It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Muslim televangelist Zakir Naik banned from Toronto conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Controversial Muslim televangelist Zakir Naik banned from Toronto conference

news.nationalpost.com

An Indian Muslim televangelist who was banned from Britain last week for “unacceptable behaviour” will not be allowed into Canada to speak at an upcoming conference in Toronto, sources familiar with the situation have told the National Post.

Dr. Zakir Naik, who has said “every Muslim should be a terrorist” and that Jews are “our staunchest enemy,” was to headline next month’s Journey of Faith Conference — which is billed as one of North America’s largest Islamic conferences
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.zimbio.com
www.thejc.com
www.journeyconference.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Terrorist Muslim BANNED from UK

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Good. Preachers of hate shouldn't be allowed into this country period. This guy is a scum bag and part of the problem. If Islam wants to accepted in the western world, you can not invite people like this to speak at gatherings. The more that I follow stuff like this, the more my beliefs about Islam change. If everyday muslims want peace, why on earth would you make this scumbag one of your main speakers at a major conference?

This statement from the Muslim Canadian Congress is a good start but no where near enough...

“We are very happy that government agencies, having been made aware of his statements, have taken this decision,” Mr. Fatah said, adding that he sent a mass email to federal MPs last week, warning them of Dr. Naik’s views. “We certainly don’t want hate-mongers to come here.”

This guy has ties to the Toronto 18, preaches it is ok to beat your wife, supports OBL amongst other things. Stuff like this just makes me shake my head. I have looked around for information on some of the other speakers at this conference but their doesn't seem to be any ties to extremists there, at least at a cursory glance.

From the confernces about page...

Values

The Organization would promote the understanding of Islam through the Divine Revelations and the Prophetic Traditions. It would also endorse the proper understanding of religious sources in avoiding following human whims and desires often leading to extremism, intolerance and religious violence.

yet they invite as a main speaker this guy?

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join