflash.....

Thanks for your interesting video & report.

I'm quite certain that has been posted on ATS previously.

However, I cannot recall the exact thread or the discussion & conclusions therein.

I "think" I recall the thread had an awkward name that might make it hard to find.

I will have a more thorough look at the video & look around for the thread, other info, etc... later on today, when I finish work.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Explantion: Iieee NOooooo! I'm being Mind Controlled... Must post this
BS er [cough]... Brilliant proof to the contrary... It's a Weather Balloon!

Weather Balloon [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: I Hate myself now!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join