It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Hits Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"On June 15 a federal grand jury will consider bioterrorism charges against Steve Kurtz, a Buffalo, N.Y. university professor who was working on an exhibit for Mass MoCA and belongs to the internationally acclaimed Critical Art Ensemble. The exhibit included the use of simple biology equipment, such as Petri dishes."

"An FBI agent from Buffalo handed subpoenas to two of four ensemble artists, Beatriz da Costa and Steve Barnes, on May 30 outside the Holiday Inn in North Adams while the duo was in town for the opening of Mass MoCA's latest season, said Nato Thompson, associate curator. Both da Costa and Barnes are scheduled to testify."

"Because materials intended for the art project were seized, an empty space and a sign explaining the situation stand in Mass MoCA where the exhibit would have been."

"Unfortunately, it's hit home, it's hit here," said City Councilor Gailanne Cariddi. "I think perhaps we can turn a sharper attention to the ramifications of what's going on in this country."

www.thetranscript.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yep, and people still think it will never affect them. I did a science project back in the 5th grade in which I displayed E. coli in petri dishes. Now, I would probably be suspended and possibly sent to juvenile hall. Its pretty sad really that they even considered bringing him up on charges. I mean, how about they go after the companies that release products with E. coli in them to consumers (much more harmful), oh yea, I forgot, they have political connections.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Adding insult to injury seems to be job no.1 for today's FBI.

That and spreading deliberate dis-information, like listing supposed eco-terrorists as "top priority" domestic terrorists. See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Umm, exactly how many people have their wife die and then upon investigation find (basically) a bio lab in someones house....granted he did not seem to have anything "harmful" or illegal (mabey a zoning violation)

How many Americans are going to be in a similar circumstance?

This guy, while inconvinienced, will likley walk once they are done investigating.

Like people werent being arrested and then found not involved thru pd investigations, or not guilty thru courts before the patriot act....

Seems to me like youve always been able to be detained for any reason here in the states. weather your guilty or not is the only question.....My friend had been detained and questioned for the maximum allowed time before being released because there was nothing to charge him on...this was a decade before Patriot act?

top topics

join